What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice round TC. hate those concrete bunkers!
i played today and had the strangest round of golf. the front nine was atrocious. shot a 43, but felt like i was hitting the ball just fine. i just ended up in places that you can't on this golf course and i suffered b/c of it. i really struggled getting out of the bunkers today. they were hard as hell and wet, so i was either leaving it in or thinning it out. the back nine was much better, shot an even par 36. i felt like i hit it just as good on the front as i did the back just wasn't getting into those awful situations. i'll take a 79 though.

I didn't actually play today, practiced instead. I had a great driving range session over lunch then after work went to the practice green with my daughter and played a really fun game I'd like to tell you all about. I gave her my ball on the practice green and told her to put it anywhere on the putting surface she wanted then from there told her to pick a hole, she would do so and sit down by the hole and hope for a 3 jack. I had to 2 putt or I owed her 25 cents. I lagged a few bombs to around 6 feet and made the 2nd putt, she was getting ticked so she started blowing on my ball and fake coughing during my stroke to throw me off. I am happy to report that I didn't 3 putt any, until I finally gave her a hint of a place to put the ball that would force me into rolling through about 25 feet of long fringe/fairway. I 3 putted that one. Fun game and a great way to waste some time with my daughter while we were waiting for my other daughter's dance class to get over.

i played today and had the strangest round of golf. the front nine was atrocious. shot a 43, but felt like i was hitting the ball just fine. i just ended up in places that you can't on this golf course and i suffered b/c of it. i really struggled getting out of the bunkers today. they were hard as hell and wet, so i was either leaving it in or thinning it out. the back nine was much better, shot an even par 36. i felt like i hit it just as good on the front as i did the back just wasn't getting into those awful situations. i'll take a 79 though.
How does a guy shoot so many rounds in the 70's still have a 9 hdcp? hmmmm? I kid.
Great job on that back 9 bro, you're killing it lately!

I didn't actually play today, practiced instead. I had a great driving range session over lunch then after work went to the practice green with my daughter and played a really fun game I'd like to tell you all about. I gave her my ball on the practice green and told her to put it anywhere on the putting surface she wanted then from there told her to pick a hole, she would do so and sit down by the hole and hope for a 3 jack. I had to 2 putt or I owed her 25 cents. I lagged a few bombs to around 6 feet and made the 2nd putt, she was getting ticked so she started blowing on my ball and fake coughing during my stroke to throw me off. I am happy to report that I didn't 3 putt any, until I finally gave her a hint of a place to put the ball that would force me into rolling through about 25 feet of long fringe/fairway. I 3 putted that one. Fun game and a great way to waste some time with my daughter while we were waiting for my other daughter's dance class to get over.

Sounds like a blast P4B. My daughters loved to putt, too bad they never took to golf, but there's still hope, haha. Don't be practicing ahead of time, that would be illegal.

2,976 yards 67.8/114

Played 9 holes last night after work on a whim. Shot a 46 with 16 putts while hitting 5 fairways and 4 GIR's. Driver was just ok when used but the 5w is becoming my go to club off the tee now. Used the 24's for the last time before my upcoming switch to the Burners (I think they knew this) and they were crisp. going to be hard to give them up. Thinned a few wedge shots at first but was able to scramble and get up and down really well. The putter was better but still felt a little tentative.

played a really quick 9 today
i was 2 over thru 5 when #6 kicked me in the teeth and ate my ball
4 pars
4 bogeys
1 triple :sad:
everytime i play "safe" golf it just kills me(see hole #6)
i almost dropped an 80footer... that baby hung on the lip by a single blade of grass

Man, an 80 footer and almost droped, got to love that bogey.

I cleaned my clubs like never before, even a light coat of wax just to shine those babies for the outing and then got one last chance to play, lol. So, I went out yesterday shooting 42/40 for 82 on the round. I didn't feel as if I played all that great for this course, pretty easy compaired to whats coming, but 40 on this back nine generally kicks my butt.

The best part was keeping up with a buddy of mine who hits the ball a ton. The guy hit one 301 yards, I was almost 40 yards behind him, and several not far off that. I was way back from him all round, but the short game kept us close. If a couple of those close putts would have dropped, we would have tied on the round.

Man, an 80 footer and almost droped, got to love that bogey.

I cleaned my clubs like never before, even a light coat of wax just to shine those babies for the outing and then got one last chance to play, lol. So, I went out yesterday shooting 42/40 for 82 on the round. I didn't feel as if I played all that great for this course, pretty easy compaired to whats coming, but 40 on this back nine generally kicks my butt.

The best part was keeping up with a buddy of mine who hits the ball a ton. The guy hit one 301 yards, I was almost 40 yards behind him, and several not far off that. I was way back from him all round, but the short game kept us close. If a couple of those close putts would have dropped, we would have tied on the round.

Uh oh, sounds like a contender for the putting contest!!!

Pretty solid playing there grampa Duey!

Thanks, but kind of doubt I can do that on a course like were about to see. Putting was solid, but burning the edges all day. I can't even imagine how fast those green are going to be and if we have some wind, wow.

I'll be giving putting lessons beginning Friday at 6:00 p.m. Line starts a the I - Bar :D

I'll be giving putting lessons beginning Friday at 6:00 p.m. Line starts a the I - Bar :D

Should I get drinks for everyone before the putting contest? lol.

On topic: the last round I was 2 over after 7 holes (back to back 3 putts to go from even to +2) then I proceeded to drink about 5 Double Rums during the rest of the round, and predictably towards the end of the round I fell apart. I think I shot 40/45 for an 85... I doubled the last 4 holes for an 85 ha!

I went out and played 9 holes with the wife last night. Now, she is an excellent golfer by nature, who never practices, and RARELY is the one to decide that it's time to go golfing.. That being said, she has been adamant about beating me on 9 holes this year, and I am starting to think it's going to happen sooner rather than later.

We were sent off on #10, which is 317 from the reds(ladies tees). She bombs one down the middle to about 125, then proceeds to knock her second one to about 15ft but sitting on the fringe at the top/back of the green. I manage to get on in two, but miss my 25 footer by a good foot, tap in for par, and watch her drain the downhill fifteen footer for birdie. Needless to say, her face lit up, and she had that look that said "tonight's the night" haha! She kept it pretty close until number 15, when she lost two drives well right in a backyard. I ended at 39, and she came in around 46.

Just got back from a morning front 9, shot a bismal 48. Started well being +1 after the first three holes, but then on the fourth hole joined up with a cart rider, and I think I felt rushed for the rest of the round. Couldn't make decent contact to save my life. Left or right, your guess would have been as good as mine. Not a good 9 holes.

I have a mission tomorrow night, so I'll be able to play 18 in the morning. Hopefully I got all the bad holes out of my system today...

Should I get drinks for everyone before the putting contest? lol.

On topic: the last round I was 2 over after 7 holes (back to back 3 putts to go from even to +2) then I proceeded to drink about 5 Double Rums during the rest of the round, and predictably towards the end of the round I fell apart. I think I shot 40/45 for an 85... I doubled the last 4 holes for an 85 ha!

5 double Rums and you still shot an 85? Thats awesome! You can be my DD anyday

A bit late posting this, but Sunday Mrs SAM and I went out for an afternoon 9. There's a Couples Scramble scheduled for next Sunday, and she wanted to get out and play again before then. We took our time and hit balls on the range and the putting green before playing. We headed to the Pine View 9, the newer 9 at our course. I was consistent - Saturday I shot 37/37-74, and I came back Sunday with another 37, a little disappointing because on holes 5-8 I was under 10 feet for birdie and made none of them. But, at the last I canned a 20 footer for par, so that eased that sting. Mrs SAM, who has played about a half dozen 9's this year w/o breaking 60, was pleased when I added her scorecard and it totalled 59. Then Tuesday we got a phone call saying the tourney was cancelled for lack of participants - RATS. Last year we finished 3rd and had great fun, but I guess we will have to do without this year. Next week we are going to Hilton Head and will likely play at Port Royal, so we have that to look forward to at least...

Well I got in 5 holes of golf and had to rush home as I just got home as a severe thunder storm brewed up , and just got home and the car in the garage as there was a small rope tornado dropped just 3 mies from where I was playing :shock:
Tornado sirens going off as I am Watching the TV and reports of 7" hail , lots of softball size hail all over the Wichita,ks area .

Well I got in 5 holes of golf and had to rush home as I just got home as a severe thunder storm brewed up , and just got home and the car in the garage as there was a small rope tornado dropped just 3 mies from where I was playing :shock:
Tornado sirens going off as I am Watching the TV and reports of 7" hail , lots of softball size hail all over the Wichita,ks area .

Dang ST, glad your safe. Get all that out of the area quickly, I'm headed your way tomorrow.

We are all down in the basement now as there is a tornado on the ground about 5 miles to the West of me in Derby Ks . Just waiting for the power to go out now :(

We are all down in the basement now as there is a tornado on the ground about 5 miles to the West of me in Derby Ks . Just waiting for the power to go out now :(

Stay low, lol. I know well what its like there. I lived in Derby for some time.

praying for ya Spray......

And now another tornado down in Mulvane , just south of me , as I live in Rose Hill , Good Ol' Tornado Alley .

Played 9 holes with the wife again last night (I played the tips, she played the fronts), and we were both 3 over after 6 holes. I decided to turn it on (as I refuse to lose to her - pride more than anything, she really is quite good-) and she started to falter on the last three as tehy are ranked as the three hardest holes on the course.

Came in at a 40 (+4) which is right on my handicap. I gave away a couple strokes on the first few holes that I would have liked to have back, but I've been pretty excited about my ball striking lately, so I am not about to complain. The only thing I want to complain about is that the last hole -par 4- plays at 479 from the back tees! I had about 190 into the green, and managed to scramble par from the front fringe.. Not my prettiest hole, but I'll take par there any day.

Wife struggled from there on out. Ended at a 45 and very disappointed she didn't beat me. I swear, it IS coming though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back