Taylormade Burner 2.0 Irons & THP Testing

Embargo dates mean you are free to discuss the product once the date passes. Feel free to post.

Okie dokie then...

Other than the stock shafts that are available at product launch they will also make available the KBS90's and the Nippon 950's. I don't know about the KBS Tours but I don't know if they want to go that route with everything going to the lighter side of the spectrum. But it's TaylorMade so it's not exactly out of the realm of possibility.

Okie dokie then...

Other than the stock shafts that are available at product launch they will also make available the KBS90's and the Nippon 950's. I don't know about the KBS Tours but I don't know if they want to go that route with everything going to the lighter side of the spectrum. But it's TaylorMade so it's not exactly out of the realm of possibility.

Unless Im remembering wrong, I didnt see any KBS shafts listed on the shaft page for the Burner 2.0's. Nippons yes but no KBS.

Unless Im remembering wrong, I didnt see any KBS shafts listed on the shaft page for the Burner 2.0's. Nippons yes but no KBS.

I asked... they said, Si.

I asked... they said, Si.

You ask the TMPL people? And Im sure they also said if you pay we'll put whatever shaft you want.

I just the saw the SNL skit that your avatar is from, I almost lost it. haha.

You ask the TMPL people? And Im sure they also said if you pay we'll put whatever shaft you want.

I just the saw the SNL skit that your avatar is from, I almost lost it. haha.

Pretty appropriate considering the tire blowing and the username. :D

Pretty appropriate considering the tire blowing and the username. :D

Very! So spank, pondering Burner 2.0's are you? With some KBS shafts?

Very! So spank, pondering Burner 2.0's are you? With some KBS shafts?

Si, as per TMPL's orders. Want to try the Nippons too but it's hard to go against what was specifically fit for you.

great looking clubs. Was at the TM fitting center in Carlsbad, Ca. yesterday and saw them.

great looking clubs. Was at the TM fitting center in Carlsbad, Ca. yesterday and saw them.

What did you think?

similar in look and size to current burners - the finish is really well done. looks almost like a subtle metallic in the black finish, not too much offset - sweet irons. I was fitted for and bought a set of R9 TP's

similar in look and size to current burners - the finish is really well done. looks almost like a subtle metallic in the black finish, not too much offset - sweet irons. I was fitted for and bought a set of R9 TP's

Hmmmm. Im not seeing the metallic on mine. But I guess in the right light it might look like that.

it might be the finish JB. as you know since you have them, it is not a flat black or glossy but almost looked like it had a metallic flake in the paint finish. could be my eyes or the lighting.

it might be the finish JB. as you know since you have them, it is not a flat black or glossy but almost looked like it had a metallic flake in the paint finish. could be my eyes or the lighting.

I related it to a flat black with a glossy finish. I never noticed the metallic flake. Im sitting here holding them up in the light trying to see it.

I related it to a flat black with a glossy finish. I never noticed the metallic flake. Im sitting here holding them up in the light trying to see it.
You do realize that you are one fortunate man right? Great wife, great job, YOU HAVE THOSE IRONS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE! I'm sure you are very aware of your fortunes. Good for you buddy.

ED is right, its really hard to describe the finish. Im not seeing the metallic flake, but Im sure its there. I would describe the finish as matte black with a shine. I know that makes no sense, but it kind of fits here.

JB, Have you heard if these are foam filled like the r9's? could explain the feel difference.

JB, Have you heard if these are foam filled like the r9's? could explain the feel difference.

I dont know. We have heard conflicting reports. Some say it is and some say it is not. My gut says "maybe". I know that does not help much, but its all I got right now. If they are, it is not as much as the R9s. I dont think they have quite the feel of them in my opinion, but they do feel a whole lot better than the previous version did and work quite well for me so far.

I dont know. We have heard conflicting reports. Some say it is and some say it is not. My gut says "maybe". I know that does not help much, but its all I got right now. If they are, it is not as much as the R9s. I dont think they have quite the feel of them in my opinion, but they do feel a whole lot better than the previous version did and work quite well for me so far.

i've been wondering the same thing. i've been watching the cool little videos on TM website and they say that these incorporate the inverted cone technology from the R9's, is that the same thing as having the foam fill?

i've been wondering the same thing. i've been watching the cool little videos on TM website and they say that these incorporate the inverted cone technology from the R9's, is that the same thing as having the foam fill?

I think they are 2 different techs TC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might have missed it, but have any of the testers posted their reviews? They sure look sweet but can they perform? I have the 09 Burners and am I looking at a 2 yard difference or a 6-8 yard difference in distance? Can you really tell the difference in feel? Thanks!

I might have missed it, but have any of the testers posted their reviews? They sure look sweet but can they perform? I have the 09 Burners and am I looking at a 2 yard difference or a 6-8 yard difference in distance? Can you really tell the difference in feel? Thanks!

i can't speak for the other testers but i have not received my irons yet.....sorry.

If you check through the thread, I have been playing these and have used them. I have said on a couple of occasions, just how much better the feel is compared to the 09s which I did not care for.

If you check through the thread, I have been playing these and have used them. I have said on a couple of occasions, just how much better the feel is compared to the 09s which I did not care for.

JB - is it more forgiving then the 09's or the same?

JB - is it more forgiving then the 09's or the same?

I think they are more forgiving in certain areas so far. Especially up higher on the club face for those that catch them a groove or two high. I also find the perimeter weighting a little more substantial for help on mis-hits.

Back