Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i knew there was a conspiracy theory in there somewhere... i just couldnt place it lmao

I have this long winded rant about Verizon Wireless that is not only quite entertaining, but nearly comical, but I already told it to them today and their response...

"Your under contract, enjoy that" (paraphrasing obviously)

My response to them...."When I switch, I am coming back to this store, taking my pants off, running around this store naked and telling all the customers in the store that what you are witnessing right now, is still going to be better customer service than you will get with Verizon".

I have this long winded rant about Verizon Wireless that is not only quite entertaining, but nearly comical, but I already told it to them today and their response...

"Your under contract, enjoy that" (paraphrasing obviously)

My response to them...."When I switch, I am coming back to this store, taking my pants off, running around this store naked and telling all the customers in the store that what you are witnessing right now, is still going to be better customer service than you will get with Verizon".

lmao! :laughing:

Dude,
I am so serious at this point. I have no coverage, a phone that does not work (3rd phone now) and we are paying higher for our service than any other company. I went in and asked them for 1 of 3 things.

1. Let us out of our contract (nope, $540)
2. Get me a phone that works (nope, full retail)
3. Get us service that works (do not guarantee service in homes or within 500 feet of home...But you can buy an antenna for $250 that might work, even though other carriers give it to you free if you dont have service)

Just let us out. Or they are going to hear from me every single day for the next 10 months.

Dude,
I am so serious at this point. I have no coverage, a phone that does not work (3rd phone now) and we are paying higher for our service than any other company. I went in and asked them for 1 of 3 things.

3. Get us service that works (do not guarantee service in homes or within 500 feet of home...But you can buy an antenna for $250 that might work, even though other carriers give it to you free if you dont have service)

Just let us out. Or they are going to hear from me every single day for the next 10 months.

Yikes, sounds like the retail customer service from hell story. Give 'em hell!

Dude,

Wow that just sucks. Funny for having the "network" my service was terrible with Verizon. My experience is they wont budge once they got you locked in and past the initial 30 days. But I have heard of people calling every day until they get the right person. Good luck.

Yikes, sounds like the retail customer service from hell story. Give 'em hell!

This has been going on for months. I have decided to take a grass roots approach to it and just do what I do best. b*tch about it and still get nothing accomplished. But I still love having a phone that does not work, service that does not work, and a company that says that does not matter to us, because you are stuck.

This has been going on for months. I have decided to take a grass roots approach to it and just do what I do best. b*tch about it and still get nothing accomplished. But I still love having a phone that does not work, service that does not work, and a company that says that does not matter to us, because you are stuck.

Have you tried talking to their customer retention department? I know most companies that have contractual services have some sort of retention department. I don't know how long you've been a customer of theirs but it's worth a shot. If anything they are better trained at seeing the other side of the story better since they are trained to kiss the customer's (especially the long and well paying ones) a$$. I know when I have issues with DirecTV I go straight to them and they pretty much have handled all my issues (and mine were pretty complicated).

Have you tried talking to their customer retention department? I know most companies that have contractual services have some sort of retention department. I don't know how long you've been a customer of theirs but it's worth a shot. If anything they are better trained at seeing the other side of the story better since they are trained to kiss the customer's (especially the long and well paying ones) a$$. I know when I have issues with DirecTV I go straight to them and they pretty much have handled all my issues (and mine were pretty complicated).

We have always dealt with retention and now have been informed by about 16 different people that VZW does not have that anymore. They have supervisors, managers, etc...But no retentions. The amazing part to me is that they sold us phones that had known problems and then swapped us out of them for 2 other phones (at our cost). Then 1 of the 2 new phones did not work and I had to go back to the old phone. Which is now rendered completely worthless. We also have NO service in our home. And while we get that, every other company offered to give us the antenna to get service. VZW wants you to pay $250 for it because they dont guarantee anything.

I dont hold grudges really, and rarely use things (like what we do) for personal reasons, but with what we have gone through and today being as bad as it was, that may change.

Damn Verizon!
I cannot wait until Christmas when my contract is up and I make the long overdue jump to AT&T and the (hopefully white) iPhone 4!!!

We have always dealt with retention and now have been informed by about 16 different people that VZW does not have that anymore. They have supervisors, managers, etc...But no retentions. The amazing part to me is that they sold us phones that had known problems and then swapped us out of them for 2 other phones (at our cost). Then 1 of the 2 new phones did not work and I had to go back to the old phone. Which is now rendered completely worthless. We also have NO service in our home. And while we get that, every other company offered to give us the antenna to get service. VZW wants you to pay $250 for it because they dont guarantee anything.

I dont hold grudges really, and rarely use things (like what we do) for personal reasons, but with what we have gone through and today being as bad as it was, that may change.

I did notice that the service in casa de THP was non-existent unless you went outside in your backyard (and I have AT&T). I'm surprised that the other carriers are offering a free repeater. I didn't even know that it was possible. VZW should follow suit but I guess that's their customer service talking. At this point they're treating you as a number and when that happens I cut bait and run.

Damn Verizon!
I cannot wait until Christmas when my contract is up and I make the long overdue jump to AT&T and the (hopefully white) iPhone 4!!!

It's not that much greener. Fortunately I haven't had issues but I have heard horror stories from them as well. Last I remember the best service I ever have received from a telecom was the old Sprint. They always took care of me but I had to ditch them when we moved here to Orlando since they didn't have service here at my house.

It's not that much greener. Fortunately I haven't had issues but I have heard horror stories from them as well. Last I remember the best service I ever have received from a telecom was the old Sprint. They always took care of me but I had to ditch them when we moved here to Orlando since they didn't have service here at my house.
Actually, service isn't a problem at all for me, (I've heard AT&T gets very good service in my area as well) I'm just sick of the phone and the plan.
I'm on a family plan with no data package, and at this point we can switch to AT&T with the same exact plan + their middle-of-the-road data package for the same exact price.
There's basically no reason for me not to make the jump, especially since I'm a big apple fan.

I did notice that the service in casa de THP was non-existent unless you went outside in your backyard (and I have AT&T). I'm surprised that the other carriers are offering a free repeater. I didn't even know that it was possible. VZW should follow suit but I guess that's their customer service talking. At this point they're treating you as a number and when that happens I cut bait and run.

You are right there, but it is about level of service (CS that is). And we have had them all and VZW and AT&T are clearly the worst for us. They also are the most expensive plans out there for what we use.

I had to go out back at JB's house too (T-Mobile here). But I can almost always get service where I am, I may have to work a little to do it but usually. I've been with T-Mobile (first it was Aerial and then VoiceStream) since 1999 and their coverage has only gotten better over the years. For me anyway. I know there are places where it's next to impossible to get a T-Mobile signal anywhere, but that's true of ALL the wireless carriers. Unfortunately for JB that happens to be at his house, where he needs it the most. Bummer.

I'm guessing you were checking reception at all the homes you looked at this weekend? How was it there?

I had to go out back at JB's house too (T-Mobile here). But I can almost always get service where I am, I may have to work a little to do it but usually. I've been with T-Mobile (first it was Aerial and then VoiceStream) since 1999 and their coverage has only gotten better over the years. For me anyway. I know there are places where it's next to impossible to get a T-Mobile signal anywhere, but that's true of ALL the wireless carriers. Unfortunately for JB that happens to be at his house, where he needs it the most. Bummer.

I'm guessing you were checking reception at all the homes you looked at this weekend? How was it there?

We have spoken to friends in area we are looking to move and most carriers work well there. But not all have even decent customer service.

Working on a holiday. Three cars in the parking lot. Lame.

jb you should call every day and complain
make sure theyre recording the convo
then at the very end say " well can you hear me now? cuz apparently you guys arent listening"
lol

And then ask where the hell the network is now cuz my damn phone doesnt work!!

Working on a holiday. Three cars in the parking lot. Lame.

Same here... only difference is I'm not getting paid for my time. I gotta finish up and organize all my field work today so I can head back towards IN tomorrow.

Pulling weeds. It sucks.

Amen to that. I HATE pulling weed, it seems like a never ending job. You pull them, it rains, and then they are back the next day.

I've been trying to keep up with it, but I need a new weed wacker (I just need to upgrade from the one I have - cordless but with the battery that runs full speed til it dies instead of running slower as it dies). It's easier if you keep up with the growth, I just yank it out along the driveway and around the flower beds where it creeps over. And of course along the fencelines - at a few points, on both sides of the fence! But now my fingers hurt!

Amen to that. I HATE pulling weed, it seems like a never ending job. You pull them, it rains, and then they are back the next day.

+1... I'd rather smoke it.

We've had our lawn up for only about 6 weeks now and it's a freaking constant battle to keep them away. Never had a lawn before and so far grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......

jb you should call every day and complain
make sure theyre recording the convo
then at the very end say " well can you hear me now? cuz apparently you guys arent listening"
lol

And then ask where the hell the network is now cuz my damn phone doesnt work!!

THey will be getting a call every day. In some cases twice a day.

My favorite part is them asking me to do something with the phone and me saying, "sorry I cannot do that. Your phone is junk and the trackball does not work. Its a known problem, try googling it and seeing how many had issues and that it was a fixed error by replacing...But you will not do that unless I re-sign with you for 2 more years and you still want me to pay for the phone....Just wait till I appear with no pants on in your store and tell the customers about your charges are so high, I could not afford pants".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back