Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to get in the middle of the argument... but this is pretty strong wording.

Was it incorrect? He sat there straight faced and picked them to win the NC, they didn't even make it to bowl eligible. heh

After watching all those teams this weekend, VT seems to be the most complete and played a great Boise team with 20 returning starters down to the wire and they are predicted by many to win the conference. FSU will self destruct and Carolina's troubles are just beginning, they may be the first school since SMU to get the Death Penalty and with that many players cheating and taking money they deserve it, Miami is strong on offense but their coach is suspect so that is why I feel VT is the best the ACC has to offer this year. Plus Frank Beamer's neck is mighty intimidating.

Should be a good showdown for the ACC this year!

It was/is an example of you not liking someone... You asked for an example. I can't say if he makes you mad or if you think he is stupid. You do think he is ridiculous which I would treat as a place holder for stupid. But, I have no vested interest in this argument and this is where my commentary ends.

I have no beef with you or your views on other people.

It was/is an example of you not liking someone... You asked for an example. I can't say if he makes you mad or if you think he is stupid. You do think he is ridiculous which I would treat as a place holder for stupid. But, I have no vested interest in this argument and this is where my commentary ends.

I have no beef with you or your views on other people.

Thats fine it's just a false statement. He's extremely biased and shouldn't be commenting if he can't be objective. Doesn't mean I don't like him...he's just not good at his job.

Anyways next weekend is gonna be amazing. There is like 5-6 bigtime games. Sorting this out so early in the season is pretty cool.

Thats fine it's just a false statement. He's extremely biased and shouldn't be commenting if he can't be objective. Doesn't mean I don't like him...he's just not good at his job.

It's just like the LSU vs NC game Saturday night. They kept talking about all the adversity and they were just kissing UNC's butt. They got caught CHEATING and taking MONEY from outside agents, they deserve everything they get and sure as hell don't deserve pity or praise for playing well without those players. That was much worse than the announcers sticking up for a school that gets bashed because they aren't in an elite conference. The BCS sucks.

Anyways next weekend is gonna be amazing. There is like 5-6 bigtime games. Sorting this out so early in the season is pretty cool.

All I can say is O-H

The have a tough test against Miami (Cant wait for that game) then there last 3 games should be tough as well. Penn state, Michigan, Iowa (not in that order)

I dont think we will see any undeafeated teams, Boise has a legit shot if they get passed Oregon State. So that being said, the next team in line loses the first game in a conference champ game but goes un beaten before that gets screwed and bumped out for there chance at a NC. If your gunna lose once you gotta lose early so you can climb the polls late, because if you lose late your screwed, and that just shows the BCS blows!

The have a tough test against Miami (Cant wait for that game) then there last 3 games should be tough as well. Penn state, Michigan, Iowa (not in that order)

I dont think we will see any undeafeated teams, Boise has a legit shot if they get passed Oregon State. So that being said, the next team in line loses the first game in a conference champ game but goes un beaten before that gets screwed and bumped out for there chance at a NC. If your gunna lose once you gotta lose early so you can climb the polls late, because if you lose late your screwed, and that just shows the BCS blows!

You missed an away game to Camp Randall in Madison Wisconsin. I am awfully worried about that game. UW is a tough team at home.

You missed an away game to Camp Randall in Madison Wisconsin. I am awfully worried about that game. UW is a tough team at home.

Yup i sure did, forgot about that one. I checked the schedule before I posted to be sure I was right, and over looked that one. Wisconsin's RB is a beast. John Clay.

well Boise just beat the ACC's best this year. Gonna be fun to see how they end up this season, that was a great game.

Not even close, as I said 10 pages ago. Overrated from the get go. Just like Boise St. Good team yes, great team no. VT will lose 4 games this year.

You dont like alot of people, I always see you commenting on how someone is making you mad or is stupid lol

Joking or not, this is not needed in the College Football thread. Save it for the banter thread.

Not to get in the middle of the argument... but this is pretty strong wording.

Seems pretty accurate to me. Holtz has predicted his former team to win the NC something like 3-4 years. He is clearly insane.

After watching all those teams this weekend, VT seems to be the most complete and played a great Boise team with 20 returning starters down to the wire and they are predicted by many to win the conference. FSU will self destruct and Carolina's troubles are just beginning, they may be the first school since SMU to get the Death Penalty and with that many players cheating and taking money they deserve it, Miami is strong on offense but their coach is suspect so that is why I feel VT is the best the ACC has to offer this year. Plus Frank Beamer's neck is mighty intimidating.

1st game of the season and there is NO WAY that VT is the best team in the ACC. Not even close. Defense still counts in college football and VT's D is suspect this year. As I said before, they will lose 4 games this year and possibly more. This is another example of two teams playing that in my opinion were overrated headed in. Neither team plays a ton of secondary defense and while that may work against Tulsa and smaller teams that you follow it wont in the ACC. Too many weapons and too many teams with much more overall team speed.

Last edited:
The flat black helmets are bad a$$ looking

Not even close, as I said 10 pages ago. Overrated from the get go. Just like Boise St. Good team yes, great team no. VT will lose 4 games this year.

1st game of the season and there is NO WAY that VT is the best team in the ACC. Not even close. Defense still counts in college football and VT's D is suspect this year. As I said before, they will lose 4 games this year and possibly more. This is another example of two teams playing that in my opinion were overrated headed in. Neither team plays a ton of secondary defense and while that may work against Tulsa and smaller teams that you follow it wont in the ACC. Too many weapons and too many teams with much more overall team speed.

I loved the matte black helmets as well, I dont think I cared for the numbers on the jersey though. Man, that was a rough one last night for Hokie fans but a HUGE eye opener. I am a Hokie fan, but one reason I was truly rooting for them is because even after that game I just dont feel that if Boise goes un-defeated that they could hold their own against a team like Alabama. VT looked horrible last night in the secondary, so did Boise. Neither team is a NC contender in my eyes. I agree with JB completely. Boise has a cake walk, there are too many other teams with a schedule that would be hard to play, their players are getting beat up week in and week out. Boise will cake walk all but one game. After last night, I dont see VT winning the ACC...there are toooo many great QB's in the ACC, VT secondary will get walked all over. It was a fun game to watch but I am tired of this whole BCS buster junkilunk! Love, One-T

Some of you guys may know golf equipment but football you do not. :banana:

Some of you guys may know golf equipment but football you do not. :banana:

haha, says the guy who was touting tulsa? dude, your pirates got lucky as anything and you know it.

haha, says the guy who was touting tulsa? dude, your pirates got lucky as anything and you know it.

Ding Ding Ding....We have a winner!

Lucky or not they won and the holes didn't! That is all that matters is wins and losses stats are for losers lol.

But on a serious note, as long as Non AQ teams are winning I don't care who wins or loses. I just want the BCS to go away so college football can be better. The biggest problem with this sport is people fight over who is better when in reality there is no possible way of telling because they never play each other.

Lucky or not they won and the holes didn't! That is all that matters is wins and losses stats are for losers lol.

They sure did. But it is NOT all that matters in College Football. Who you play matters too. See TCU, Cincy, and Boise last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back