It's Official - THP Fall Outing Announcement

I've not done much preperation at all, but hope to get on it some today. Download the courses, prepack the clubs to see how much weight, etc. My biggest question right now is what club to leave behind. If we can only take 14 on the flight that presnts a problem. Some longer courses I prefer a #5 hybrid to my 4 iron.

Also, I know we are playing the champion course, is it the Palmer that we play round #2? Will download today.

Why should it matter how many are on the flight? airlines go by weight not numbr of clubs

I may have to have Gray make a game plan for me...even though he has never seen me hit a ball. It will be like a little caddy
book.

DD - I wish we could play together and I would be glad to share my thoughts, however your natural instincts may be the ticket for you :D

Have you charted these courses yet? What I mean is have you watched the flyover and decided how you are going to set your game plan or just get out there and whap the heck out of the ball. Bomb and gouge and hope it finds the fairway? KellyBo and I are beginning to develop our game plan and place it on a Micosoft Excel flowchart. Have it in our back pocket for reference and chart the course for hazards etc. You know try to incorporate a little pre knowledge for club selection etc. I am not opposed to using my 4 - iron off the tee, if it will keep me from making an obvious mistake off the tee. Our first priority is to have a good time regardless of what (score) we end up with, however we want to prepare for some options prior to teeing off.
I have an idea for you Gray, why don't you make up more of those and distribute them out to your friends at THP, say like for a minor trade, I'll give you a sleeve of golf balls for one of your handy game plan sheets (example).

I looked at the flyovers this morning and thought about a game plan off the tee but that's really hard to do without being there and knowing how you're swinging on that particular day. I do think I will be leaving the driver in the bag on a lot of tee shots. It's a TIGHT course and I want to play smart course management for sure.

Tight course will definitely make a guy like me play a little bit differently or I'll lose 3 doz golf balls in one round. I'm not exactly what you'd call Fred Funk with my driver.

I wish PGA National had hole by hole previews like the one below, those who attended the Midwest outing will remember this gem as the par 5 10th hole at Iron Horse. But my point is that with hole previews like these you can literally make your own yardage book and go into a course you've never played with a great idea of what to expect.
hole10-2.gif

Yea, their website is a little disappointing.

I have an idea for you Gray, why don't you make up more of those and distribute them out to your friends at THP, say like for a minor trade, I'll give you a sleeve of golf balls for one of your handy game plan sheets (example).

The game plan I have in mind for the course may not work for your game. I am hitting from the middle (Blue Tees) and using different lofted clubs etc. as opposed to what the norm is. Rxgus has found an acutual yardage book that has all the distances, shows hazards, etc. from all tees and that would work better for the majority. Remember P4B I only hit my 9-iron 320 yards so I can't keep up with young bucks like yourself :D. I can tell you for sure, it depends on how I am striking the driver prior to teeing it up, as to how many times it comes out of the bag. I have a 1 iron hybrid that I can hit solid and more consistant than the big stick and almost as far. It's all about keeping the ball between the trees and on the short stuff.... My personal game plan will be more conservative and will consists of using as low as my four iron off some holes.

Why should it matter how many are on the flight? airlines go by weight not numbr of clubs

That's what I thought, but it was pointed out several times in another thread that some airlines restrict by number.

I wish PGA National had hole by hole previews like the one below, those who attended the Midwest outing will remember this gem as the par 5 10th hole at Iron Horse. But my point is that with hole previews like these you can literally make your own yardage book and go into a course you've never played with a great idea of what to expect.
hole10-2.gif

Yep, the first time around I blew up pretty bad on that hole, lol. Not to bad the next two times, but left the driver in the bag off the tee. Plenty of room for a driver, I just screw up trying to "steer" the ball too much off the box.

+1 sounds like a good idea but too many variables (weather, swing that you have that day, etc) that could make the plan be a big waste of time for me

good idea, but i have an Onpar gps, no excel flowcharts needed. i can simply touch the screen then decide. for what it's worth, i already have these two courses uploaded.

We merged this one into the Official Outing thread for everybody. Being that it is about the courses being played at the outing, we felt as though it should be in this thread for everybody.

The extended forecast for West Palm Beach, FL according to accuweather.com:
Capture-2.png

ha, don't think i'll be wearing pants, and i'll feel bad for whoever is! it's gonna be warm.

btw, P4B, i love that you are already looking at the weather.

ha, don't think i'll be wearing pants, and i'll feel bad for whoever is! it's gonna be warm.

btw, P4B, i love that you are already looking at the weather.

Dang boy, you gonna look funny in them underware!

haha already looking at the weather 2 weeks away, I love it. Pants? Can you say swamp a$$!! Way too warm for pants!

given the weather...I'm liking my early tee times. thanks JB and GG! lol

given the weather...I'm liking my early tee times. thanks JB and GG! lol

It's funny you say that because we played with Biggsy and Mrs. Biggsy yesterday and it was cloudy all day until about the 16th hole when the sun came out. And during that round I ended up with a lovely golfers/farmers tan from my shirt, glove, and socks. So make sure to bring some sunscreen.

haha already looking at the weather 2 weeks away, I love it. Pants? Can you say swamp a$$!! Way too warm for pants!

lmao OEM! i'm in florida, no way i'm wearing britches on the golf course, i'll have that here soon enough.

Way to warm for just about everything!! Keep in mind, those are the actual temps, not what it will feel like. Once you factor in the humidity, you get a temp well over 100. For example, it's 90 there right now, but feels like 111. Way to warm!!

Is the temp hindering my excitement?? Hecks no!!

Preparation... Golf saturday, and bringing a ton of balls! I'm ready!
The more I look at the flyovers, the more water I see!!

Way to warm for just about everything!! Keep in mind, those are the actual temps, not what it will feel like. Once you factor in the humidity, you get a temp well over 100. For example, it's 90 there right now, but feels like 111. Way to warm!!

Is the temp hindering my excitement?? Hecks no!!

Not even close in my opinion. WHile that is the case, you also have to factor in breeze and what that does to "feels like" as well. We live in this heat and I have lived in the north. I dont think it feels like 111 at all. Maybe if I were to stand on aluminum foil or stand still for an hour in the sun.

I've gotten more color this year on cloudy days than sunny ones. Weird how that works.

Not even close in my opinion. WHile that is the case, you also have to factor in breeze and what that does to "feels like" as well. We live in this heat and I have lived in the north. I dont think it feels like 111 at all. Maybe if I were to stand on aluminum foil or stand still for an hour in the sun.

hahaha, mental picture made me laugh.

do they make those for lefties? lol
lmao OEM! i'm in florida, no way i'm wearing britches on the golf course, i'll have that here soon enough.

Back