Taylormade Burner Super Launch Hybrid

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
Now that Taylormade has announced the burner 2.0 irons, they are also releasing a new hybrid. It is called the Burner Super Launch Hybrid. Here is a picture of what is about to be released. What are your initial thoughts?

TM7866_im_____0_gsi

This is an interesting one. They were only to be released in a set with SuperLaunch irons. When that was announced, consumers really wanted them, so TM decided to release separately. They will be at our THP Demo Day for all to try out and post information on.

• Staff
I received an email from Golfsmith this morning that included what Taylormade was going to release today. Here is the image from the email. I guess Taylormade really listens to the consumers. They are releasing the Daytona Ghost, as well as the new hybrid to go along with their new iron set.

I'll be interested to see how these perform.

ooooh sweet, I am in hybrid mode for demo day

• Staff
I am interested to see the lofts on them. From the picture listed above the 3h is 18 degrees...would that make the 4h 21? 21 was my first 3 hybrid

These have been available in Canada for some time now as the SuperFast Rescue. I've spent some time with the 18* and 21* models and am fairly impressed. The hold true to the SuperFast mantra and provided me with much longer distance (at the store anyways in the sim). I'd have to say that they lead the pack in my hybrid choices.

Why is it called Burner super launch hybrid instead of a Burner superfast hybrid? Just curious. Looks like a mini Superfast 3w.

I am interested to see the lofts on them. From the picture listed above the 3h is 18 degrees...would that make the 4h 21? 21 was my first 3 hybrid

I could be wrong but most of the 3 hybrids I have owned were 18* or 19*, and 21*/22* have been 4 hybrids.

Why is it called Burner super launch hybrid instead of a Burner superfast hybrid? Just curious. Looks like a mini Superfast 3w.

From what we were told, it is because it is part of the SuperLaunch set. In fact it was only going to be released that way. You will see it in stores as the SuperFast Hybrid I am sure.

From what we were told, it is because it is part of the SuperLaunch set. In fact it was only going to be released that way. You will see it in stores as the SuperFast Hybrid I am sure.

ahh ok. I figured people would call it superfast hybrid after a while. If its anything like the driver/woods then its going to be one sweet club!

ahh ok. I figured people would call it superfast hybrid after a while. If its anything like the driver/woods then its going to be one sweet club!

It sure is Bridges!

I could be wrong but most of the 3 hybrids I have owned were 18* or 19*, and 21*/22* have been 4 hybrids.

I know taylormade has usually been around 19 for their rescues, Ping has been 20-21 depending on model. I know the 2 Nike hybrids on the market now are both 21 degrees for the 3h. I think 18 is a little strong. Most 5w's are 18-19 degrees. It seems that they have gone away from the iron for iron replacement

One of many TM candies to drool upon at WPB. :D

I'm intrigued by this club, as I have been since I heard it was floating around in Canada. I love the Superfast line, as you can tell by what's in my bag and I'm looking forward to giving this club a test drive.

holy toledo! this is great news as well. i'm in hardcore hybrid mode and would love to get my greasy hands on one of these. that's it, it's official, i'm a TM fanboy! time to find a heel shafted rossa!

I know taylormade has usually been around 19 for their rescues, Ping has been 20-21 depending on model. I know the 2 Nike hybrids on the market now are both 21 degrees for the 3h. I think 18 is a little strong. Most 5w's are 18-19 degrees. It seems that they have gone away from the iron for iron replacement

hmm idk then. I know the adams line have there 3 hybrids listed as 19*. I wont carry a 5w if I have a 3 hybrid. Its just to close together for me, and usually pretty close for others as well.

Are these coming in 2/3/4 hybrids?

These are on the radar too! What an awesome day for golf!

hmm idk then. I know the adams line have there 3 hybrids listed as 19*. I wont carry a 5w if I have a 3 hybrid. Its just to close together for me, and usually pretty close for others as well.

Are these coming in 2/3/4 hybrids?

everything I have seen so far has been 3/4/5. I would imagine a 2 would be in the works, but at 18 degrees for the 3, the 2 would be around 15/16. JB can probably fill you in on more information that what I have

everything I have seen so far has been 3/4/5. I would imagine a 2 would be in the works, but at 18 degrees for the 3, the 2 would be around 15/16. JB can probably fill you in on more information that what I have

A 15/16* 2 hybrid would be pretty sweet. I bet it still has the distance for short par 4s that you could tee off with!

A 15/16* 2 hybrid would be pretty sweet. I bet it still has the distance for short par 4s that you could tee off with!

you are probably right about that. Be like a shorter 3w

OEM's trying to figure out how to get one of these.

Back