Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been doing some pre-OEM'ing today. Might have to wait a couple months, but they will be mine. After the outing I am sensing a pretty huge shift in my bag.

The taylormade shift. I'm familiar with it lol

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

I'm thinking of the wedges and driver change, but also some other things.

I'd also like to get a new iron set and change my hybrid/fwy set up somehow. I have two clubs I just don't really use that often.

I'm thinking of the wedges and driver change, but also some other things.

I'd also like to get a new iron set and change my hybrid/fwy set up somehow. I have two clubs I just don't really use that often.

lol, you just pretty much are changing out your whole bag bro!!! go ahead and just do it. no way you shouldn't have the ST w/miya silver and no way you shouldn't have the xft's. that pretty much leaves irons and hybrids. what spoke to you?

lol, you just pretty much are changing out your whole bag bro!!! go ahead and just do it. no way you shouldn't have the ST w/miya silver and no way you shouldn't have the xft's. that pretty much leaves irons and hybrids. what spoke to you?

Ah I know exactly what was speaking to Hawk in the iron area but shhhhhhhh cant talk about it yet.

Unless it was Burner 2.0's which would go along with the Taylor Made shift.

I found that they were weighted really well, had great turf interaction, good spin, were very versatile, and the KBS shafts were nice. On top of that, you only have to replace the face and not the whole wedge.

I'm right there with you... from the demo day, I think I could be happy gaming the Jaws, VREvs, CG15s and a couple others, but for the cost of a faceplate, I can play the XFTs for years with sharp grooves. I gamed the 60* on Sunday and hit some nice flops. I also had a bunker shot that had to carry about 15 yards of bunker to a pin less than 5 yards from the bunker. I took less sand (miracle I pulled that off), landed it about 10 feet past the whole, it bounced once and just stopped. Me and Fildini were just staring at the ball in disbelief, as it came out pretty low and we were both expecting it to roll out a bunch. Very happy with that wedge.

Ah I know exactly what was speaking to Hawk in the iron area but shhhhhhhh cant talk about it yet.

Unless it was Burner 2.0's which would go along with the Taylor Made shift.

Yep on the irons. Not sure on hybrids yet.

I think if I was pondering new irons after the demo day Id have a couple sets on my radar. The new Burner 2.0's, the Callaway X-24's and another set that cant be talked about just yet. And that last set was a real surprise. Along with the same hybrids by the same company.

Well I'm set with irons. Got the G15's to the range and they were just fun to hit. Since switching to blades I had not really gone after an iron shot instead always clubbing down and putting a smooth swing on the ball. Well went to the range today and was putting the usual smooth swings on them and getting some very good distance and accuracy. So to have some fun decided to try and nuke some irons. The range I go to is in my skycaddie which is cool so I know the distances to the flags. Was staring at the 155 flag and it just looked like it was daring me to hit a 9 iron. First one I hit was some crazy pull hook that might have killed a squirrel. Had not swung an iron that aggressively in a long time. So my next shot was just killed but it was a little too much of a draw and was about 10 yards left of the green. My next shot was stuck to about 5 feet. Was worried about whether or not I would I could flight the ball with these irons but with the KBS tours had no problems whatsoever. I now understand all the rage the G15's garnered. These are some fun sticks.

Call me crazy but I'm not really needing anything right now. Could use a new 60* wedge but not desperately. I am anxiously waiting for Titleist's new driver as I hear it is very nice and now has adjustable shafts like the TM's. Really want to try the C Kua's but have no one local that will carry them. May have to take a flyer on one off the bay. But the one thing I keep looking at is a backup set of irons. And I'm thinking of going back to the future and getting sets of clubs that I've already had. First one I'm looking at is the Armour 845s titaniums. Loved those irons and they can be had for a song now on ebay. Oh and I'm also going to get a pair of the True Tours. Really sweet looking kicks.

Doesn't everyone do it at one point in their career? ;)

I'm kind of going towards them. Have the Ghost putter(which I won here on THP), have an xft 60(may add the 56), now I'm looking at either an r9 460 or supertri.

i wouldn't argue against you! the r9 is a great choise! cant say anything about the xft since i've never tried one :)

Finally after hitting the whole new Mizuno line, I'm 80% positive that I'm going with a full set of MP-53s. The other 20% has me going with a combo set of 53/63.
Also I will be updating my wedges for the first time in a while. I love the low launch/high spin of the MP T-11. The new DG spinner wedge shafts are legit. Different looking for sure, but the numbers don't lie!

I'm kind of going towards them. Have the Ghost putter(which I won here on THP), have an xft 60(may add the 56), now I'm looking at either an r9 460 or supertri.

Uh huh. R9 with the loyal blue. Just like setho's

Uh huh. R9 with the loyal blue. Just like setho's

I'm just going to steal Setho's next time i'm in the area

I hit the MPT-11's for quite awhile at the outing. Great weighting to them and even saw a few range balls check up a bit to the quad cut grooves are for real.
Finally after hitting the whole new Mizuno line, I'm 80% positive that I'm going with a full set of MP-53s. The other 20% has me going with a combo set of 53/63.
Also I will be updating my wedges for the first time in a while. I love the low launch/high spin of the MP T-11. The new DG spinner wedge shafts are legit. Different looking for sure, but the numbers don't lie!

I hit the MPT-11's for quite awhile at the outing. Great weighting to them and even saw a few range balls check up a bit to the quad cut grooves are for real.

I quite liked those wedges myself. The stock grips are awful though. I should have taken them out to the course

I'm just going to steal Setho's next time i'm in the area

So that means you are coming down?

I quite liked those wedges myself. The stock grips are awful though. I should have taken them out to the course

is that what you were hitting during our mini wedge shoot out?

So that means you are coming down?

If things line up ok I'd like to try and get down there during the winter.

Yah, I wasn't to thrilled with the stock grips, so unfortunately for them(golf galaxy) shut down by me so I went and stocked up on my favorite grip. Picked up 40 of them. So I will be set for a while.

is that what you were hitting during our mini wedge shoot out?

If things line up ok I'd like to try and get down there during the winter.

Yep that's what I was demo'ing while you and Gus were there. I quite liked them.

Yep that's what I was demo'ing while you and Gus were there. I quite liked them.

If I remember right they were working pretty well for you...

If I remember right they were working pretty well for you...

Until JB came over and offered a little competition...that led to TC's triple hit haha

Until JB came over and offered a little competition...that led to TC's triple hit haha

there was no triple hit, there wasn't even a double hit. i hit it fat through that mat. the JB is what i like to call "relentless".

there was no triple hit, there wasn't even a double hit. i hit it fat through that mat. the JB is what i like to call "relentless".

Really? I always thought that if the clubhead hits the ball 9 times before the swing is complete, it is called something like a double hit. We might have to bring in some Pale Rider rules references. hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back