My First Real Golf Tournament

Sean

Earthbound Extraterrestrial
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
I played in a Massachusetts Golf Association event yesterday. I was a bit nervous as I never played in a tournament outside of my practice facility and the tournament was set up to play from the championship tees, which was new for me. It was long. The course was a very nice private cc.

The wind was howling, the greens were extremely fast, and the pin positions were positively evil. hehe

I finished second in the net and missed finishing second in the gross by one stroke. I was very surprised. Overall I shot an 89 and had my usual blow up holes. I was very happy to play that well especially for such a long course, and under such windy conditions. [It was dangerous too: I hit one of my shots under a bunch of oak trees and was being pelted with acorns...man, those things sting!]

I played my home course today and shot my best round ever there shooting 37/40 with three birdies (of course I had a triple on the back). And for the first time I birdied the 440 yard par 4 ninth hole playing into a fairly brisk wind.

All great stuff. But this is golf so I will maintain a level head. LOL

ps: I've now played 72 holes of golf, outside of my home course, without losing a golf ball. Today, on my home course, I didn't lose a golf ball: unheard off as the course has hazards lining each fairway left and right on every hole (and around the greens) with hardly any rough.

Nice job, Sean! That sounds like a ton of fun. I think I will look into doing something like this in the next couple years.

Very cool Sean, great job on a long tight course. I wish I'd have played half that well in Florida with pretty wide fw's.

Well done on a tough course!

Wow, Sean, it sounds like you have really improved since you changed your screen name. Congratulations! Are you hitting the ball a lot farther than when you posted under the other name?

Kevin

Wow, Sean, it sounds like you have really improved since you changed your screen name. Congratulations! Are you hitting the ball a lot farther than when you posted under the other name?

Kevin
Yes Kevin, I've gained quite a bit of distance and my HI has dropped quite a bit as well. The past couple of days have been serendipitous. I'll be curious to see how this unfolds. :)

Great stuff Sean, glad to hear you're playing well, and handling the pressure of the tournament situation very well! Keep it up!

Kevin

Yes Kevin, I've gained quite a bit of distance and my HI has dropped quite a bit as well. The past couple of days have been serendipitous. I'll be curious to see how this unfolds. :)

Maybe I need to change my screen name lol

Congrats dude, I hope one day with a lot of hard work I will be able to post scores like that

Back