Official MLB Baseball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you imagine if Cals streak ended that way. Cal was the man.

Well Nolan Ryan said rangers would 92 games back before the season started. They need to go 11-7 in the last 18 games to do it. They have a good shot! sitting at 81-63 now. And more importantly Leading the angels by 8 games!

Gas,

Is this thread dead? Man, not one word about my Phils or Doc's 20th win! Its September and my boys are up to their old tricks. I may be being biased here, but I can't remember a team ever having a better first 20 days or so of September (17-3)! Would love to see a Phils vs. Rays rematch or Phils vs. Yanks rematch in the year's Fall Classic. I think with our triumvirate of aces, we're hard to beat in a 5 or 7 game series. Not to mention the homefield Uncle Cholly earned in the All-Star game.

Gas,

Is this thread dead? Man, not one word about my Phils or Doc's 20th win! Its September and my boys are up to their old tricks. I may be being biased here, but I can't remember a team ever having a better first 20 days or so of September (17-3)! Would love to see a Phils vs. Rays rematch or Phils vs. Yanks rematch in the year's Fall Classic. I think with our triumvirate of aces, we're hard to beat in a 5 or 7 game series. Not to mention the homefield Uncle Cholly earned in the All-Star game.

i love it! between here and facebook, i've never seen such team spirit. you are one hardcore phils fan, and i hope they make a great run this fall. would love to see them smoke the yankees in the WS!!!

Thanks TC, been a fan since birth and had to endure some awful seasons, but it makes this, the best time of my baseball watching life, all the more rewarding. We still need to get out and play. Fall temps should be upon us soon. Not sure how its still in the 90's down here. Glad you and the family had a blast at the outing.

i love it! between here and facebook, i've never seen such team spirit. you are one hardcore phils fan, and i hope they make a great run this fall. would love to see them smoke the yankees in the WS!!!

we don't want to see that TC

Thanks TC, been a fan since birth and had to endure some awful seasons, but it makes this, the best time of my baseball watching life, all the more rewarding. We still need to get out and play. Fall temps should be upon us soon. Not sure how its still in the 90's down here. Glad you and the family had a blast at the outing.

thanks man, we had a blast. yeah, i'm ready for fall type temps to cruise into the area. you just let me know dude, i'll be there in a minute.

good luck with the phils, i hope they make a nice run for you.

we don't want to see that TC

but of course we do! everyone does, except for you funny talking new yorkers, spank, and white rhino!

Gas,

Haha, the one bright spot is that I dont have to watch the Phils beat up on the Dodgers in the NLCS this year. We were officially eliminated last night.
I am still pretty excited about this postseason. I will be pulling for the Reds and Rangers.
As scary as your Phils 1-2-3 is, the only team that would have a chance with them in a 5 game series would be the Giants. If it were to end today it would be Giants/Phils. The thing that would worry me about the Phils, would be their bullpen and we know how important that can be in the post season.
Either way, it doesnt get much better then this time of year for a sports fan.

Knew I liked you! +1 on all of that........Doc should be at least 23-8 but he's had horrible run support almost all year. Phils are arguably the best team in baseball right now
Gas,

Thanks, from where I'm sitting there is no argument. : ) Agree on Doc too. Dude flat out pitches. He's been a pleasure to watch. Haven't seen his type of command his Tommy Greene's great year or Lefty when I was really young. Even Schill didn't have what Doc does.

Gas, would have agreed with you about 6 weeks ago, but Madson and Lidge (in save opps) have been untouchable since then. If we can get our starters through 6 or 7, I like Durbin, Madson and Lidge to wrap things up for us. One thing I wish we had was a reliable lefty reliever.... Hello, Scott Eyre, is it too late to get you on a post season roster?

I just wonder if Charlie will rest Halladay. The guy has already thrown 241 innings. There is a chance he could go over 300 if the Phils make it all the way.

Haha, the one bright spot is that I dont have to watch the Phils beat up on the Dodgers in the NLCS this year. We were officially eliminated last night.
I am still pretty excited about this postseason. I will be pulling for the Reds and Rangers.
As scary as your Phils 1-2-3 is, the only team that would have a chance with them in a 5 game series would be the Giants. If it were to end today it would be Giants/Phils. The thing that would worry me about the Phils, would be their bullpen and we know how important that can be in the post season.
Either way, it doesnt get much better then this time of year for a sports fan.

I knew deep inside that you were a rangers fan! haha

I just hope hamiltons ribs heel up before the post season.

Gas, would have agreed with you about 6 weeks ago, but Madson and Lidge (in save opps) have been untouchable since then. If we can get our starters through 6 or 7, I like Durbin, Madson and Lidge to wrap things up for us. One thing I wish we had was a reliable lefty reliever.... Hello, Scott Eyre, is it too late to get you on a post season roster?
Lidge has been pretty lights out the last two months. Im just trying to find some negatives to make me feel better. The last thing I want to see is Victorino celebrating. :act-up:

I knew deep inside that you were a rangers fan! haha

I just hope hamiltons ribs heel up before the post season.
As long as its not the Angels. The Rangers seem like the easy team to root for and I really like watching CJ Wilson pitch.

Gas, its a good observation. Halladay is a horse who can carry a large load, but skip will try and rest him when he can. If the Phils clinch before the Braves series and home-field is wrapped up, I'd bet Doc doesn't see the mound. That being said, Halladay has always wanted to pitch in meaningful post-season games and he'll be up for the playoffs.

Lidge has been pretty lights out the last two months. Im just trying to find some negatives to make me feel better. The last thing I want to see is Victorino celebrating. :act-up:

As long as its not the Angels. The Rangers seem like the easy team to root for and I really like watching CJ Wilson pitch.

Whats funny is, Cj was booed a ton last year because he struggled out of the bullpen sometimes and now this year he is starting and pitching good, now everyone loves him lol

Love seeing that Gas is still leading the anti-Victorino Club!

Love seeing that Gas is still leading the anti-Victorino Club!

How can you guys even like him? Who want a scrappy great defensive outfielder anyways? Im glad the Dodger lost him as a rule 5 guy.

He's a polarizing figure for sure. If he plays for you how can you not love him. Great speed, good hitter, great fielder, great baserunner, he is a rule 5, 5 tool gem. But if your team consistently gets beat by his and he could have been on your team if not for some bad organizational decisions, I guess he'd be easy to hate. His intensity is like that of Pete Rose and Lenny Dykstra rolled into one. There is no better team guy in the clubhouse though. And Vic has sort of become the ambassador for the Phils' confidence. Put it this way, when the Phils were 7 games back of the Braves and things were at their worst this year, he was coming to bat to Bob Marley's Three Little Birds. How can you not love that?

I still cant get over the "not my head bro" incident. And dont get me started on Werth.

I have said many times, while he's a scrappy player he palys with the mentality of a little leaguer and it shows at the worst possible moments
How can you guys even like him? Who want a scrappy great defensive outfielder anyways? Im glad the Dodger lost him as a rule 5 guy.

Scrappy is one thing, but he has been the start to many big innings. He manufactures runs and we don't have a whole lot of those guys on the squad. He's a born lead-off hitter.

Dont get me wrong, I would take him back in a second but as long as he is not a Dodger, I dont like him. He is a catalyst for sure.

How amazing is Oswalt at the Bank. Love that we have him locked up for years to come. 6 games up, now we just need to cement best record in NL for homefield advantage throughout.

How amazing is Oswalt at the Bank. Love that we have him locked up for years to come. 6 games up, now we just need to cement best record in NL for homefield advantage throughout.

Its too bad they couldnt get him that win last night. The guy is just dealing. He has only really had one shakey start in the last two months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back