What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice Kelly!

113 in a howling gale and horizontal rain.

shot a 93 today but overall I played really good until the final three holes with double double triple. My SeeMore really saved my bacon today, only 1 three put and several one puts to save par.

i shot an 85 from the tips!

are the fronts still considered the tips? :lol:

i took a good friends 13yr old daughter along for her first 18... dont worry... my girl was with us also... so we all played the fronts
i thought i was gonna drive every single green... sadly mistaken hahaha
oh and she actually outdrove me on #11... we both hit driver and i duffed mine... she hit a great 4yrd draw pretty as a picture

I'm loving playing in contact lenses again. Since I stopped playing in the bi-focal glasses I got in November, I've found I can still play a little bit. Yeah me.

Today. 6,587 yards, high heat, and strong winds. I had two penalty shots, and three missed putts inside four feet. I hit knockdown irons and controlled the trajectory of my approach shots all day and hit three nice and close. I was taking nice big divots like I used to, and did not hit one shot fat. Well, I was fat when I hit them, but the shots weren't fat. Had four bogeys, one double, and two birdies for a happy little 76.

Man, it felt good to feel like I felt like I knew what I was doing while really feeling it. LOL.

Kevin

I shot videos of my swing... does that count?
I left Andy a copy in the "Ask the Pro" section but thought I would leave them here as well... make all of you feel a little bit better about your own swings.

Driver-Back
Driver-Front

I shot videos of my swing... does that count?
I left Andy a copy in the "Ask the Pro" section but thought I would leave them here as well... make all of you feel a little bit better about your own swings.

Driver-Back
Driver-Front

hey gus put this up in the swing tips section and make your own thread so more people can see it(not trying to tell you what to do, but just so more people can see), Im sure some here will give you good advice and what to do.

Shot 6 under for a 66

played in a scramble tournament this afternoon. It was myself, a buddy, and 2 guys who don't know a difference between a 7 iron and 7 wood. I started off slow for the first few holes, but went off on the back 9. We ended up shooting -9, finished second by 1 shot. We were -6 on the back.

My shot of the day was on short dog leg par 4 with a raised green surrounded by bunkers. Pin was in the back right of the green. If you go long the ball kicks of the back down slope and runs close to OB. With 1 ball on the green I took out my 60 from 70 yards and fired at the pin. It hit 6 feet behind the flag and backed up inside 3 feet. It was perfect.

Great shot and great round. Scrambles can be a blast if your with a fun group!

Shot 106 yesterday, but I wasn't too bummed. I actually shot below my handicap and the course was 6500+, which is pretty long for me. Ballstriking sucked for the first few holes, but I pulled it together after a bit. I three-jacked a sand shot and had some short chipping issues. Also, couldn't get putts to drop. I missed six or seven 10+ foot putts by a couple inches or less. I could have easily shot in the mid 90's. Oh well.

It's so freaking dry around here. I hit a 7i over 170 yards due to some ferocious roll lol. Only bad thing was that I couldn't hold a green for the life of me.

Played yesterday at my nemesis course and shot 94. Felt like I played better then that but it all adds up I guess. I was hitting the driver really well but then missing the GW into the greens. I chipped into the sand one time, hit from way back in the sand to another spot in the sand lol so I guess I just didnt have it. One of these days Im going to tame that course.

Nice round OEM. How was the putting with the new flat stick?
Played yesterday at my nemesis course and shot 94. Felt like I played better then that but it all adds up I guess. I was hitting the driver really well but then missing the GW into the greens. I chipped into the sand one time, hit from way back in the sand to another spot in the sand lol so I guess I just didnt have it. One of these days Im going to tame that course.

Nice round OEM. How was the putting with the new flat stick?

Didnt putt too well, 37 putts with a couple 3 putts. Didnt help myself either with bad spots on the green.

Shot 97 again on my course. Same sad story as last week. Terrible front nine at 51. Back nine was a tale of good and bad. I ended up with a 46, but had two birdies. I very nearly had an eagle, but lipped out a putt. I had a huge drive for about 290 yards, and a fantastic 4h to get on the green in two on a 488 yard par 5. My 16 footer for eagle lipped out, so I had a tap-in bird. Good to get a birdie, but I was kind of disappointed by what could have been my first eagle. I also birdied a nasty little 100 yard par three with a postage stamp sized green surrounded by boulders. That was nice, but with two birds and still ending up with a 46 on the back nine, it tells me I still have a LONG way to go to get the kind of consistency I need to see a real improvement in my scores. I always seem to have one aspect of my game way out of whack while others come together nicely, and I never know what's goign to be working and what's not. Yesterday it was inconsistency off the tee that really killed me and inconsistent putting. I had some really, really good drives, but also some really, really bad ones. Those stupid OB tee shots can wreak havoc on a scorecard. So can 35 putts.

THis weekend I played Pelican Hill in Newport Beach, Ca. It was a fantastic course. They provide a forecaddie and the surroundings are awesome. The homes and the ocean views are just amazing. One home was $65mil with its own private beach. Too rich for my blood(by a long shot) but just a great experience.

I played awesome, which made the experience even better. I shot 74(par 70) 35/39. The greens were SUPER FAST and the caddie helped a ton reading them. I had 2 birdies, 4 bogies and a double. Two of the bogies were 3 putts from lower tiers but that is expected the first time you play a course.

My double was my only horrible drive of the day. I sliced it into the thick fescue rough on a par 5 and tried to punch out about a 100 yards and the ball went 10 ft. I punched out again and had 295 to the hole. Hit an awesome 3w to about 50 yards. Hit my wedge to 10 ft and missed the putt. Oh well.

On the 17th, I missed a 5 ft putt for birdie but regardless the experience was great and I couldn't be happier after not playing for a week.

42 on 9 holes - played senior tees again. Same score on front as yesterday.

Ugh, 91. Not a very good day at all. This is after 1 straight month of nothing but mid 80's. All came from misreads and misfeel on putts and loss of concentration mid swing on my drives on the back 9.

shot a 92 today
the golf gods were against me all round
my cart broke down on #3
the maintenance guys were everywhere
they watered 4 greens while i waited to hit
it was like anything and everything to take me out of rhythm happened
that being said
i had a multiple birdie round
and i got out right before a giant outting and a hs tourney
it only took me 3 hrs to play:clapp:

80. Howling winds today, was +1 going into 7 and then went double, bogey, double. Shot +3 on the back. Nothing too exciting today, just pushing a ton of approach shots, I only hit 5 or 6 greens all day.

That sounds like a good round to me Dent. I had an 81 today, but felt like it should have been much lower. Hit all but one fairway today and chipping/putting was on fire, but my irons where cold as heck.

Shot an 86(par 70) friday with 2 lost balls and 4-3 putts. Yesterday shot 41(par 36) with 2 lost 2-3 putts & drove a 275 green with 3W(that ball landed and ran), 1st time ever. I hit 6 GIR one under regulation. I made 2 birdie putts. I 3 putted the green I drove! What's the point of driving the green if your gonna par it?!?
I always swing better as fall approaches. I want to be able to maintain it through the down months.

That sounds like a good round to me Dent. I had an 81 today, but felt like it should have been much lower. Hit all but one fairway today and chipping/putting was on fire, but my irons where cold as heck.

Our rounds were exactly alike today then due! Nice round.

Played a buddy in match play last night on the front nine, a storm moved in and we didn't have the weather for 18. I was 4 up after 9. I was driving the best I ever have, pulling my irons and couldn't chip for the life of me, luckily my putting hasn't gone in the tank yet. Golf is so crazy, you can play bad one hole, hit an amazing drive and chip and putt for a birdie, then the next hole I'll pull my approach into the woods and take a lost ball, what an addicting game!!!

Shot an extremely inconsistent 85 (41, 44) today. Had 2 birdies, 6 pars, 6 bogeys, 2 doubles and 2 triples. I drove it well for the first few holes but that fell apart on the back so I used my 3 wood to tee off on the final few holes. Putting continues to be terrible for the most part. Had 2 eagle opportunities after getting on in 2 on par 5's and made pars out of both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back