What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played a TM Penta last night and hadn't played one for a while, what a nice ball, I've got to find a good deal on a dozen.

Not sure if you are willing to go the used route, but I bought a dozen pentas from knet (grade A) and they were all like brand new for 25.99 a dozen.

Played a B330-RX. So far, so good. I am really enjoying the feel off of the driver.

How would you compare it to the Z Star or ZStar X? Do you notice its any straighter off the tee?
Played a B330-RX. So far, so good. I am really enjoying the feel off of the driver.

How would you compare it to the Z Star or ZStar X? Do you notice its any straighter off the tee?

Well, my swing has been evolving over the last few months and so I am not as consistant as I would like to be to give this feedback, but I will give you my opinion for what it is worth.

ZStar - I felt that I was making a pancake out of these things with the driver, but I was swinging a little harder when I was playing these. Seemed to have more driver spin than the ZStarX. Green spin is fantastic as well as iron spin.

ZStarX - Higher compression and felt much more firm than the ZStar off the driver. Seemed to have less driver spin for me and good iron and green spin.

B330-RX - I can feel the ball compress off the driver, but doesn't feel like a pancake like the ZStars did, but then again, I am swinging with less force than I did when I tried the ZStar. The driver spin is relatively low and the iron spin and greenside spin seems to be just a little less than the ZStarX.

as of right now, I am leaning toward sticking with the ZStarX because it just feels better for me and just seem to play better when I am gaming one. All these balls are very different than the other. I got a ball fitting done at the PGA Tour Superstore and they reccommended a higher compression ball for me

I played the Srixon Z-star yellow ball yesterday and loved it. I hit some of my best drives ever. My ball flight was lower than it has been and I got much better distance. It was nice to know which ball was mine amongst all the white ones. I would love to keep playing this ball but I don't know that I will because of the price. We did get them at a reduced rate at work and I can get them for cost but they are still an expensive ball to play all the time. I usually play the Srixon ladies ball because I can get them at a really good price where I work.

Bought a sleeve of Penta and found them to be really spinny. Not really sure I'm a massive fan, especially when I'm playing regularly with Pro V1x. But I do like the way the Penta stops on the greens

Thank you Seth for the feedback. I still havent busted into my RX's yet but Ill be on the loomout for those differences when I get a chance to compare. I need to do another ball fitting soon!!!!

KB those Yellow balls sure are easy to spot. It may be in my head but the non white balls are easier for me to hit and for some reason they feel different. Cannot wait to test the Chromax's!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really liked the Penta's. The Prov1x's are good balls too. I noticed when I hit the x's I got a really good amount of spin. Good stuff!!!
Bought a sleeve of Penta and found them to be really spinny. Not really sure I'm a massive fan, especially when I'm playing regularly with Pro V1x. But I do like the way the Penta stops on the greens

I hax a chance to play the Wilson Zips and I enjoyed them. Lost all 3 of my sleeve haha. Wind caught two of them and pulled them into the water and the other was my fault. I thought they were very soft off the irons. Almost Z star soft. The putter they felt odd but itll just take time getting used to the roll. Very soft. Cant wait to give another go Sunday!

I was finally able to grab a dozen B-330 RXS... I enjoyed these guys very much... was able to hit the drives well and farther than my normal drives... we were playing twilight so on the front nine (we started on back nine), I scored Par 5 of six holes... it was getting dark so we decided to skip a few holes but ended up not finishing the last hole anyway... anyway, I used the B-330 RXS on the back 9 and Yellow Z Stars on the front 9... both are awesome balls, IMHO...

Started the round with the Callaway Tour ix then lost it. Switched to the Bstone RX which was recommended to me from a ball fitting. My impressions were that the RX was much straighter off the driver for me. I seemed to generate much less side spin and carry was about 5 yards longer on average.

Bought a sleeve of the Btone RX and played them this weekend. I really liked them. I had no problem stopping the ball quickly and they felt really good off of the tee.

I went through bridgestone ball fitting yesterday- I am having a lot of problems with a high launch angle and they put me into either the b330s (ss 108-109) or the e7. The e7 lowered my launch angle almost 3 degrees and dropped my spin netting me 6 yards extra carry + a fair bit of roll do to lower launch and less backspin.

I played a round yesterday with them on really fast fairways and really fast greens. I hit a lot of really bad swings (damn driver... still!) but when I hit it well I got an extra 15-18 yards off the tee.

That said, I really really missed the spin around the green. I couldn't keep anything on the green and I got absolutely no check on anything less than a full swing. So my distance is coming at a price. The bought a dozen to take to florida but my goal now is to find a shaft that lowers the launch and spin enough that I can get this same distance out of my premium ball and can keep the feel around the green. I never realized how much I had gotten "used to" the green side feel of a zstar.

Callaway HX Hot Bite

Noodle Plus. Around the green and putting with these is a joy. Really nice soft feel, does exactly what I want if I hit it right. Off the tee I was a little wayward with them. Still prefer the e6s but the Noodles are so cheap they're difficult to ignore.

PS Amazing avatar :rofl:

I figured that seeing as he's so popular here you'd all like to see him every time I post.

The look on his face is priceless...lemme know when you get tired of it cause I'm gonna jack it. I can't stop laughing.

I played at The Pines in Tucson, AZ. I figured out why some people call it the pitt lol. I lost 11 balls!!! On one hand though I got to try a bunch of good balls. Here is the breakdown:

3 Nike PD Softs: Good ball for me. Easy off the driver and feel pretty good off the irons.

2 ProV1's: Great balls. Lose a bit off the tee but I really like them around the green and off my putter.

2 ZStars: X and Reg ZStar. Love these balls. Not much to say other than great off the tee and really good around the greens

3 Wilson Staff Zips: Man I think these are really awesome balls. Hit my longest drive I've ever hit (GPS Confirmed) and the feel off the irons is sick. They stick on approach shots like other premium balls and for $9.99 a dozen I couldnt believe the performance I was getting. They didn't spin back as much as other balls but for my game right now that could be a good thing. Putter is still a little rough for me. Very soft and doesnt feel like youre hitting anything. They do good around the greens but still a little light on the weight. Only reason Im writing more on these is most have given their thoughts on the others.

1 Wilson Staff Tx4: The only reason I lost one is because I put these balls away after trying initially. I loved them. Great off the driver and they produced a long straight drive. The irons these felt really soft and had a ton of spin. A TON of spin. The felt substantial off the putter which I like and they are easy around the green. Basically to me a more substantial zip and Im going to hold onto these. I don't see them offered much anywhere and I got a dozen for $5. Im gonna wait till my game is where im not gonna lose a bunch.

I normally wouldnt lose 11 balls but if youre out of the fairway on the course I just played you're basically out of bounds and the ball is gone. Very tough but I had a blast.

Sounds like a great time yoccos. I played in a scramble yesterday and used Penta's. I lost one ball with a snaphook on a drive, but other than that it was a great day. Playing in a 25 mph wind to rock hard greens all day and those Penta balls are still spin monsters. Just wish they were durable like the B330 RXS.

i played my first full round at my new home course.

i started with a Callaway ix....swtitched to a ProV1x....and then ended with a Callaway iz.

i am still loving the ix. i need to find a stash of them. but i will say the iz is growing on me. i hit some really great shots with it.....but i attribute that to my swing grooving out toward the end of my round.

I went out on a limb and played the Bstone B330's again haha. I was mad that I lost two, one in a pond because I decided to look up at my amazing shot onto the green and topped it into the water and another on a snap hook into the woods.

I agree on the Pentas, such a great ball but damn do they tear up quick. If you use an aggressive wedge theyre done.

I wanna say Sports Authority for finding the ix. I haven't been to one if a few months but they were starting to drop in price a lot.
i played my first full round at my new home course.

i started with a Callaway ix....swtitched to a ProV1x....and then ended with a Callaway iz.

i am still loving the ix. i need to find a stash of them. but i will say the iz is growing on me. i hit some really great shots with it.....but i attribute that to my swing grooving out toward the end of my round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back