New Taylormade Product Launch

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Taylormade Golf will use a live webcast to launch a brand new product. In my opinion a very cool idea and something that we hope others move towards doing.

This is a press release

TaylorMade Golf Company, the industry leader in product innovation, and company President & CEO Mark King will introduce a new product via worldwide webcast on Thursday, September 9 at 12 p.m. Pacific time.

This introduction format promises to deliver a unique and memorable experience for consumers; it enables their participation in a universal curtain-pull on a remarkable new TaylorMade product like never before. The passion and inspiration associated with an initial product launch has long been held in reserve for the company’s sales force. This fall, a global online audience will share in the anticipation and excitement.

“We think what we show will instantly become the most sought-after product in the marketplace,” said Bob Maggiore, Vice President of Brand and Marketing.

Watching the webcast is easy, simply log onto www.taylormadegolf.com on September 9 and load the interactive video presentation, which is scheduled to last approximately 10 minutes. Following the launch, the video footage will remain available on TaylorMade Golf’s global website for additional viewing.

Sweet! cant wait to see what it might be! New forged irons maybe? New driver? The new Ghost line of irons?

A great idea for a product launch, I won't be able to make it but I will be anxiously awaiting the news that night.

wow! what a superb idea from TM, nothing like utilizing today's technology to launch a new line.

What an awesome marketing idea! props to TM!

*cue the Pointer Sisters* I'm so excited!!!

Wonder what it is and more importantly do we get to play with it during the outing?

Pretty cool attempt at something new. I'm interested to see how it works out.

very interesting...

Burner 2.0's?

Didn't ping do this last month? Seems to be a new trend.

Probably gonna be about their new Forged Irons coming out soon.
Thats soooo boring. I'ld like to see Taylormade announce something like this:

Taylormade to switch to military weapon company

After being the clear leaders in sending projectiles long and straight, the TaylorMade company has decided to switch to creating military weapons.

Picture something like that Nike Commercial with AK and (justin Lenoard?) The one with the run away golf cart. A military general standing over a battlefield "1 degree open, 3...2...1.. Launch" Kaboom

How many are going to tune in?

I want too. Just gotta hope I remember!

I would love to but i will be at work.

I will for sure.

*raises hand*

i want to tune in but i don't have a sound card in my cpu at work....may have to be tardy that day.

I'll be there if not called out.

I won't be watching. I'm sure whatever they are offering will be beautiful and all, but frankly I don't think there is much more that can be done with equipment other than cosmetics. It's all about the marketing now.

I will def tune in

I am excited and definitely intrigued by whatever product they are announcing. But it is sort of like dialing into a corporation's conference line to hear their latest corporate earnings' call. Unless I am planning on buying/selling the corporation's shares immediately, it doesn't matter whether I hear the announcement live or read it on WSJ.com an hour later. Likewise, unless I am planning on buying golf products immediately, I don't think I will tune in to hear/watch it live.

With that said, I completely understand that certain companies -- like Apple -- and their fans hold substantial live product launches. I see the potential value in that from a marketing perspective. Although I do not think that such a maneuver will garner as much "excitement" in the golf industry as in the tech sector, I do think that it could be a successful hype/viral marketing technique. I will look forward to reading about it on golf publications.

Back