And nobody would have ever known.

my initial thoughts were that he was getting back there just to get rid of it. Maybe he was meeting his friend there or whatever. no one knows.

I dont think that was his actual intentions though

@bridges latest post

Last edited:
If you read the comments on the blog- the kid usually played 13 clubs, and very recently added a wedge. The 5wood may not have hidden in the bag but he could have forgotten he added the wedge until his coach reminded him.

If I am in the tournament and I am used to carrying 13 clubs... even if I see my buddies 5 wood I am not worried because I only carry 13.

Gotta give that kid respect for owning up, would have had to take alot of b***s to do something like that. Respect.

Idk what else to say man. I just think its wrong for you to say someone is getting to much credit for doing something right, and basically saying that story is a load of crap and its not really what happened.

What is he trying to get away with? He never used the club, he never tried to hide the club from someone. If he was trying to play with 15 clubs we both know damn well he ditches that thing the first chance he gets, not keep it in his bag after the round is over, after he is awarded his trophy, after everyone congratulates him, then he sure as hell would not leave it in the bag when he is showing his golf pro. I think its ridiculous that you think he tried to play with 15 clubs then sneak it back to the club house or sneak it to his friend when we both know he would take that thing out as fast as the round was over.

I never said he tried to play with 15 clubs? I think it was an accident that it was in his bag, and when he noticed, it wouldve been an 8-stroke penalty so he decided to try and ride it out. I could very well be wrong, and I never once claimed to know the full story. Just what I think. I never said I thought his intentions were to get it back to the club, it was just a first impression when I read it. I dont REALLY think thats what happened.

There is no debate to whether the kid did the right thing or not. Of course he did the right thing.

What if he didnt get caught? Or noticed it himself? Would it have ended the same way? No one really knows.

Idk what else to say man. I just think its wrong for you to say someone is getting to much credit for doing something right, and basically saying that story is a load of crap and its not really what happened.

What is he trying to get away with? He never used the club, he never tried to hide the club from someone. If he was trying to play with 15 clubs we both know damn well he ditches that thing the first chance he gets, not keep it in his bag after the round is over, after he is awarded his trophy, after everyone congratulates him, then he sure as hell would not leave it in the bag when he is showing his golf pro. I think its ridiculous that you think he tried to play with 15 clubs then sneak it back to the club house or sneak it to his friend when we both know he would take that thing out as fast as the round was over.

my initial thoughts were that he was getting back there just to get rid of it. Maybe he was meeting his friend there or whatever. no one knows.

Honestly, if that was your first thought after reading that story, I feel a little sorry for you.

Kevin

I never said he tried to play with 15 clubs? I think it was an accident that it was in his bag, and when he noticed, it wouldve been an 8-stroke penalty so he decided to try and ride it out. I could very well be wrong, and I never once claimed to know the full story. Just what I think. I never said I thought his intentions were to get it back to the club, it was just a first impression when I read it. I dont REALLY think thats what happened.

There is no debate to whether the kid did the right thing or not. Of course he did the right thing.

What if he didnt get caught? Or noticed it himself? Would it have ended the same way? No one really knows.

You say one thing in one comment then another in the next comment.

Ok. Enough of this mess.

Ok. Enough of this mess.

Done.

My final opinion on the matter: "Would it have been different if his coach didnt notice? No one will ever know except for the kid. But good job for doing the right thing afterwards."

Thats a really unnecessary comment, no?

You're right. I apologize. It was the first thought I had after reading your posts.

Kevin

Even if the kid knew, and I"m not saying he did know, I don't feel its right to blame him anyways. Nobody is perfect, and here in America we tend to blame people and hold them up to a perfect standard that nobody can attain. Maybe he did realize the mistake and was too afraid to turn himself in. What I find more important is that he learned his lesson. It doesn't matter if he knew or not, he did break the rules, and now he's learned a lesson in honesty.

Done.

My final opinion on the matter: "Would it have been different if his coach didnt notice? No one will ever know except for the kid. But good job for doing the right thing afterwards."

What part of enough didn't you understand? You say done and then you keep on like JB didn't say anything.

Anything else?

good story

Props to the kid. He did the right thing and that is what matters.

Good life lesson for the kid. He'll benefit from doing the right thing. Excellent karma points.

It is my understanding the lad wanted to get back to his club to see the pro and tell the pro that he had won. That is when he discovered the 15th club and immediately called the appropriate authorities to DQ himself.

If the kid wanted to "lie", it would have been pretty simple for the kid to say "Oh, that's just a 5wd I wanted to try out next week, I'll hit both and finally decided on playing (whichever one) and will be getting rid of the other". Pro most likely wouldn't have given it a second thought.

With all the rules discussions going on lately, I thought I'd bring this one back for an encore since we have a lot of new people who may not have seen this thread.

I remember this story. That kid is awesome. What will be with you in 20 years, winning a junior golf tournament or doing the right thing?

Back