Ive got my list scribbled all over the place....

Man you guys are all up in the stuff. I'm taking the Phil Jackson approach to drafting and being zen with it. Be the pick... especially if a high value pick falls into my lap.

hey I take this real seriously. apparently a little to seriously...

Bad word.

We have a huge storm over us right now and I may not be able to draft because I have no Internet at the moment hopefully it goes away before draft time if not I'm screwed. Bad word. followed by bad word.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bad word.

We have a huge storm over us right now and I may not be able to draft because I have no Internet at the moment hopefully it goes away before draft time if not I'm screwed. Bad word. followed by bad word.

finally there is something the iphone doesnt have an app for...

Bad word.

Not fun, I hope it goes awa as well, but you have plenty of time til 8

I guess I can have my buddy pull up the Internet at his place then have him pick the players I tell him to pick lol idk il figure something out, I hope.

I guess I can have my buddy pull up the Internet at his place then have him pick the players I tell him to pick lol idk il figure something out, I hope.

or drive to his house, hehe

or drive to his house, hehe

Well I can't go anywhere around here because if my Internet is knocked out from the storm so is there's lol Meant my buddy that lives in Abilene (3 hours from here)

Im still so confused on why that is the case? I mean all the players are still being picked. At least up through the first 6-8 rounds. They are still being picked in order and still being picked as teh best overall player. It should not matter if it is teh last pick in the 1st round or 4th pick in the 2nd round should it?

It really should and you cant judge what will happen in a 16 team draft if you mock in a 8 team draft for example. Yes the players will go but needs are different and value of picks differs as well.

It really should and you cant judge what will happen in a 16 team draft if you mock in a 8 team draft for example. Yes the players will go but needs are different and value of picks differs as well.

How? You still need to fill your roster and the players still get picked in the same order. How is a value of pick different if a guy goes 65th in the 7th round or 65th in the 5th round?

All the players still get drafted and you still have teams selecting players in order. The same 32 players will be the 1st 32 players selected if their is 10 teams or 16 teams. Same through 5 rounds, etc...

bstonerjk just called to tell me that the landscapers knocked out his entire internet today throughout his neighborhood. THey are working on it now evidently. Hopefully he is back in time. He is trying hard.

Sweet, i have internet back. Hopefully it stays away and I can draft!

good luck. If you want...I will log in as you and pick your team for you...I promise it won't be TOO bad...

If he wants to give me his phone number, I can log in on my own profile and choose his picks for him through the phone. Then again, its no different then him talking on the phone with anyone else.

How? You still need to fill your roster and the players still get picked in the same order. How is a value of pick different if a guy goes 65th in the 7th round or 65th in the 5th round?

All the players still get drafted and you still have teams selecting players in order. The same 32 players will be the 1st 32 players selected if their is 10 teams or 16 teams. Same through 5 rounds, etc...

yes you still need your rosters filled out but lets say you have the 5th pick in both leagues, 8 team and 16 team. there is a different picking strategy for each league. in both you might get the same guy for the first round but the guy you drafted 2nd in the 8 team is no longer available in the 16 and so on. Mock drafts are not always a good way to judge or prepare for the draft cause they more often than not miss the human element.

If he wants to give me his phone number, I can log in on my own profile and choose his picks for him through the phone. Then again, its no different then him talking on the phone with anyone else.

Canadians know football?

had to say it lol

Idk some people have key players and they don't care about that players exact rank/projections. even in 2 different 12 player drafts one player is picked 8th in one draft and 27th in another...so order is...FUN

yes you still need your rosters filled out but lets say you have the 5th pick in both leagues, 8 team and 16 team. there is a different picking strategy for each league. in both you might get the same guy for the first round but the guy you drafted 2nd in the 8 team is no longer available in the 16 and so on. Mock drafts are not always a good way to judge or prepare for the draft cause they more often than not miss the human element.

I dont use mock drafts myself.

But I still disagree entirely on the other. The goal of a mock draft real or fantasy (as so it has always been) is to see what players go where. That does not change regardless the number of teams. But as I said before, different strokes for different folks.

But I still disagree entirely on the other. The goal of a mock draft real or fantasy (as so it has always been) is to see what players go where. That does not change regardless the number of teams. But as I said before, different strokes for different folks.

Its ok JB, not that big of a deal anyways. Good luck to you and everyone else tonight in both leagues.

The only difference that happens between 8 and 12 and 16 team leagues is when people reach for certain positions. In an 8 team set up- you could already have 2 good running backs and, although there is a steal at RB still on the board, you take a QB or a WR because that is a position of need. There is a larger tendency to reach and to NOT take the best player available.

Shonn Greene

Back