Tiger Woods To Build Mega Mansion

I also read he may be buying a condo/apt in Manhattan.

That one was already said to have been false by both his people, the realtors, and everybody else. But then again, you never know.

isn't one of his girlies (Rachel Uchitel?) in NYC?

If I was in Tigers tax bracket I would have a condo in every major city...

on a serious note, if any of us had his kind of money wouldn't we build a mega mansion just the way we wanted...i know why he is building it now, to avoid this
"honey i want a 60'' flat screen."
"No, thats ridiculous plus it looks bad lets buy this (insert furniture item here), it looks better"
now he gets to do whatever the hell he wants, sounds like the building of the worlds greatest man cave

I think there's something else going on besides simple money management. The payments are being made to a Virginia corporation and the registered agent of that corporation is one of Elin's divorce attorneys. http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=5524202

Seems unlikely that he'd be borrowing money from his ex-wife's divorce attorneys. More likely some kind of money transfer from him to her through them? I don't know I haven't had my coffee yet so I can't figure out the logistics of how/why that would work.

Also, people with this kind of money don't bank at Topeka Savings Bank or ABC Credit Union and they don't worry about FDIC limits. They use private banks we've never heard of (and unfortunately couldn't get in the front door of if we tried) with internal money management departments. These money managers keep the money "working" all the time and handle all the cash shuffling needed so it's always where it needs to be. Between them and his accountants, Tiger hasn't written a check, paid a bill, withdrawn cash etc. since he turned pro.

Also, people with this kind of money don't bank at Topeka Savings Bank or ABC Credit Union and they don't worry about FDIC limits. They use private banks we've never heard of (and unfortunately couldn't get in the front door of if we tried) with internal money management departments. These money managers keep the money "working" all the time and handle all the cash shuffling needed so it's always where it needs to be. Between them and his accountants, Tiger hasn't written a check, paid a bill, withdrawn cash etc. since he turned pro.

That is not always the case or was not always the case with the athletes I have worked with over the years. While money management systems were in place, almost all of them still used traditional finance systems as well.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

That is not always the case or was not always the case with the athletes I have worked with over the years. While money management systems were in place, almost all of them still used traditional finance systems as well.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I agree with this since I have seen my fair share of "athletes" strolling through my branch and other branches. I can tell you that they use traditional B&M branches but a lot of times that bank will have a "white glove" on the super mega athletes like Tiger but the lower tiered athlete uses the same ATM you and I use.

Back