An Overdue Thank You

Hanks

On the Fringe
Reaction score
Handicap
bOOBs
This is embarrassing to say the least but I owe JB and GG a big thank you. Why is it embarrassing? Because it's 2 months overdue. During the week of Fourth of July I was covering the AT&T National being held at Aronimink Golf Club here outside Philly for THP. While I was technically 'working' it felt anything but like work. I truly enjoyed all the running around the course, talking to various players, staff, etc and I really will not view another golf tournament the same way again. Ever.

One of my highlights was being able to follow Tiger the entire way of his 3rd round play. One time I was able to get less than 10ft away from him as he was teeing off on the 13th. As you can see I managed to get a great shot of him even though I was laying on my stomach on a grassy hill just off the tee box. This was with a basic lens, no zoom or anything as I was that close.

At the end of the tournament JB asked me to pick my favorite picture that I took while I was there. So out of the 700+ I snapped I chose this one of Tiger. not because it's Tiger but because of the focus he's showing before his shot. There were other better 'looking' pics that I took but this one just captures the 'it' that Tiger has and really stood out to me. After telling him this pic was my favorite, a few days later I get a delivery. I open up the tube and what's in it but a super-sized version of the pic I selected.

I told him I'd take a picture of it after I got the custom frame and post it on the Forum but after having it mounted I was so excited about the finished product that I immediately hung it up, forgetting to post about it. It wasn't until this weekend when I was redoing my office that I realized my mistake and I'm correcting it now.

Sorry for the lengthy post everyone but I wanted to take the time to properly thank JB and GG for their support and patience with me while I try to fit into the THP Family. They are truly some of the best people to work with and not for and I think that's what makes my gig so special.

IMG_0532.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_0533.jpg

You won't find classier people than JB and GG. They both just get it. Incredible write up thanks and an incredible pic.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

Aww there is no need for a thank you we were thrilled that you got to cover the event and we thought it would be cool to have a token to remember your first tournament as media. I hope you enjoy the pictures :smile:

What a great picture and gift. Thanks for sharing.

No sweat TH. We got it blown up on the metallic paper to really make it pop. It looks outstanding and you earned it. Busting your butt interviewing players, going from tour van to tour van meeting people, and following groups for 5 days may sound like a blast (and it is), but it is also hard work. Thank you again for all that you do around here to help make THP what it is.

Wow, what a great gift! Congrats Thanks!

Very nice!!!!! Great picture and a very thoughtful gift that I know you will always treasure.

Not really a Tiger fan, but I am a photography fan, and that is a fantastic shot. :clapp:

Great story...that's what sets this place apart!

Good stuff thanks and great shot. You did a wonderful spread and everyone here appreciates you and the hard work you did. Hard to beat a job like that and have JB & GG behind you!

Great gift and that was a great write up T. You fit in with the THP family perfectly, I am so happy to finally get to meet my THP 'brother' this weekend. I'm also looking forward to bringing in yet another member to this little family we've got going here when we hire on a new equipment tester/staff writer!

It seems like every other day someone on THP is doing something awesome for another member. The word 'community' is thrown around on websites of this nature very often, but I am pretty confident I've found one that far exceeds most others.

Congratulations to all of you for being so awesome. I'm extremely excited to be a part of something as giving as THP.

It seems like every other day someone on THP is doing something awesome for another member. The word 'community' is thrown around on websites of this nature very often, but I am pretty confident I've found one that far exceeds most others.

Congratulations to all of you for being so awesome. I'm extremely excited to be a part of something as giving as THP.

YOu are exactly right. The members of this community go far and beyond anything I have seen before and make this truly a unique place that is special.

Thanks to Thanks and what ya gonna say? I have not met JB & GG yet, however from the warm comments of those that have, you gotta love em !

That's a great shot "Thanks" and the gesture from JB and GG is equally impressive.
We do have a great community here.

Back