Will let you know tomorrow. Going to take a whole lot out to the range as we have some other things that came in today that we cannot post about until Thursday.

But I will give a little update on these tomorrow morning.

Ohhh perhaps you will be having a Mizuno/Ping shootout? That is what I'm stuck between right now.

Not normally a fan of the look of Ping irons, but these do look nice.

Ohhh perhaps you will be having a Mizuno/Ping shootout? That is what I'm stuck between right now.

We have had teh Mizuno irons here for over a week. Already tried them all out. But that is for a different thread obviously.

These look very nice. Maybe the first Ping iron that I'd like to have a go at.

First Ping iron I would consider playing based solely on looks. Nice topline and even the back is un-Ping-like (which is a good thing IMHO).

I cant wait to hit those, I may be spraying them though! hehe, at least I am honest (but I do have a 180 mph swing speed) hehe

is that with a 100mph wind behind you? I keed I keed
I cant wait to hit those, I may be spraying them though! hehe, at least I am honest (but I do have a 180 mph swing speed) hehe

is that with a 100mph wind behind you? I keed I keed

nope thats hurricane winds at me! ha. I havent really hit a "players" iron, I am excited ot do that at the outting.

me either and I'd like to at least see if I can get the PW in the air or not
nope thats hurricane winds at me! ha. I havent really hit a "players" iron, I am excited ot do that at the outting.

i think these are beautiful i wonder if the insert looking thing in the back dampens the impact vibration a little

So, did you get a chance to try these out today, JB?

Hate to say it, but I hope that you guys get another week of rain down there. Get it out of the way for the outing ;)

I really dont like the look of these. I like the look of the s57s. Something about the diamond and the s56 badge is throwing me off

So, did you get a chance to try these out today, JB?

Only briefly. Not enough to give you a full rundown, but they felt pretty good. Much different ball flight than the 2.0's I was testing them with and working the ball was easy as can be.

It's not all its cracked up to be in terms of difficulty...will you leave some mishits real short? You bet but I doubt you would "shank" any!

Ping have done a brilliant job with these irons. The S line improves massively with every new version in my eyes. When you look at the original S59 you can see just how far they have come. I have hit these several times and can say they are Ping's best blades yet and should rival the likes of Mizuno - they look that good.

I have hit these several times and can say they are Ping's best blades yet and should rival the likes of Mizuno - they look that good.

Really?

I have used these mutliple times now and while they haev a great look, I just do not see it from the feel department. They have that "Ping" feel to me, which is a little harsher than many players cavity irons. No where near some others that we have tested such as Bridgestone J38 DPC, R9 TP, Mizuno (multiple sets), etc...

They definitely have solid performance, and I would expect nothing less from a top tier iron set, but I just do not see it with the feel. Very similar to the new Adams line in that regard.

Feel is completely subjective of course.

Are you kidding?! Lol.

Yeah, I like to kid about toplines, esp b/c there are some folks that won't even consider a club b/c of thick toplines. I find that comical.

I do think that these are attractive but I don't think they can compete with the mizzie's for one reason.......price!

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

Really?

I have used these mutliple times now and while they haev a great look, I just do not see it from the feel department. They have that "Ping" feel to me, which is a little harsher than many players cavity irons. No where near some others that we have tested such as Bridgestone J38 DPC, R9 TP, Mizuno (multiple sets), etc...

They definitely have solid performance, and I would expect nothing less from a top tier iron set, but I just do not see it with the feel. Very similar to the new Adams line in that regard.

Feel is completely subjective of course.

Couldn't agree more. Performance and looks-wise, these are, in my opinion, as good as any Mizuno. However, in the feel department they are not. As they are cast, they are bound to be less responsive out of the middle, but I honestly don't think it matters.
Yes, there are traditionalists out there who demand feel over all else, but I think anyone in search of a blade that looks good, is easy to control and has forgiveness will struggle to find anything better.
Of course, that is only my opinion.

Yeah, I like to kid about toplines, esp b/c there are some folks that won't even consider a club b/c of thick toplines. I find that comical.

I do think that these are attractive but I don't think they can compete with the mizzie's for one reason.......price!

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

I know lots of people who are really picky when it comes to toplines. I honestly don't see how they can be so fussy. In my eyes, if it does the job then I do not care what it looks like. Of course, a nice looking head is a bonus, but not a deal-breaker for me.

I know lots of people who are really picky when it comes to toplines. I honestly don't see how they can be so fussy. In my eyes, if it does the job then I do not care what it looks like. Of course, a nice looking head is a bonus, but not a deal-breaker for me.

i couldn't agree more joe! it's like i always ask: do you really look at the topline when you're over the ball, b/c i tend to look at the ball.

i must admit though, i am quite fond of these irons from ping. i use to be a ping forged guy (had the i3's for a while and quite liked them), but i have to be honest, i never cared for the look of the "cut-out/notch" in the heel of the clubhead/hosel. i get why it's there, but i didn't care to look at it.

i also think that with the s56, they've really got a lovely combination of tech/style. i haven't been to fond of their styling as of late, but mostly that has to do with color schemes.

Back