What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you!! I was fortunate to only find the bunker about 5 times because those give me the hardest time. I still don't know how to get out of them I just close my eyes and hope for the best.

ahhhhhh, try it looking at the ball one time...hehe, I kid

but you were consistent and always knew where to look lol
Played 18 with JB, Biggsy, and Mrs. Biggsy at Biggsy's home course. It was a new course for me and I once again had my nasty slice come back but still managed to shoot a 115 and only lost 2 balls which is really great for me lately. I hit some really great shots, but also some pretty nasty ones. Overall I am pleased with my score considering it was a new course. It's a shame I never got to see the left side of the course since all my shots went right haha.

I played 18 on Thursday morning before I headed up to my campsite for the holiday weekend. The course was Saratoga National, one of, if not, the best course in the area. It was going to be a good test for my game and our upcoming trip to florida. I started off good with my driver hitting the first 6 FW's, but after that things went south. It was EXTREMELY hot and humid for this time of year up north. I ended up with a 93, I was very disappointed. That was the worst I have ever shot on that course. I managed to hit a green side bunker on just about every other hole. I did have a nice stretch on the back where I pared 3 straight by hitting FW,GIR, and 2 putts. Oh well, 10 days till Florida!

Shot an ok 81 yesterday... lost my match though. (opponent shot net 68) :(

44/37, with 3*3 putts and 5 penalty shots, so I could have been much much better.

ahhhhhh, try it looking at the ball one time...hehe, I kid

But then I get sand in my eyes haha.

but you were consistent and always knew where to look lol

That is a very good point. I just looked for the bright pink ball on the right side of each hole and there was my ball. A few times I would aim waaaaaay left then end up right in the middle of the fairway because of that nasty slice. I really need to work on that this week.

That is a very good point. I just looked for the bright pink ball on the right side of each hole and there was my ball. A few times I would aim waaaaaay left then end up right in the middle of the fairway because of that nasty slice. I really need to work on that this week.

I vote vision track

I was +44, if it weren't for my horrendous putting I would've done MUCH better...I HATE putting!! :angry:

5,923 yards 67.5/113 83* Sunny

Shot an 87 (45/42) with 2 penalty shots. Hit 7/10 fairways and season high 10 GIR. 37 putts (one 3 putt). Was long and accurate off the tee today with the 5w and 4h being the most consistent. Irons were crisp and accurate as were the wedges after some thin shots to start the day. Struggled with touch shots <50 yds with the Niblick. Putting was completely off and never got a feel for my stroke all day and was blowing putts by the hole all the time. Felt like my score should have been a lot lower and wasted a lot of tee shots and approach shots by not one putting for birdie or par when the opportunity was there.

Nice round! And you feel like it should have been better huh? I felt the same way about my 93, hit 9 fairways and still shot a 93. Sound like your getting warmed up for FL though.

Just in time to carp the bed in FL! lol. Yeah my putting has been off for a bit and really struggling with distance control now. Easy fix though
Nice round! And you feel like it should have been better huh? I felt the same way about my 93, hit 9 fairways and still shot a 93. Sound like your getting warmed up for FL though.

Just in time to carp the bed in FL! lol. Yeah my putting has been off for a bit and really struggling with distance control now. Easy fix though

Thats just more practice and you can fix that. You probably been beating balls like crazy working on your swing and neglecting the putter. Come clean!

I shot a sweet 97 at the Pines (aka The Pitt) in Tucson, AZ. Reason I was happy with it is because I hit a ton of greens on my approach shots. Wouldnt call them GIR's officially because I was hitting twice off the tee. I lost 11 balls lol. But I was putting pretty well (when I remembered to finish the putt) and my approach shots were awesome. I used the Niblick a lot which made for some easy work around the green. I found I absolutely loved the Wilson Staff Zip and Tx4. Awesome balls. Just need to work on my tee shots!

Also want to say my caddie pro is a wonderful free iphone program and I would recommend to anyone with an iphone.

*hangs head in shame*

OEM is wise. But my swing was so bad for a bit and it needed full attention. My putting is a strong point of my game and assumed it would not leave me. Putting stroke is neglected and is getting some love tonight.
Thats just more practice and you can fix that. You probably been beating balls like crazy working on your swing and neglecting the putter. Come clean!

Tuesday 9/7 Gordon Lakes Lake / Pine 6500 yds
Foggy morning 0800 start - 68 to 86 degrees

1 par 4 4 (Lake View)
2 par 4 4
3 par 5 4
4 par 3 3
5 par 4 6
6 par 3 4
7 par 5 6
8 par 4 6
9 par 4 4

1 par 4 5 (Pine View)
2 par 4 5
3 par 5 6
4 par 3 3
5 par 4 5
6 par 3 3
7 par 5 6
8 par 4 3
9 par 4 5

Score 41 Lake / 41 Pine - 82 ( +10)

My partner invited me out to play with the pro and his shop assistant since I was off work this morning. I got out early and by 8 AM we were off the tee. I started beautifully, and was -1 through 4 holes. Then at the fifth tee, in mid-swing my grip slipped and I blocked my tee shot off the map. Little did I know this would start an avalanche of bogeys that I seemed to have no power to stop. Ball in the trap next hole, three putt next hole, chunked SW at the next, BOOM - 41. Heading to the easier Pine side, I figured I could turn it around - NOT! Three putt at 10, poor pitch at 11, topped 3W at 12 ... the bogey goblins had me. I finally birdied the 17th after nearly driving the green, but put my drive on a billy goat hill at 18 to lead yet another bogey. The carnage is done and this one is thankfully out of my system, my first round over 76 in about 3 months - it felt like I saved every possible ugly swing of the summer to display today.

shot a 93 today
if it werent for lost ball penalties i should be shooting mid 80s :sad:
when i hit a decent teeshot everything else was easy
when i hit a crappy one it led to another crappy shot
at least i got a few girs that led to pars

Played nine holes with KellyBo this evening. I shot 39 with a double on #8 caused by a (you guessed it) 3 putt.... Heck she is still out there hitting balls.

Back on the red tee box today and shot 81 (41,40). I've been playing the mens senior tees lately and it's amazing how much easier the red seemed today. Unfortunately, you still have to have a good short game no matter which tees you are playing. Pulled a few drives (I think too big back swing) but also hit some nice drives down the middle. Three drives today were the best I have hit all summer and all I did was swing smooth and easy with the proper shoulder turn and without taking the club SO far back. Amazing what the clubs will do for you if you don't try to kill it.

Back on the red tee box today and shot 81 (41,40). I've been playing the mens senior tees lately and it's amazing how much easier the red seemed today. Unfortunately, you still have to have a good short game no matter which tees you are playing. Pulled a few drives (I think too big back swing) but also hit some nice drives down the middle. Three drives today were the best I have hit all summer and all I did was swing smooth and easy with the proper shoulder turn and without taking the club SO far back. Amazing what the clubs will do for you if you don't try to kill it.

Nice going Kellybo!!! Nice and easy!!!

Pretty poor round from almost every aspect except company. Played with Dirt_Guy today in Nebraska and had lots of fun. Shot a horrindous round, but how can you not have fun with DG? I shot 92 on a rather easy course and have to wonder what florida will bring, lol. we saw some wind, rain, cool temps in the low 70's, but it was great beer drinking weather, haha. Can I request one more week to practice? Please?

Pretty poor round from almost every aspect except company. Played with Dirt_Guy today in Nebraska and had lots of fun. Shot a horrindous round, but how can you not have fun with DG? I shot 92 on a rather easy course and have to wonder what florida will bring, lol. we saw some wind, rain, cool temps in the low 70's, but it was great beer drinking weather, haha. Can I request one more week to practice? Please?
You're going to get punched in the nose talking like that around here! Suck it up Due, you'll be just fine!!! Glad you got to tee it up with Dirt again, I wish I could have made it!

ummmm, nope!

Shot a 41 on the front nine from the senior tees today. Had a few co-workers follow me around for a couple holes trying to aggravate me but I did good in front of them which is unusual. I have a lesson in the morning...it will be my last one before the outing. We will be working on the driver again and chipping/pitching. I hope I can show him how much better I've been hitting the driver!! My short game needs work!!!

You're going to get punched in the nose talking like that around here! Suck it up Due, you'll be just fine!!! Glad you got to tee it up with Dirt again, I wish I could have made it!

Dang, just askin? hehe. It was a good time out there, but I was hitting everything thin. DG was loooong off the tee today and his irons where smokin hot. Putts cost him a bit, but he made up for it else where.

ps: I had red beer just to get ready, hahahaha

51/43
things started clicking late in the round and by the time i made the turn everything felt good finally... from the tee to the green... hopefully i can carry it over to tomorrows round

Well... sounds like thedue summed up my game pretty well. I had a great long ball but couldn't het it to drop in the hole. He's always fun to share a round with. I ended up with a 92 (45/47) as well. I was happy with a tie. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back