Taylormade Demo Day THP Outing Reviews

enough to consider a change from the cg15's?

doubt it, he was raving about the cg's, but then again, i'm not JB. the xft's didn't do much for me (i know they weren't there, but i've demo'd them). to me, it lacked greatly in the feel department compared to some others.

doubt it, he was raving about the cg's, but then again, i'm not JB. the xft's didn't do much for me (i know they weren't there, but i've demo'd them). to me, it lacked greatly in the feel department compared to some others.

nothing feels good when you double hit it...haha

I'm definitely throwing the 56 in my bag before the end of the season. I hit some good sand shots with the Tw9 over the weekend, only left 1 in the bunker and that was on that shared green hole on Sunday. I don't think I will get rid of her, probably keep it as a backup.

I actually felt these were the best feeling I've hit in awhile. But then again, they just may be better for all my misses lol.

nothing feels good when you double hit it...haha

I'm definitely throwing the 56 in my bag before the end of the season. I hit some good sand shots with the Tw9 over the weekend, only left 1 in the bunker and that was on that shared green hole on Sunday. I don't think I will get rid of her, probably keep it as a backup.

now, let's not forget who really did double hit, and it wasn't me! that rascal i call J-ust B-ogey laid the double tap down.

I actually felt these were the best feeling I've hit in awhile. But then again, they just may be better for all my misses lol.

it's a good wedge, don't get me wrong, and i like the weighting and the fact that you can change out the faceplate, but i preferred the feel of the JAWS and that Mizuno.

enough to consider a change from the cg15's?

No, but they wont be available for much longer and the face plate cost are a great way to keep wedges fresh.

No, but they wont be available for much longer and the face plate cost are a great way to keep wedges fresh.

any word if they are going to discontinue the faceplates? I know they can't sell the Z grooves after this year right?

The 52 I played was conforming and I didn't notice a bit of difference. I'm sure a more skilled golfer might feel differently, but to me they were the same.

Will the faceplate technology stick around?

We have been told yes.

I'm a little slow...

Yes to they are going to be discontinued? or Yes faceplate technology will stick around?

I 1st tried the Superfast driver than the 5W. There's a reason TM is #1 & I found that out. Both had a great feel & sound @ contact. I also thought both flew the ball on a good angle & went pretty straight for me considering a slice I have developed. At 1st I thought I wouldn't like the look down @ address of the head shape but the simple trademark & nice black finish gave me no concerns.
I hit the 7 & 9 irons of the 2.0's all I can say is WOW. The classic looks, alignment, the feel is just increditable. I know they have stronger lofts but I couldn't tell that they were.
Taylormade has made a believer out of me. when I can this is the clubs I'm going to have!!

I think I spent 45 minutes of my demo day hitting TM products. I have a love for their woods, they just are in a class of their own. Now, the 2.0's they maybe on my radar for irons now.

I'm kicking myself in the butt for not testing the SF Fwy stuff. Gah! I think TM was one of the big winners this time around.

I'm kicking myself in the butt for not testing the SF Fwy stuff. Gah! I think TM was one of the big winners this time around.

You should be! haha, man I am an R9 fwy guy over a SF. Personal preference, the sad thing is that they are both STUPID GOOD!!!

I liked the superfast 3w, I thought it got the ball up in the air quickly. Off the tee it was long, i don't know if I would need a driver if I had that in the bag.

i was going to ask what everyone thought of the superfast fwy woods. i've found nothing that i like better. i love it off the tee, love it off the deck. i'm hoping to optimize mine with an aftermarket shaft though.

i was going to ask what everyone thought of the superfast fwy woods. i've found nothing that i like better. i love it off the tee, love it off the deck. i'm hoping to optimize mine with an aftermarket shaft though.

I kind of wish they offered it in a 17 degree. I've gotten used to hitting that with my Launcher.

I kind of wish they offered it in a 17 degree. I've gotten used to hitting that with my Launcher.

i dare say the 18* 5wood would give you similar distance and results to that of your launcher bro.

I loved the 5w. It was as long as my Dymo 3w. I didn't have as much control but maybe that would have come in time. The feel and sound were phenominal. Really lightweight. I even saw someone smash a beautiful 3w shot.... Lol sounded like a rocket!

The THP Fall Golf Outing has concluded and one of the many features of the THP Golf Outings is a rather large demo day with more equipment than you could ever imagine for all of the people to try out. We provided notebooks, pens, and gear and ask that people give their thoughts on the equipment that they tried.

This thread will be devoted for the Taylormade Golf equipment that was out there.

SuperFast Driver
SuperFast TP Driver
SuperFast FW Woods
R9 Irons
R9 TP Irons
xFT Wedges
SuperTri Driver
R9 FW Woods
Burner 2.0 Irons
Ghost Putter

This is the list and we look forward to hearing everybody's thoughts that got to experience this incredible day of demoing equipment.

I tried the Burner 2.0 irons, the Super Fast FW and the R9 FW woods.

I really like the Burner 2.0 irons for the most part, which kind of surprised me because everything I was hearing up and down the line on Demo Day was how "hard" they felt when you hit them. I like how high my ball flight was with them and I have a pretty high ball flight to begin with. The extra length didn't bother me too much but I'm tall for a lady.

I didn't like the Super Fast FW. Probably because I don't have the game for them but I couldn't hit them at all. The ball felt like a lead ballon when I hit it.

I did like the R9 FW though. I have a R7 rescue and the R9 felt like a big brother to it. I would probably look seriously at a 3W in this line.

I didn't hit the drivers at the Demo Day but I'm scheduled to hit them tomorrow during a lesson while my coach and I look for a new shaft or new driver for me.

I loved the 5w. It was as long as my Dymo 3w. I didn't have as much control but maybe that would have come in time. The feel and sound were phenominal. Really lightweight. I even saw someone smash a beautiful 3w shot.... Lol sounded like a rocket!

smack into the water! haha, thanks man. best 3w off the deck ever, just didn't cut for me.

I'm sure there will be many more shots like that bro. The SF FW is a beast. I'm sad I didn't try the R9 fw.

I really need to lay out a plan for the next outing and the demo day haha.
smack into the water! haha, thanks man. best 3w off the deck ever, just didn't cut for me.

yeah, i think we just needed some more time. we had the same amount of time for the spring one but with a third of the people. i'm pushing for an all day demo day, b/c i think it would be more beneficial to the testers and to the companies represented.

TM is usually a highlight imo and i'm glad that many were able to enjoy their offerings.

Back