Taylormade Burner 2.0 Irons & THP Testing

Sleek lookin'.

lol np bro! Will you wear a sock on your head too? haha

I will let you pick a sock from my suitcase to wear and we can be sock/Burner brothers ;)

According to the video on the website this iron will benefit golfers of all levels, even low handicap players. I am far from being able to handle a blade but I have always preferred to play smaller irons with less offset, it sounds like the Burner 2.0 should be something I'll like. The last thing I want to be doing is swinging a tank of an iron so I'm glad that these specs are what they are. I just can't wait for them, where is my UPS guy, I'll meet him halfway...c'mon man!

....across the sky....

spoken like a true Kenny Loggins fan lol
According to the video on the website this iron will benefit golfers of all levels, even low handicap players. I am far from being able to handle a blade but I have always preferred to play smaller irons with less offset, it sounds like the Burner 2.0 should be something I'll like. The last thing I want to be doing is swinging a tank of an iron so I'm glad that these specs are what they are. I just can't wait for them, where is my UPS guy, I'll meet him halfway...c'mon man!

i may just start stalking UPS around here. just run and snag any rectangular box.

Yeah I'll be interested to see if any touring pro's play them to help with sales. There is no doubt they would hit them a mile.

....across the sky....

spoken like a true Kenny Loggins fan lol
Now I have Kenny Loggins in my head, what show was that from? UGH, anyway...check out the irons on TaylorMade.com, each iron is different and specifically designed to help in it's sole purpose. Very cool!

*doesn't realize that they are long stem roses from 800-FLOWERS*
*TC tackles some old lady to take away a box, then runs back into the woods* Lol

the movie 'Over the Top' lol

I hope one iron is the 'hit the green every time' iron
Now I have Kenny Loggins in my head, what show was that from? UGH, anyway...check out the irons on TaylorMade.com, each iron is different and specifically designed to help in it's sole purpose. Very cool!

I love this one,
Our thinnest, fastest face needed a specially designed head shape. The new Burner 2.0 3-iron is built for pure distance- and it's ridiculously easy to hit.
Last time I tried to hit a 3 iron I was still swiping Playboys from my dad's closet! We'll see TaylorMade, we'll see!!!

Maybe this is not the right thread for this, but since it was brought up.... Do conforming grooves hurt me as they wont spin as much as the non conforming grooves in last years model? Or is it really not that big of a deal?

You should not see a big difference.

JB, you said you will change the grips out (I want to do the same to my 09 Burners) so what will you change them out to? I'm wondering cause I think the stock grip is a 'lite' wt. grip so in your experiences will changing out to a standard wt grip change the feel/swingweight enough to notice a difference in feel...thanks again

Looking nice! But is it me or does it look pretty similar to the original Burners? I think my dad might be interested in these! Also, is that really carbon fibre or is it just the carbon fibre pattern?

Taylor Made has some really cool pictures in the Burner 2.0 Gallery. Mmmm they look delicious!

what's the new avatar Kev...can't quite tell?
Taylor Made has some really cool pictures in the Burner 2.0 Gallery. Mmmm they look delicious!

JB, you said you will change the grips out (I want to do the same to my 09 Burners) so what will you change them out to? I'm wondering cause I think the stock grip is a 'lite' wt. grip so in your experiences will changing out to a standard wt grip change the feel/swingweight enough to notice a difference in feel...thanks again

I use Winn Grips normally and will find one to matchup weight.

Looking nice! But is it me or does it look pretty similar to the original Burners? I think my dad might be interested in these! Also, is that really carbon fibre or is it just the carbon fibre pattern?

They do have a similar look, but are definitely not the same based on hitting them. Completely different feel. It is just a carbon fiber pattern.

For those who missed the live launch here is the You Tube Video.

[video=youtube;-RBh46BmRCk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RBh46BmRCk[/video]

Powerful stuff. The video they showed had the quality of a movie trailer. And this is only the beginning of things to come in the next 12 months? Lordy lordy lordy

Powerful stuff. The video they showed had the quality of a movie trailer. And this is only the beginning of things to come in the next 12 months? Lordy lordy lordy
That's what I was thinking too, seems like they are making some big pushes toward being the undisputed king of golf equipment.

Back