What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
78 with some easy missed putts

I shot a 93 this week which I'm thrilled about for two reasons. First, I have not played very much this summer. Second, after playing for 20 years I took my first golf lesson recently and had to completely rebuild by swing from scratch. In two week I went from not knowing how to swing a club to at least back where I started. I'm eager to get back to the range now and keep working at it!

I shot an 84 today. I had a play lesson with my coach this week and really struggled. I was swinging too hard and not finishing my swing. I really slowed my swing down today and hit "some" really crisp iron shots but still had trouble pushing some shots with my driver. Just don't want to swing through the ball. Range time in the near future!

I shot an 84 today. I had a play lesson with my coach this week and really struggled. I was swinging too hard and not finishing my swing. I really slowed my swing down today and hit "some" really crisp iron shots but still had trouble pushing some shots with my driver. Just don't want to swing through the ball. Range time in the near future!

great round KellyBo! I have been having the same type of issue with my swing. Swinging too hard and having horrible rythm. Don't you love the feeling of hitting crisp iron shots?

Yes and it only happens when I take a smooth swing and don't try to kill it. Getting that drilled into this thick skull has been hard.

great round KellyBo! I have been having the same type of issue with my swing. Swinging too hard and having horrible rythm. Don't you love the feeling of hitting crisp iron shots?

38 (+2) today.

Had a terrible round with the irons, but my wedges, driver, and putter were great! I had my first chip in of the year too, canning one from about 20 yards for birdie on a par 3 second shot. Plus, I was even par going into the last hole... Boy do I hate that hole!!!!

Shot an 86 today. +8 on the front, +7 on the back, birdie on 16. Driver is in the shop so my 3 wood was my driver for the day. Took me too many holes to get used to hitting the 3 wood off the tee. Irons were good and putting was excellent. Only 1 3 putt today.

Shot 82 today...still pushing driver right on occasion but hit some really good drives too. If my target was to the left, I drilled through the ball well but otherwise pushed to the right off the tee. Gotta figure out what I'm doing. Oh coach........

KB is a golfing fool! Lots of rounds the past couple of weeks! Great shooting KB
Shot 82 today...still pushing driver right on occasion but hit some really good drives too. If my target was to the left, I drilled through the ball well but otherwise pushed to the right off the tee. Gotta figure out what I'm doing. Oh coach........

LOL - Yep, I finally caught the fever for golf this year! I have way too much time on my hands so it keeps me busy. When I retired i wondered what i would do with all this extra time. It didn't take me long to figure it out! Working PT at the golf course gives me the perk of free golf. Might as well take advantage! I'm so lucky.

KB is a golfing fool! Lots of rounds the past couple of weeks! Great shooting KB

I shot 84 today 42 + 42 = 84. Not bad but the five three putts were bad.:banghead:... My ball striking is very promising and I am satisfied with the big change I made. It is coming around just in time for the outing. I did tweak my knee today and was limping really bad on hole 17 . I had my knee sleeve on but heard some crunching, grinding going on where bone meets bone :beat-up:......

shot a 93
could not get off the teebox to save my life today no matter what club i hit
approach shots were an adventure cuz most of the time i was so far away or in big trouble that i was laying up half the time
irons were just plain pure
wedges were hit and miss
putting was okay but i should have had a few more pars... stupid aerated greens

played 9 after work tonight. Shot 38(+2). My short game was very good tonight, putting was also better. This was the first round since I cut the ghost down to 34 inches. Very happy with how I played, can't wait to get out there in the morning for 18, then a tournament on Sunday

played 9 after work tonight. Shot 38(+2). My short game was very good tonight, putting was also better. This was the first round since I cut the ghost down to 34 inches. Very happy with how I played, can't wait to get out there in the morning for 18, then a tournament on Sunday

Good show DD! You got the train going down the right track and good luck this weekend :clapp:

82 today with only three 3- putts so the putting is getting better. I got my chest putter in the mail today so I will be sporting it on my round tomorrow!

82 today with only three 3- putts so the putting is getting better. I got my chest putter in the mail today so I will be sporting it on my round tomorrow!

man, that's when you know you are either getting old or when you start "vj'ing" it!!!!!

Played in a 4-man today and we put up 20 under. Pretty fun to play a round when scoring is like that.

Saturday 8/28 Gordon Lakes Pine / Island 6500 yds
Nice overcast morning 0730 shotgun start - 68 to 82 degrees

1 par 4 4 (Pine View)
2 par 4 5
3 par 5 5
4 par 3 4
5 par 4 5
6 par 3 3
7 par 5 5
8 par 4 3
9 par 4 4

1 par 4 5 (Island View)
2 par 4 4
3 par 4 4
4 par 4 5
5 par 4 4
6 par 3 3
7 par 5 5
8 par 3 4
9 par 5 4

Score 38 Pine / 38 Island - 76 ( +4)

Easy to figure what went wrong on this round. I drove it very well, but the irons were only so-so and I hit just 10 greens and not many close to the pins. The problem was with the near misses - four different times I failed to get up-and-in from the fringe, and that was the four shots I wound up being over par for the day.

5,790 yds Rating- 66.4 Slope- 113

My inconsistent year continues. Since I'm a glutton for punishment I decided to not wait until the Outing to pick up a club like I had intended and ventured out to a short track nearby.

Shot an 89 today with 34 putts (no 3 putts). Only hit 4/14 fairways but wasn't off by much most of the day. Had 7 GIR's with 5 out of my last 6 holes. Driving was a bit off but I took the Miyazaki C Kua shaft out for it's first walk on the course today which took a little getting used to as it's a lighter shaft. I found my hands racing out in front a little which led to a few blocks to the right. But the feel of the shaft is great. Iron play was more consistent and managed my misses better. Wedges were spot on but the Niblick let me down today and cost me a good 4 putts today. Only had 34 putts but never felt completely confident with my stroke today.

horrible 87.....had a great time though

man, that's when you know you are either getting old or when you start "vj'ing" it!!!!!

Bernhard Langer does pretty well with the long stick too. I feel like maybe I can be more consistant with the breast bone putter but time will tell. I just don't practice with the flat stick as much as the other clubs. The putter is probaly the stick we all need to work the most with. TC yep you got it right, getting a little older and need the long stick as a cane :D!!! I do like the looks of that new Rife center shaft putter JB had on here the other day. Man I would love to give that puppy a spin......

Last edited:
Nice comeback, thanks!

29 on the front and 31 on the back, 12 under 60! It was a four man scramble, lol. We won the thing and a few flag prizes to boot.

Played from the men's senior tees today and shot 85 (42,43). That was my first time playing 18 from there so I was happy with that. It gives me a chance to hit different clubs and I really liked the experience. Entered handicap and it gave me a 13.8 so that's close to what my handicap is from red tees. Really enjoyed playing back with the guys and hanging right in there with them. Ol' Gray goes to the senior tees in a few months so I will probably be teeing up with him from then on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back