THP Fall Outing Pairings/Tee Times

That makes the most sense. I'm sure some people within the group will play tips and others the tee box of their choice

Spoiler
see you on the ladies tees

It sounds like each group is gonna do its own thing

Finally back from my fishing trip... I missed THP. Haha. Anyway, I'm game to play whatever the group decides. I'm thinking though whatever tees I play from, I will be hitting some stinkers. That's just a given.

That makes the most sense. I'm sure some people within the group will play tips and others the tee box of their choice

Spoiler
see you on the ladies tees

My second shot will be from the womens tee!

Bama, Degoins, TheDue - I'd like to play the tip or at least the golds for the Champion course if possible. That being said if I am the only one that wants to, I'll go to wherever you guys want to tee from.

This may be a dumb question but would it slow down the pace a ton if you have people teeing from different boxes (i.e. 2 from tips, 2 from blue)? Just wondering because I've never really felt it but not sure what everyone elses thoughts were. If there is someone in my group that wants to play but may feel they would get outvoted, I would hate to see them miss out.

I don't think it slows things down much, Yoccos. Men and ladies play together from different boxes.

This may be a dumb question but would it slow down the pace a ton if you have people teeing from different boxes (i.e. 2 from tips, 2 from blue)? Just wondering because I've never really felt it but not sure what everyone elses thoughts were. If there is someone in my group that wants to play but may feel they would get outvoted, I would hate to see them miss out.

In my exp it doesn't really slow things down a lot, esp if the people playing the same tees are in 1 cart.

edit: but it does cut down on the comradery a bit ;)

I think 2 and 2 would not slow it down, but using 3 or 4 different tee boxes will slow it down alot.

Good point. Do not want that at all! I don't think I'm quite up to par (pun intended) for the tips but it could be fun for a hole or two haha.

In my exp it doesn't really slow things down a lot, esp if the people playing the same tees are in 1 cart.

Good point Hawk I didn't even think of that.

As long as everyone is playing ready golf, it shouldn't be an issue. Playing 'honors' with multiple tees can be time consuming. The only delays, usually, are on courses with holes where tees are so far apart, you have to ride the cart to it.

Now Yoccos1981, honestly I'd be happy playin the blues. I dont hav'ta play the tips to enjoy this shing ding. heck dont hurt me none to play from the ladies, I have no pride. LOL but I'll man up if ya'll want to do the tips. shhh, dont tell others but I'm easy. hehehe

Lol me either/too! haha. I might hit one from the tips just to say I did but I'm just gonna be happy to be there. Once we all get there I'm sure it'll be figured out. Gonna be a fun couple rounds!!!!!!!
Now Yoccos1981, honestly I'd be happy playin the blues. I dont hav'ta play the tips to enjoy this shing ding. heck dont hurt me none to play from the ladies, I have no pride. LOL but I'll man up if ya'll want to do the tips. shhh, dont tell others but I'm easy. hehehe

Lol me either/too! haha. I might hit one from the tips just to say I did but I'm just gonna be happy to be there. Once we all get there I'm sure it'll be figured out. Gonna be a fun couple rounds!!!!!!!

Blues are good for me but I can still hit from the tips (although my second might be from the ladies tees and I just don't have the build to pull off a Henrik Stenson). Whatever we decide I'm sure we'll make the most of it. Adult beverage anyone?

Blues are good for me but I can still hit from the tips (although my second might be from the ladies tees and I just don't have the build to pull off a Henrik Stenson). Whatever we decide I'm sure we'll make the most of it. Adult beverage anyone?

Two please!

Cheeeeaaaah. Haha. Adult beverage sounds awesome right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i think that i'll be playing from wherever my group would like to. i know that on day one, i'm playing with the staticlines and fildini. if they want to play from blues/whites/golds i really don't care. i honestly would prefer playing one up from the tips, around 6700 yards seems like plenty to me.

i think that i'll be playing from wherever my group would like to. i know that on day one, i'm playing with the staticlines and fildini. if they want to play from blues/whites/golds i really don't care. i honestly would prefer playing one up from the tips, around 6700 yards seems like plenty to me.

One up from the tips would be my preference.

But, when you say you'd play where ever your group would like you to play, WEEELLLLLL, your cart plays the tips, ours play the reds, $50 nassau, $10 skins w/carryovers, $5 dots, $2 press bets w/automatic 2-down presses. Loser buys the drinks. Now that we've got that all sorted out, let's play some golf.

But, when you say you'd play where ever your group would like you to play, WEEELLLLLL, your cart plays the tips, ours play the reds, $50 nassau, $10 skins w/carryovers, $5 dots, $2 press bets w/automatic 2-down presses. Loser buys the drinks. Now that we've got that all sorted out, let's play some golf.

bwuahahaha! you're a funny guy. thanks but no thanks. first off, i've never seen fildini hit a ball, and secondly, i have a sneaky suspicion that the staticlines have some game. we'll come up with something though, but i am more than likely not playing from the tips.

haha sounds like a sucker bet to me.

Now that everyone has had a chance to check out, review, and talk about the pairings.....what group or groups look like best on paper in terms of game, fun, banter, etc?

I'm pretty sure he didn't ask, "what group do you think will get lost somewhere between the 10th and 12th hole" did he? hehe, I kid. Kinda...:wink:

Our Saturday group is somewhat ironic. GG put you and I out with JB, who is responsible for introducing us to a drink that ended up wrecking us. For the record, I will not be touching alcohol until after the golf on Saturday. When I do, it will not have espresso vodka in it.

Now that everyone has had a chance to check out, review, and talk about the pairings.....what group or groups look like best on paper in terms of game, fun, banter, etc?

Getting the chance to play with Setho sure sounds like its going to be fun. Get to meet and play with the famous Uncle Daddy on day 1 and One T...who somehow says its a matchup of young vs old...counting me as old and I think I am the youngest in the group!!

Hawk, White Rhino and Bulldog for me on Sunday. Haven't corresponded with Bulldog too much on the forums, but I have with the other 2. Should be a lot of great banter and hopefully great golf.

Jenn is playing in the group behind me on Day 1(depending on the breaks) so it will be interesting to see how she plays....she may try to hit me and my group.

I think KB/Gray vs Mr/Mrs Static should be awesome. Either way, the fans will win!

Back