Common tour shaft?

JB does the part where the guy suggested I get a driver with full face deep grooves to reduce my severe backspin make sense?

Help JB! =P

I believe they are more referring to you needing a low spin head. Many deep face drivers fit that bill.

I believe they are more referring to you needing a low spin head. Many deep face drivers fit that bill.

Rgr...thank you very much. Right now I am using the FT Tour and Diabloe Edge which are both really shallow faces. I have had my eye on a SuperDeep and they are at a great price right now.

I'm thinking this is a good excuse to match my dream combo...SuperDeep + Miyazaki. :love::love::love:

Rgr...thank you very much. Right now I am using the FT Tour and Diabloe Edge which are both really shallow faces. I have had my eye on a SuperDeep and they are at a great price right now.

I'm thinking this is a good excuse to match my dream combo...SuperDeep + Miyazaki. :love::love::love:

I have messed with the super deep a bit @ my local GG. One of the best combos was taking the RIP shaft that comes on the super deep and putting it on the supertri. It was awesome, it really showed how lacking the stock supertri shaft is. (for me, and my swing)

I have messed with the super deep a bit @ my local GG. One of the best combos was taking the RIP shaft that comes on the super deep and putting it on the supertri. It was awesome, it really showed how lacking the stock supertri shaft is. (for me, and my swing)

I tested the RIP 60 with my supertri. Thought it was pretty good as well, but decided on something else.

I tested the RIP 60 with my supertri. Thought it was pretty good as well, but decided on something else.

I did the same. Still preferred my shaft I have now, but it was pretty darn good.

What did you go with?

Tested many over several months (as it is difficult to find shafts with the r9 sleeve already on it). Liked the RIP, Diamana Blue, Fubuki Alpha, Miya Blue and Miya Black. Went with the Miya Black because it provided more predictability and stability, without a significant loss in distance. All of the ones I listed provided great numbers though (tested Fubuki Alpha without monitor).

Tested many over several months (as it is difficult to find shafts with the r9 sleeve already on it). Liked the RIP, Diamana Blue, Fubuki Alpha, Miya Blue and Miya Black. Went with the Miya Black because it provided more predictability and stability, without a significant loss in distance. All of the ones I listed provided great numbers though (tested Fubuki Alpha without monitor).

Good stuff man! Those are some really nice shafts!

Back