Esox

Reaction score
Handicap
It was a beautiful day in Cheeseland. High 70s, soft breezes, and oh my God, low humidity. Even the mosquitoes were taking the day off. Most of them anyway, a couple squirts of 40% deet on the first hole, and rarely a buzz was heard. Conditions were perfect for shooting a nice score.

And she did. My 13 year old daughter, Junior Lancer, put up her best score ever, 43-38 for 81. This bested the lackluster performance of her tubby old man by 3 strokes. Of course my elbow hurt, I think I had a blister on my left piggy toe, and I was feeling a little gassy. LOL.

She played wonderfully aside from a double on the 7th and a triple on the 9th. I was so proud of how she managed to shake those two holes off to shoot the 38 on the back. She skimmed the hole on the 17th hole from ten feet for birdie, and had an 8 footer break off about an inch at the last for another. She was pretty careful with those two, as she knew she was playing well, but not 38 well.

I like being outplayed.

Kevin

Awesome stuff, Esox. And great round, jr. I bet that was a treat, Esox. Hope there are many more of those to come.

The best golf story I have 'heard' this year!

Congrats to Junior Lancer!

Man, that has got to be a great feeling for both of you. I CLEARLY remember the first time I beat my dad on the golf course- it is one of the memories I cherish most with him. I hope you guys did (or do) something special to celebrate and remember the date. Save the ball, get a 'reward', or even play another round at a nice course.

It was a beautiful day in Cheeseland. High 70s, soft breezes, and oh my God, low humidity. Even the mosquitoes were taking the day off. Most of them anyway, a couple squirts of 40% deet on the first hole, and rarely a buzz was heard. Conditions were perfect for shooting a nice score.

And she did. My 13 year old daughter, Junior Lancer, put up her best score ever, 43-38 for 81. This bested the lackluster performance of her tubby old man by 3 strokes. Of course my elbow hurt, I think I had a blister on my left piggy toe, and I was feeling a little gassy. LOL.

She played wonderfully aside from a double on the 7th and a triple on the 9th. I was so proud of how she managed to shake those two holes off to shoot the 38 on the back. She skimmed the hole on the 17th hole from ten feet for birdie, and had an 8 footer break off about an inch at the last for another. She was pretty careful with those two, as she knew she was playing well, but not 38 well.

I like being outplayed.

Kevin

Good stuff Esox!!!!! Stuff like this remains in your heart forever........

Wow, 13 years old and an 81? That is SUPER impressive. That shows a great future for golf Esox!

awesome story! congrats JL!

Great stuff Kevin, tell Junior Lancer how proud we are and good luck.

edit: oh yeah, take care of that toe. Hope its better soon, lol

Last edited:
congrats to jr. on a super score and it sounds like you guys had a great time! I hope there are many more to come.

sounds like the perfect golf day!

congrats to JL on her solid round.

great round... sounded like alot of fun

sounds like a good day. I remember the first time I beat my old man. Shot 51 on the front, 43 on the back. Hit nothing but 4 iron off the tee for the back 9. Learned a lesson about keeping the ball in a playable position. Sounds like you have quite the golfer in training.

Congrats to your daughter, Esox!

I don't yet have any kids, but I do look forward to getting beat by one of my godsons or niece one day.

Back