Tiger Woods To Build Mega Mansion

I'm sure there'll be at least one rumpus room.

so it comes to about $900,000 a month :shock: hey if ya got, flaunt it

I wonder if the ladies are getting there own theme park somewhere on the compound

fixed it for ya

I wouldn't necessarily assume it's a $54 million house. He's borrowing $54 million. God knows how much of his own money he's putting into it too.

good point. I find it hard to believe he doesnt have $54 mil in the bank even after the divorce...but to build a house for anywhere even near that is just ridiculous. I would rather buy my own island somewhere...

good point. I find it hard to believe he doesnt have $54 mil in the bank even after the divorce...but to build a house for anywhere even near that is just ridiculous. I would rather buy my own island somewhere...

I hate writing a $54 check much less a $54 million dollar check. I would prob fill it out wrong anyway haha

I hate writing a $54 check much less a $54 million dollar check. I would prob fill it out wrong anyway haha

haha...me too. I always wondered how someone with that much money accesses it. Could you imagine tapping the mac machine and seeing the balance on the slip with all those zeros?

haha...me too. I always wondered how someone with that much money accesses it. Could you imagine tapping the mac machine and seeing the balance on the slip with all those zeros?

Most would never keep more than the FDIC recoverable limit in the bank which I believe (going off memory) is still only 250k.

Nope! I cant imagine that at all! hahaha

Most would never keep more than the FDIC recoverable limit in the bank which I believe (going off memory) is still only 250k.

dont lie, you have to access at least 20 different banks for your finances...hehe ...I kid!

dont lie, you have to access at least 20 different banks for your finances...hehe ...I kid!

If you mean access like I can drive to them then sure. hehe

If you mean access like I can drive to them then sure. hehe

hahaha, how many does GG know about? I kid....again!

yeah I know that...which is really what made me wonder how someone worth 100's of millions of dollars accesses their funds. Guess they just keep the FDIC maximum in their savings & checking account for daily costs...and have the black amex for those big purchases

yeah I know that...which is really what made me wonder how someone worth 100's of millions of dollars accesses their funds. Guess they just keep the FDIC maximum in their savings & checking account for daily costs...and have the black amex for those big purchases

I saw it a lot with the NFL. Many do not have access to it, which is a good thing.

I saw it a lot with the NFL. Many do not have access to it, which is a good thing.

yeah that makes a lot of sense especially for some of those guys.

back on topic...with Elin reportedly receiving "only" $100 million in the divorce why would Tiger really need to take out a mortgage?

back on topic...with Elin reportedly receiving "only" $100 million in the divorce why would Tiger really need to take out a mortgage?

In many ways, its cost analysis. The mortgage rates are incredibly low right now. He is probably earning more in interest on his investments (very few are, but some still are). It makes more sense to pay a loan with lower interest than you are earning.

And lets not forget, just because someone has earned hundreds of millions. Does not mean they still have hundreds of millions.

In many ways, its cost analysis. The mortgage rates are incredibly low right now. He is probably earning more in interest on his investments (very few are, but some still are). It makes more sense to pay a loan with lower interest than you are earning.

And lets not forget, just because someone has earned hundreds of millions. Does not mean they still have hundreds of millions.

that makes sense. being a poor person I am unable to comprehend how the wealthy go about life, lol.

Exhibit A- MC Hammer

He could also use the interest on the mortgage to offset taxes. I'm sure he's part of that 1% "astronomical" tax bracket i.e. the filthy rich.

I wonder if he went through Lending Tree? If you close a loan with them you get up to $750 worth of Taylormade golf equipment or apparel lol
He could also use the interest on the mortgage to offset taxes. I'm sure he's part of that 1% "astronomical" tax bracket i.e. the filthy rich.

I'm not a financial guru or a mathematician but I was always told its better to take out a mortgage on any house even if you can afford to pay cash for it for the tax benefits you receive.

I wonder if he went through Lending Tree? If you close a loan with them you get up to $750 worth of Taylormade golf equipment or apparel lol

LOL...

I wonder what the maids and next nanny will look like...

Seriously, good for him.

Back