Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
That OEM thread on wedges is awesome. Ol' clam is now on a mission.

potentially a different shaft for my 5 wood or 4 hybrid. Had a very productive range session with the C Kua Miyazaki driver shaft and would love to see what one would do for me in either of those clubs

There's a Piretti Teramo "First 10" CS Mid-Mallet headed my way in their gorgeous Midnight Black finish.

Mike offered up a deal I couldn't refuse, seriously, an unbelievable intro price for a custom putter.

So Im thinking of purchasing a 5 wood but current funds are a little low... rockbottomgolf has Nike Dymo FW for $59.99! Although I havent yet hit the club, Im about to pull the trigger since its such a great deal. They dont have it in S-flex either so thats a little disappointing. I also know JB had said some good things to say about the club around the forums. I don't really have an opportunity to hit any clubs around here so its kind of a educated guess haha. Should I buy it!?!?

Looking for a 21* Adams to replace the 19* that got booted out of my bag after a bit of rearranging the top. Out came the Ping 23* G15 and the Adams 19* SH. Added the SuperFast 5W as it seemed the natural fit after the SF 3W. Its easy to hit and hot like the 3W. Now Im looking for the Super Black in 21*.

So Im thinking of purchasing a 5 wood but current funds are a little low... rockbottomgolf has Nike Dymo FW for $59.99! Although I havent yet hit the club, Im about to pull the trigger since its such a great deal. They dont have it in S-flex either so thats a little disappointing. I also know JB had said some good things to say about the club around the forums. I don't really have an opportunity to hit any clubs around here so its kind of a educated guess haha. Should I buy it!?!?

The Dymo and DYmo2 FWY's are AWESOME clubs. Very, very nice.

I would never recommend buying something without trying it first. Or trying alternatives. Especially with woods where shaft flexes are so different.

Looking for a 21* Adams to replace the 19* that got booted out of my bag after a bit of rearranging the top. Out came the Ping 23* G15 and the Adams 19* SH. Added the SuperFast 5W as it seemed the natural fit after the SF 3W. Its easy to hit and hot like the 3W. Now Im looking for the Super Black in 21*.

What the hell. You really could not wait 3 freaking weeks? What happened to everything is set until the outing?

I am very temped to get the Cleveland BRZ 5 putter.... I have had my Ping for a few years now, but I keep trying out the Cleveland every time I go the pro shop. Just love the way it looks and how it feels...

Cleveland+Classic+BRZ+5+putter.JPG

I would never recommend buying something without trying it first. Or trying alternatives. Especially with woods where shaft flexes are so different.

What the hell. You really could not wait 3 freaking weeks? What happened to everything is set until the outing?

I'll wait till the outing to replace the hybrid but the two Ping G15's were off'ed, no waiting there. The 23* Ping was too close to my 5 iron which is 24* so that made no sense. Add the hooking issue and the decision was made. So now I have the 4 iron in the bag until the outing.

And Im PONDERING the same hybrid but in 21*.

I'll wait till the outing to replace the hybrid but the two Ping G15's were off'ed, no waiting there. The 23* Ping was too close to my 5 iron which is 24* so that made no sense. Add the hooking issue and the decision was made. So now I have the 4 iron in the bag until the outing.

And Im PONDERING the same hybrid but in 21*.

I'm hoping the g15 hybrid will be at the outing. I'd like to hit it. Looking for the right 4 hybrid. I feel my fybrid goes about the same as my 5 iron.

Once again, I'm on the iron hunt.. Hit the Adams CB1/CB2 the other day, preferred the CB1. Also still thinking about the r9s, which I hit very well at the beginning of the year..

Tough call... I'm also inclined to wait to see what Mizuno brings out.

I'm hoping the g15 hybrid will be at the outing. I'd like to hit it. Looking for the right 4 hybrid. I feel my fybrid goes about the same as my 5 iron.

The G15 is a very solid club. Easy to hit and long. I couldnt keep from hooking the darn thing though.

Ugh. 30% off going out of business sale at Golf Galaxy. I haven't been there to confirm but that's a lot off. Haha. Wanted to hit some drivers at the Demo Day. I'm going to get some new grips and maybe some shoes.

It's going to be so hard to not buy. I have been kicking around the idea of getting a used R9/R9 460 so I can demo the shafts at the outing though... Maybe a new one? lol. I know I really like the Superfast/R9 series and Diablo. The shaft is what I have no clue on. Anyway just rambling. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Ugh. 30% off going out of business sale at Golf Galaxy. I haven't been there to confirm but that's a lot off. Haha. Wanted to hit some drivers at the Demo Day. I'm going to get some new grips and maybe some shoes.

It's going to be so hard to not buy. I have been kicking around the idea of getting a used R9/R9 460 so I can demo the shafts at the outing though... Maybe a new one? lol. I know I really like the Superfast/R9 series and Diablo. The shaft is what I have no clue on. Anyway just rambling. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Ummm. We will have a SuperTri for you to check out all the shafts.

Hey JB, while reading through the r9 thread you listed out your top 5 favourite irons at the time..

Care to share an updated list? (And anyone else, for that matter..)

You have a GG going out of business? Looking at tickets right now!

haha I looked at where he was from immediately after reading that as well... I would love a day of 30% off at my local GG.

Yoccs, get ready to take some orders!

Hey JB, while reading through the r9 thread you listed out your top 5 favourite irons at the time..

Care to share an updated list? (And anyone else, for that matter..)

Not of all time. Of that year. I try not to make all time lists. Things change as swings evolve, technology changes, etc... At least I dont think I did.

Not of all time. Of that year. I try not to make all time lists. Things change as swings evolve, technology changes, etc... At least I dont think I did.

You're probably right.. The only thing I remember you saying was "in no particular order".

I googled what GG was going out of biz too....Chandler, AZ. I should tell my sister, she lives in Phoenix. Hope they are still open when I visit in November

Trying to find me a new bag to replace my worn out hand me down from my Dad.
Not sure what direction to go......saw a Bag Boy Revolver Pro at Dick's and really liked it but not sure if it will fit on a push cart or not.
Would like to eventually start walking courses to save money and get much needed exercise so push cart will be my next purchase I guess. Just don't want to get a bag that won't fit!!

Haha. I did'nt tell them that you would be coming yet. They may mark up the prices lol. It's what a co-worker of mine told me, he knows I'm always talking gear. I'm gonna check it out after work. I wanted some new grips/shoes anyway so I'm pretty sure that'll keep me satisfied until after the outing.

You have a GG going out of business? Looking at tickets right now!

Lol. They have a Q'doba next door too. I sense a burrito for dinner. They are a competitor to Chipotle haha.

I'm also thinking of holding out till prices drop even more for the grips/shoes. They don't carry the Nike Anthem's though.
haha I looked at where he was from immediately after reading that as well... I would love a day of 30% off at my local GG.

Yoccs, get ready to take some orders!

Haha. I did'nt tell them that you would be coming yet. They may mark up the prices lol. It's what a co-worker of mine told me, he knows I'm always talking gear. I'm gonna check it out after work. I wanted some new grips/shoes anyway so I'm pretty sure that'll keep me satisfied until after the outing.

You could always snag a glove or two, maybe a few balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back