The iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new OS 4.1 is available for d/l.

Yeah man. It's quick too. I didn't even try stats until the end. Loved the GPS for shot distance!
Glad you like that app. I used it all the time now. It's become a part of my shot routine, and I use it too keep track of stats as well.

Hopefully 3G iPhones are usable again. :(

There is a flaw though that I figured out. On your camera roll, the pictures are there, but they're black spots in the menu. If you click on a random black space, the actual picture is there, but in the camera roll, its all black space. I had to move them to my pictures folder and then re-sync the phone. It works :)

There is a flaw though that I figured out. On your camera roll, the pictures are there, but they're black spots in the menu. If you click on a random black space, the actual picture is there, but in the camera roll, its all black space. I had to move them to my pictures folder and then re-sync the phone. It works :)

I actually had that problem *before* today's update. Thanks for the tip on resyncing though, I'll try that!

I'm hesitant to try 4.2.....4.1 bricked my phone, I had to back out of it and go back to 3.0. it's so much better without the update.

anyone with 3G do the 4.2 update and have success?

My initial testing with today's update (4.1) actually seem pretty promising. Texting is actually usable again, safari doesn't crawl (although it's not exactly lighting speed either, it's no worst than what I remember from 3.x), Google maps is usable, etc etc. Overall I'd say it's pretty "positive", aka "less crap than 4.0"...

Whats this stupid game center thing. I dont want it, and i cant delete it.

I know. It's just taking up space I can use for another app!! I guess you can play games with more than one person at a time with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My initial testing with today's update (4.1) actually seem pretty promising. Texting is actually usable again, safari doesn't crawl (although it's not exactly lighting speed either, it's no worst than what I remember from 3.x), Google maps is usable, etc etc. Overall I'd say it's pretty "positive", aka "less crap than 4.0"...

The 3g simply can't handle 4.x Operating Software.
Better keeping it at 3.

If you have DirecTV then get the DirecTV app. Its free and its awesome!! You can record shows from your iPhone :)

On a side note, has anyone had issues with DirecTV? On their guide it used to tell you about a week's out what the programming was, but lately, its only been up to about 2-3 days worth. But with the DirecTV app, I was able to schedule something for next week when it wasn't even listed on the guide yet (TBD....grrrrr) :D

The 3g simply can't handle 4.x Operating Software.
Better keeping it at 3.

Been running 4.1 since the release and it's ran fine. A heck of a lot better than the 4.0 update.

On a different note, anyone else used the GolfCard Pro traced images yet? I found it much nicer than using the satellite image. If nothing else, using the companion app, GolfCardMgr, helped me with planning out a round on a course I had never played.

Major update for tapatalk. Lots of changes and more settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What cases do you all have on your iphones? I have a purple Speck case, but they are pricey :( With the iPhone 4, they're offering free cases, but your only colors are black, white and smoke! Sheesh...talk about color choices :D I ended up getting a smoke colored one but I don't use it :confused2: Oh well!!

I actually have 2 cases that I use. A DLO Jam Jacket, and another universal smartphone case that I put it in. I wanted something to cover the screen when it's in my purse.

What cases do you all have on your iphones? I have a purple Speck case, but they are pricey :( With the iPhone 4, they're offering free cases, but your only colors are black, white and smoke! Sheesh...talk about color choices :D I ended up getting a smoke colored one but I don't use it :confused2: Oh well!!

I have an ISkin Solo FX in orange. Love it because it's not too bulky, pretty stylish and it's grippy so no sliding IPhone effect.

For those of you that have Sunday Ticket on DirecTV download the Sunday Ticket app. It has live video on all the games on ST. The only games that are not there are local blackout games and the Sunday and Monday night games. The video is nice and very little lag.

I grabbed a Seidio case and I hate it. Theyre quality has really gown down hill. And the thing is huge too. Before they're cases were known for how thin they were while being grippy too. Now Im back to using the free case that I got from Apple which is the Griffin one.

The Power Support non glare / less finger prints screen protectors are in the stores now. Highly recommended if you hate the dirty screen like I do.

I think Im throwing my iphone away. I miss my blackberry. Should be able tog et out of my ATT contract by having someone else take it over. Then 4.5 months till my first line is out of contract. Im torn.

I can't believe how much better the coverage is for Verizon. I was vacationing this past weekend in southeastern Utah and while my Verizon phone consistently had a signal, my AT&T iPhone did not! There was no place that the iPhone had a signal that the Verizon did not. Really hoping for a Verizon iPhone...

On a golf related note, I was playing The Hideout course in Monticello, UT and it was the only place in town that I could get a consistent and even a strong signal on my iPhone. I think I did more work between holes there than anywhere else. :)

I got the free Incase snap case in smoke. It's soft touch, and you can barely see the Apple logo through the rear.

I have an Incase slider on my iPod Touch 2G, and I really like their product.

I can't believe how much better the coverage is for Verizon. I was vacationing this past weekend in southeastern Utah and while my Verizon phone consistently had a signal, my AT&T iPhone did not! There was no place that the iPhone had a signal that the Verizon did not. Really hoping for a Verizon iPhone...

On a golf related note, I was playing The Hideout course in Monticello, UT and it was the only place in town that I could get a consistent and even a strong signal on my iPhone. I think I did more work between holes there than anywhere else. :)

Just wait, rumor (as always) has it that January, Verizon will be getting the iPhone on their network.

it's not a rumor, it's a fact now. Q1 timeframe.....
Just wait, rumor (as always) has it that January, Verizon will be getting the iPhone on their network.

I heard March. I wonder if they will keep the same price point. From what I remember werent Verizon phones typically more $$? I haven't checked prices in a couple years lol.
it's not a rumor, it's a fact now. Q1 timeframe.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back