Apparently Yankee Fans are Criminals

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Makes sense and absurd all at the same time. I think this one sums up the NY Times so perfectly.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/16/nyregion/16caps.html?_r=1&hp

A curious phenomenon has emerged at the intersection of fashion, sports and crime: dozens of men and women who have robbed, beaten, stabbed and shot at their fellow New Yorkers have done so while wearing Yankees caps or clothing.

That makes no sense whatsoever. There's nothing to compare it to, no sample size, no control data and no context, it's meaningless.

Actually, to be fair, it does say 'No other sports team comes close'.

You mean the criminals aren't all wearing Barcelona football shirts? That's a shocker.

Who'd have thought the local team would be popular with locals.

interesting. and in the 80's/90's it was all people in Raiders gear......crime follows successful sports teams

interesting. and in the 80's/90's it was all people in Raiders gear......crime follows successful sports teams

Unless you are "the u" when crime follows you even when you suck.

• Admin
Unless you are "the u" when crime follows you even when you suck.

Paging Maurice C, your courtesy van is here.

2006-08-09-clarett2-large.jpg

Paging Maurice C, your courtesy van is here.

2006-08-09-clarett2-large.jpg

Now that's funny right there. That man is a laughing stock. It is unfortunate that he is the ONLY reason tOSU won that national championship.

Edit: I'll see your mo clarett and raise you one Ray Lewis.

Crazy article. Good read. The Yankees brand is just so large, that it's really no wonder everyone wears them n

Are the Bill's exempt?

Apparently the NYT's has no common sense

Then we don't have anything to worry about here in Kansas City!

But why is it still bad in Oakland? hehe

Someone wearing Packers clothing is likely to offer you a beer, a brat, and some cheese.

Then they stab you. With a cheese knife or a pair of grill tongs.

Kevin

While doing a consulting gig in NYC several years ago, I had the opportunity to attend a Yankees game. When we asked locals about getting to the stadium everyone of them said, "...when you get off the train, STAY ON THE MAIN SIDEWALK. DO NOT WALK AROUND THE NEIGHBORHOOD. STAY ON THE SIDEWALK WITH ALL THE OTHER PEOPLE!"

When I went to a Mets game, nobody said that.
When I went to an Orioles game, nobody said that.
When I went to a Marlins game, nobody said that.
I didn't even hear that about attending a Phillies game.
When I go to Rangers games, nobody worries about it.

I've never been to a Chicago White Sox game or Detriot Tigers game. :beat-up:

I don't have statistical data. I'm just saying....

I wonder if this is why Jay-Z is proud that "he can make a yankee cap more famous than a yankee can"

Back