The Official NFL 2010 Thread [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
im not trying to win/lose anything. Just dont understand how its romo's fault for thrown a little pass to his rb. Hell look at the video its not like he expected choice to break 11 tackles, he starts walking after he throws the ball to go in for halftime. Thats all he was trying to do was get to halftime.

I agree with you.

Romo just did what QB's are trained to do since birth; they see a guy that's "open" and they get the ball to him. I don't think he saw any real harm in flipping the ball to Choice and as the video shows, there was no problem with that exchange.

Romo just figured that he had no shot downfield so flip it to Choice and see what happens and I think he figured Choice would gain a few yards, get tackled and everyone would go to the locker room.

I think that the TD is on Choice because even though he was being tackled and was obviously not going anywhere, his "Alpha Male" kicked in and decided that it was going to take more than just one guy to bring HIM down and so other guys obliged him, one gets a hat on the ball and they're off to the races.

Maybe the whole thing should never have happened and maybe they should have just taken a knee (isn't that Wade's call?) but I can't see how Romo is to blame for what happened.

-JP

Its about risk. Sometimes the called play breaks down and the QB needs to think for himself. At that moment you have to balance your desire to have a big payoff with preventing a big disaster. So what were his options? The lowest risk options are throw it away or slide. No risk and no payoff. Next is heave it down field into the scramble. Low chance of payoff but almost no chance of disaster. I've never heard of a pick-six on a hail mary, such a thing is completely undocumented as far as I know. Throwing an backhanded laterial to your RB? Probably the riskiest thing possible and virturally no chance of points. Favre alone had probably half a dozen of these go for 6 the other way .

If its the last play of the half and you have no chance to score then you should at least never give the other team a chance to score. I see what you're saying, it was bad luck and it was the RB's fault, etc. But Romo had a decision to make and he chose the riskiest thing possible and the thing with least chance of scoring.

You hit the nail on the head. I have been around a ton of QBs that are currently playing and that was all was ever taught. Not natural instinct to hit the open guy. Its about decision making.

Its about risk. Sometimes the called play breaks down and the QB needs to think for himself. At that moment you have to balance your desire to have a big payoff with preventing a big disaster. So what were his options? The lowest risk options are throw it away or slide. No risk and no payoff. Next is heave it down field into the scramble. Low chance of payoff but almost no chance of disaster. I've never heard of a pick-six on a hail mary, such a thing is completely undocumented as far as I know. Throwing an backhanded laterial to your RB? Probably the riskiest thing possible and virturally no chance of points. Favre alone had probably half a dozen of these go for 6 the other way .

If its the last play of the half and you have no chance to score then you should at least never give the other team a chance to score. I see what you're saying, it was bad luck and it was the RB's fault, etc. But Romo had a decision to make and he chose the riskiest thing possible and the thing with least chance of scoring.
Sorry I missed this earlier, I understand what you, jb, ddec and a couple others are saying. But I have a feeling if this was Peyton Manning/Tom Brady that flipped the ball over to a RB to get to half time then there wouldnt have been a single word said about how it was there fault. Im by no means a romo lover at all, I might back him from time to time but more people put the blame on him than anyone else. its just the way it is, he gets blamed for almost everything, and in some cases he should be blamed but in others another qb from another team can do the exact same thing like a manning or brady and not a word will be said. Even of romo throws the hailrmary he would have had to thrown it 70 yards or more just to get it 5 yards deep in the end zone so it was just a stats play if anything.

Sorry I missed this earlier, I understand what you, jb, ddec and a couple others are saying. But I have a feeling if this was Peyton Manning/Tom Brady that flipped the ball over to a RB to get to half time then there wouldnt have been a single word said about how it was there fault. Im by no means a romo lover at all, I might back him from time to time but more people put the blame on him than anyone else. its just the way it is, he gets blamed for almost everything, and in some cases he should be blamed but in others another qb from another team can do the exact same thing like a manning or brady and not a word will be said. Even of romo throws the hailrmary he would have had to thrown it 70 yards or more just to get it 5 yards deep in the end zone so it was just a stats play if anything.

I wouldnt have cared if it was Joe Montana, Peyton Manning, Brady, or anybody else. It was a terrible decision and a terrible play call. It just so happens, that they DID NOT make a ridiculous mistake by checking down at halftime on a bad hail mary play call.

As for taking blame. He is the QB. They get the credit and the blame. That is the way it is.

ok now you've totally lost me. Are we talking about Romo-cism now? boo-hoo. It's ok to be a Romo fan but c'mon, he and the coaches made a bad decision. end of story and time to deal with it.

If you;re an NFL QB, you get more credit AND criticism than you deserve. comes with the territory and is a reason for the big money too.

ok now you've totally lost me. Are we talking about Romo-cism now? boo-hoo. It's ok to be a Romo fan but c'mon, he and the coaches made a bad decision. end of story and time to deal with it.

If you;re an NFL QB, you get more credit AND criticism than you deserve. comes with the territory and is a reason for the big money too.

Im sorry not sure what your saying? I called romo an idiot for about 10 throws during that game. Im not sure what you want me to deal with? I know that play should have never been called. I wasnt trying to make it sound like eveyone should stick up for him or anything like that, didnt mean it to come off like that at all.

So after Sunday's games which coaches are on the hot seat? I was watching last nights game and told my friend that if the Boys keep on looking this bad Wade would be a goner and that Jerry would be kicking himself because he had a shot at Shanahan which he didn't pursue. Another coach on the burner... Lovie in Chicago.

Lovie, Raheem Morris, Marvin Lewis, Gary Kubiak(sounds crazy after a big win right?), Wade Phillips, Eric Mangini, John Fox.

Maybe Tom Coughlin if they play as sloppy as they did yesterday and miss the playoffs.

Some of these are not based on yesterdays play

Lovie, Raheem Morris, Marvin Lewis, Gary Kubiak(sounds crazy after a big win right?), Wade Phillips, Eric Mangini, John Fox.

Maybe Tom Coughlin if they play as sloppy as they did yesterday and miss the playoffs.

Some of these are not based on yesterdays play

Can him!!!

So after Sunday's games which coaches are on the hot seat? I was watching last nights game and told my friend that if the Boys keep on looking this bad Wade would be a goner and that Jerry would be kicking himself because he had a shot at Shanahan which he didn't pursue. Another coach on the burner... Lovie in Chicago.
You would think the owners would take care of this at the end of a season, not the beginning of one.

Trade you Lovie Smith for Fox!!!!!!!!

We keep Mad Mike though.. HIs play calling was awesome (minus the goal line... that smelt like Ron Turner) and our receivers were in good spots.

I think Lovie will survive. We lucked out on a win but our offense moved the ball well just the lions coated the ball with grease. Can't prove it yet but that's my best guess to all the fumbles (Minus the hit on Cutler) lol. Cutty is the key though to Lovie's future. He plays well like he did yesterday and Lovie keeps his job. Wasn't perfect but he made some great plays.

Wade seems like a goner without a Superbowl. Carolina hasn't extended Fox have they?
Can him!!!

You would think the owners would take care of this at the end of a season, not the beginning of one.

Cmon Sean you know that it's a what have you done for me lately type league and there's no cycles to coaching.

I'll throw another one out there, Norv Turner.

I believe Fox is in the last year of his deal. I wonder how teams will deal with coaches with a potential lockout next year, or if that even plays a role in it.

Trade you Lovie Smith for Fox!!!!!!!!

We keep Mad Mike though.. HIs play calling was awesome (minus the goal line... that smelt like Ron Turner) and our receivers were in good spots.

I think Lovie will survive. We lucked out on a win but our offense moved the ball well just the lions coated the ball with grease. Can't prove it yet but that's my best guess to all the fumbles (Minus the hit on Cutler) lol. Cutty is the key though to Lovie's future. He plays well like he did yesterday and Lovie keeps his job. Wasn't perfect but he made some great plays.

Wade seems like a goner without a Superbowl. Carolina hasn't extended Fox have they?

No deal!!! hahah. I dont think as of right now they have extended his contract.
I believe Fox is in the last year of his deal. I wonder how teams will deal with coaches with a potential lockout next year, or if that even plays a role in it.

he is....go somewhere else and ruin someone elses team. hehe

Fine hahahah. Dude I like John Fox. He was great when they had him on Moving the Chains. Maybe he could bring Steve Smith with him when he lands in Chicago??????

calling Bill Cowher...Mr. Cowher there may be an opening close to home

You have to remember with a looming lock out and labor issues as the main reason a lot of these coaches still have jobs. I think Wade would have already been fired if not for the labor issues. Jerry knows his money

Kolb not ruled out of game against Detroit.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5567816

So it might be another week or 2 before vick gets the start? If kolb starts this weekend then I bet we see a few more plays for vick than we did when kolb was still in.

I agrtee Bridges, I think Reid saw some potential this weekend and won't want to waste some of that talent. Quite a good rebound game for him, showed some of that spark he used to have in Atlanta.

I thought they established Vick very early in the game. If they are going to use him as a spot qb in some packages I think he helped the team out immensely by showing others teams that he can throw the ball. If he can throw and run it makes him more difficult to game plan for.

Is Whitten a shell of his former pro-bowl self or am I crazy? Ok yes I am but Whitten just doesnt look the same and he hasnt since last year.

Is Whitten a shell of his former pro-bowl self or am I crazy? Ok yes I am but Whitten just doesnt look the same and he hasnt since last year.

Well, they ask him to block then run his route, by then Romo has already thrwn it or the Cowboys were already being Penalized.

They dont have enough time for him to chip the end, and run a route. The O-line is only good for about 2 seconds lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back