2010 Season NFL Super Bowl Predictions Thread

I would also like to throw out there my fanboy SB pick...

Bears vs. Colts

It pains me to not pick the Boys but I think the O-line will derail the season. Packers and Ravens with the Ravens winning it.

I will pick against the cowboys because of their o-line, secondary, and the fact no team has ever played a "home" superbowl.

Colts vs 49ers - somewhat out of the box team

We're not allowed to bag anyone elses picks? :confused2:

We're not allowed to bag anyone elses picks? :confused2:

Lets just keep it a clean thread to make it easy to come back and look at it. Per OP's request.

We can bag anybody's picks in the regular NFL thread.

Colts vs Green Bay- Peyton gets #2

Dark Horse- 49ers, Miami
Disappointments- NE, Arizona (duh), Vikings

Lets just keep it a clean thread to make it easy to come back and look at it. Per OP's request.

We can bag anybody's picks in the regular NFL thread.

Done! hehehe

Saints vs Ravens. Saints Win Back to Back.

Dark Horse Pick: 49ers!! Not a top tier team, but they will coast into the playoffs. With a defense like theirs they could be really dangerous in the playoffs as other teams will write them off.

I am going with Dallas and Indianapolis. As long as PM is at qb for the Colts I would not pick against them to get to the SB. They won't win though, Cowboys will win. They have had all the parts in place to do this for a couple of years now. I don't believe in the voodoo against something random happening just because it hasn't happened in the past.

packers vs. colts and packers win!

That's my pick, even though I might be a bit biased! :D

NO last night did not live up to my expectations last night, but the Vikings did. I think this year will be a disaster for the vikes, and NO will finish short of the big game. Packers offense will be tough to contain, with the only weakness being the defense's secondary. If the CBs step up, watch out!

Indy will win a close race in the AFC. I think this division is tougher to call. Too many good teams, and good sleepers.

My heart says Dallas but I just can't pick them, last time they were the over hyped football machine they laid and egg and left me crying.

I'll go with:
Colts- they're probably the best team in the NFL year in and year out in the Peyton Manning era, they'll be there again.
vs.
Packers- not sure why, they just look to have everything in place to be very very good this year. They'll have to beat the Saints, but anything can happen in 1 game so I'm going to guess the Packers.

Here's the kiss of death for these two teams:

Packers v. Chargers
old school shootout 34-28 Packers

NFC Championship: Pack v. Saints
AFC Championship: Chargers v. Colts

Darkhorse AFC: Oakland (I so hate saying that)
Darkhorse NFC: Detroit (sounds weird saying that)

Biggest disappointments: Jets, Eagles (I guess I don't like green this season)

Dallas / Indy

Packers / Colts. Packers by a few.

Brett who?

Kevin

Baltimore 17
New Orleans 14

Post your prediction for this years Super Bowl. Thats it. Keep the banter in the NFL thread. I want this to be about the predictions only so we can go back and see who gets to brag. Dont care about scores and all the other games just the big one.

I'll start:

And Im sure this is a big surprise to everyone,

DALLAS vs. Baltimore in the Super Bowl for the first time ever the home team makes the SB AND WINS IT. Dallas wins in its own stadium.

Oops. After today we'll know the playoffs and well one of my picks has been out since about week 5.

Heres my new set of picks: Atlanta vs New England

I am surprised that anyone think the Raiders will do anything other than fight it out with Kansas City for last place in the division. They are still Oakland, and Al Davis is still in charge. I still think they will suck, but suck a little less than the Chiefs. Five wins for Oakland, four for KC. Possibly less wins for both.

This was a good prediction right here.

Indy-Green Bay Super Bowl is looking really good too. (But could still hapeen!)

Right now I am going to go with Baltimore against Atlanta in the super bowl. Baltimore is just a really good team and I think they are going to be hard to beat. Atlanta while they are not the best team in the NFC, they have home field advantage throughout the playoffs and I don't think anyone can go in there and beat them. Baltimore wins the SUPERBOWL.

There is a football team in New England. They are called the Patriots. They aren't looking to bad either.

Right now I am going to go with Baltimore against Atlanta in the super bowl. Baltimore is just a really good team and I think they are going to be hard to beat. Atlanta while they are not the best team in the NFC, they have home field advantage throughout the playoffs and I don't think anyone can go in there and beat them. Baltimore wins the SUPERBOWL.

I think the Saints did last week.

Thought I'd bump this one back up so we can laugh at our predictions!

I was actually half right with my Colts-Packers prediction (and had the Packers winning).

My thoughts on how bad the Chiefs were going to do during the season was epically wrong! (But their last two games showed how not that great they really were). Good teams don't get blown out two weeks in a row when they should have been peaking!

Several people had the Packers, bravo!

Packers vs. Chargers
Packers 27-17
Dark horses- (NFC) 49ers. Good Def, Not a very tough schedule and if Alex smith can make a few plays who knows what could happen. Falcons. If there def can make a few stops, then they could upset some teams..

(AFC) Jaguars. Tough schedule but they might be able to pull out a few games from teams that over look them.

I got part of mine right. Packers- check. Falcons as a dark horse-check

The other 3 not so good. Chargers, 49ers, and jags all failed me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back