2011 THP Outing Questions/Suggestions

what you want me to ignore my job and post more today?
Spoiler
sounds like a plan!

I don't go back to work until next week.... it will be very different not being on THP that much, I've been spoiled so much these last couple weeks.... Something tells me, my work load will suffer greatly in the next, well, forever! I need me my THP!! :D

YOu would be surprised my friend. Demo day is very ver under rated until you go through one. Trust me, I was excited about it but when you are there, nothing else matters.

+1 on Demo Day. I'm still kicking myself for not taking full advantage of some things; especially after playing the Champions Course and realizing the things I thought I wanted to test out and take to the course before the outing were 180 degrees opposite what I really needed to be testing/taking to the course.

A thought, based on that experience, how hard would it be to sandwich the demo day between 2 days of golf? That way you could play a round of golf to see where your game is with the gear you own, THEN next day demo some cool gear that may take your game to next level/help with game on serious courses, and finally have another day of golf to take it to take some of the gear you tried out (obviously not any of the pre-release stuff) to another round.

I don't go back to work until next week.... it will be very different not being on THP that much, I've been spoiled so much these last couple weeks.... Something tells me, my work load will suffer greatly in the next, well, forever! I need me my THP!! :D

That is what my schedule is: spend all my time with THP and very little time at job.

+1 on Demo Day. I'm still kicking myself for not taking full advantage of some things; especially after playing the Champions Course and realizing the things I thought I wanted to test out and take to the course before the outing were 180 degrees opposite what I really needed to be testing/taking to the course.

A thought, based on that experience, how hard would it be to sandwich the demo day between 2 days of golf? That way you could play a round of golf to see where your game is with the gear you own, THEN next day demo some cool gear that may take your game to next level/help with game on serious courses, and finally have another day of golf to take it to take some of the gear you tried out (obviously not any of the pre-release stuff) to another round.

Mary I like the idea a lot, but I see two issues that some might have with it.

1. Demo being the 1st day means people could arrive at the hotel that day and still not miss golf.
2. Some want to demo new gear on the course for both days.

But we are open to doing it anyway you guys want.

I would think comming into the outing people would know what was lacking in their game simply by playing golf at their local courses.

I would think comming into the outing people would know what was lacking in their game simply by playing golf at their local courses.

What I thought I was really lacking in my game and what really was lacking in my game were two different things I found when I got a course like The Palmer and The Champions. Maybe it was just me.

Mary I like the idea a lot, but I see two issues that some might have with it.

1. Demo being the 1st day means people could arrive at the hotel that day and still not miss golf.
2. Some want to demo new gear on the course for both days.

But we are open to doing it anyway you guys want.

Yea, I thought about those downsides after I posted. I'm cool with anything we do as long as we get to do it!!

What I thought I was really lacking in my game and what really was lacking in my game were two different things I found when I got a course like The Palmer and The Champions. Maybe it was just me.

Playing courses like those are generally exceptions to the rules. Those were fantastic courses and very challanging looking a the slope and ratings. I would think putting in your bag what is best for the type of courses you regularly play would be the better option for you. just my opinion of course.

Yea, I thought about those downsides after I posted. I'm cool with anything we do as long as we get to do it!!

Like I said, we are open to whatever you guys want. We also have a couple of tricks up our sleeves.

Like I said, we are open to whatever you guys want. We also have a couple of tricks up our sleeves.

of course, wouldnt be THP without tricks

i just want an all day demo day.

I concur...at your own pace....no rush....it's like your 'free day'
i just want an all day demo day.

Playing courses like those are generally exceptions to the rules. Those were fantastic courses and very challanging looking a the slope and ratings. I would think putting in your bag what is best for the type of courses you regularly play would be the better option for you. just my opinion of course.

Since I travel with my clubs all the time and spend half my time on the course for business, I play all levels of courses on a regular basis. Like I said, probably just me.

So I just heard back from another resort that was on the "ehhh" list. Meaning I liked what they have to offer, but they were not going to be at the VERY top of my list if everything was equal. I was shocked when they were almost DOUBLE the cost of PGA National for the same stuff.

We are still working on it, and we do have a couple that are already in the maybe pile.

I agree with your concur, take advantage of all the equipment and get it all straight in your mind.

I liked the notepad and pen idea. Allowed me to take several good notes.

That is what my schedule is: spend all my time with THP and very little time at job.

I wish I could do that, unfortunately we are moving offices next week, so THP will probably have to take back burner.... :(

I'm on this as well. There were times where I just wanted to browse around and take my time since the experience from the first outing was to pace yourself. Having the one day demo gives folks options and in the end that's what some folks want is options.

one thing that slipped my mind, but would be nice...
If the location has a variety of food... I was kinda bored by the repetitive menu... I really enjoy food, and while the food was good this past weekend, the menu was the same everywhere!!

So I just heard back from another resort that was on the "ehhh" list. Meaning I liked what they have to offer, but they were not going to be at the VERY top of my list if everything was equal. I was shocked when they were almost DOUBLE the cost of PGA National for the same stuff.

We are still working on it, and we do have a couple that are already in the maybe pile.

JB this is just me talking but I really would not be terribly upset, and I don't think others would, if we went back to PGA National. If we make it a regualr thing we might get even more benefits tossed in. The service here was great, the golf was awsome our answer might be right in front of our faces. Again just my $0.02

I agree with your concur, take advantage of all the equipment and get it all straight in your mind.

I liked the notepad and pen idea. Allowed me to take several good notes.

I wished I had done that. I'm all for the full day demo, the first one here just went by too quickly. It started I tried a couple clubs and bam! It was over. I didn't get to try half the stuff I wanted.

If the location has a variety of food... I was kinda bored by the repetitive menu... I really enjoy food, and while the food was good this past weekend, the menu was the same everywhere!!

Good point Danilo!

JB this is just me talking but I really would not be terribly upset, and I don't think others would, if we went back to PGA National. If we make it a regualr thing we might get even more benefits tossed in. The service here was great, the golf was awsome our answer might be right in front of our faces. Again just my $0.02

I actually agree with both of you guys here. Danilo - That was my one big complaint too. I wish there was a larger variety of food choices.

WR - You may be right, we are working on details now to see but it seems everytime we get a quote back we keep comparing it to PGA National and what we got for the money there and most places are just not comparing.

I agree to an extent, but we must also remember that they do offer a completely different menu in Ironwood Grille right behind I-Bar, but it is an upscale restaurant. I agree though, I would like a few other choices. If I remember correctly, outside they also had a few other options.

Thanks WR. We are going to weigh all the options and pick a place that offers best bang for your buck for everybody. The good news, is that we know PGA National LOVED having each and every person there and definitely wants our group back again. THey said that avid golfers showed respect of the courses. That is a great thing to hear.

We also know that many want variety and to see other courses and resorts. For that we are working on other options. We hope that wherever we decide to host it, that people do realize that we are working (GG, myself, & TC) to find the best possible venue, at the best possible price for what we are trying to do.

Back