Player of the Year 2010

Lee Westwood!

We actually discussed Lee Westwood since he has finished top 5 in a major, won once on tour here, and placed high in other tournaments. I think the problem with Westwood is that he doesn't play enough on the PGA Tour to be considered. He still spends a lot of time playing in Europe.

We actually discussed Lee Westwood since he has finished top 5 in a major, won once on tour here, and placed high in other tournaments. I think the problem with Westwood is that he doesn't play enough on the PGA Tour to be considered. He still spends a lot of time playing in Europe.

Yah that was more a poke at JB. If the award was worldwide I would name him in the running as you stated, but he isn't even in the discussion for the PGA.

Yah that was more a poke at JB. If the award was worldwide I would name him in the running as you stated, but he isn't even in the discussion for the PGA.

Sure he is. The best guy to only play 54 holes in all 4 majors award. Best Moobs Award. Most worn white pants award.

Matt Kuchar has played about the best from the first week until the playoffs. To me the Fed Ex cup is a good indication for PGA players consistency and if he wins again this week and wins the Fed Ex cup I would have to say Matt. If not there are several but probably DJ leading the list. He played the best in all the majors and has been in contention in alot of tournaments.

I think it is Kuchar's to loose. He is playing so well right now- and with a win in the "playoffs" he is coming through when it counts. Not to mention all the top 10s and topping the money list. Unless someone takes it from him in the next 9 days I think he is set.

I think it is Kuchar's to loose. He is playing so well right now- and with 2 wins in the "playoffs" he is coming through when it counts. Not to mention all the top 10s and topping the money list. Unless someone takes it from him in the next 9 days I think he is set.

I believe Kuchar only has 1 win in the playoffs.

I believe Kuchar only has 1 win in the playoffs.

You are 100% right. I am unsure what I was thinking at that moment... previous post has been edited

: embarrassed:

You are 100% right. I am unsure what I was thinking at that moment... previous post has been edited

: embarrassed:

Man it happens to all of us...I am just lucky enough to have a wife that eats, sleeps, and drinks Tour Golf, so its like having a built in editor...hehe

Sure he is. The best guy to only play 54 holes in all 4 majors award. Best Moobs Award. Most worn white pants award.

LOL I love it JB, you never disappoint!

Dunno about the moobs award though, he has some pretty stiff (LMAO) competition from Overton and Mickelson. The 3 of them would be like clash of the titans.

DJ is making it interesting

Hey I just noticed The big easy also. Could be a fun final round.

I still say that unless DJ wins the FedEx, he does not win POY. Are most leaning towards him right now? Spoke to a couple of golf writers today that agree that he needs to win in 2 weeks to get it.

I still say that unless DJ wins the FedEx, he does not win POY. Are most leaning towards him right now? Spoke to a couple of golf writers today that agree that he needs to win in 2 weeks to get it.

I tend to agree. So whos the favorite right now? Kuchar?

I think Kooch has been consistent. But if Furyk or Els win, that would be 3 wins for them and in my opinion, they would have to get it over a guy that has only one. Phil is the wild card because of the major. But without another win, he has no shot in my opinion.

DJ, despite being remembered more for his failures, does have a win and plenty of quality starts.

Doesnt DJ have 2 wins?

Isn't there one of the awards that's based on points? I was looking at this the other day and there are about 6 different awards. There's player of the year, players' player of the year, sportswriters' player of the year and no doubt others I don't recall. Be interesting to see who's winning on points thus far. Either way, it's a lot more open than it's been for a while. No one's won more than twice this year, while in year's past (since 2000), the lowest total for the most wins is 4 in 2008 (Tiger playing around his busted knee). Other than that the player with the most wins has won 9, 5, 5, 5, 9, 6, 8, 7, 4, 6. And now this year 2. Makes things a whole lot more open. Kuchar probably has it still at the moment, but DJ has been up there so often in the big events. It's a close call right now. IMO

Most top 10s right now. Not sure, but I would say him right now.

Yup. SO does Rose, Els, Furyk.

hmmm, wel for me its too early to tell. Kuch has played some consistent golf this year.

I think its a 2 horse race between DJ and Kuchar....whoever finishes better at the championship deserves it. Kuch has been more consistant but DJ has been in the running in 2 majors.

Last edited:
Thought you were talking about Els at first, isn't he the big easy? I agree it all comes down to the championship between those 2.

DJ all the way

Thought you were talking about Els at first, isn't he the big easy? I agree it all comes down to the championship between those 2.

Yah you're right ... edited first post to fix that.

Bringing this one back up for new takes as the Tour Championship is currently going on. I have to say that unless DJ goes REAL low today, there is NO chance he wins POY in my opinion.

Back