2011 THP Outing Questions/Suggestions

how would everyone feel about an itinerary that looked something like this:

friday: all day demo
saturday: am golf w/option for afternoon replay (at own expense) or chill or do whatever
sunday: am golf w/option for afternoon replay (at own expense) or chill or do whatever
monday: (for those who wish to stay an extra day) ryder cup format!!! we'll draw teams, evening them out as much as possible based on hcp. if enough are interested JB's trying to secure an official shirt sponsor for each team, and the winning team wins some shwag!!!!!

thoughts?

I lke this too. I am already in favor of the three day vs 2 day, but the fourth day would be a fun group activity.

I liked the fact that we just played in groups and not a competition, but a little organized group competition would be really fun.

Now that I think about it, it is a great idea, and another great way for us all to talk good smack like only we can do!

saturday: am golf w/option for afternoon replay (at own expense) or chill or do whatever
sunday: am golf w/option for afternoon replay (at own expense) or chill or do whatever
monday: (for those who wish to stay an extra day) ryder cup format!!! we'll draw teams, evening them out as much as possible based on hcp. if enough are interested JB's trying to secure an official shirt sponsor for each team, and the winning team wins some shwag!!!!!

thoughts?

That would be a lot of fun- are you thinking singles heads up or doing fourball? Either would be a blast!

I have never played a match play format before!

That would be a lot of fun- are you thinking singles heads up or doing fourball? Either would be a blast!

I have never played a match play format before!

i guess it depends on how many we have for the 4th day, but i do know it was fun going head to head with JB, for about 14 holes anyway.

thoughts?

I'd be so staying for the extra day!!!

I guess that would all depend on the cost of the resort. But it sounds like it could be fun

Love the idea!

I guess that would all depend on the cost of the resort. But it sounds like it could be fun

I think I could live on ramen noodles and easy mac for a few months if it meant getting to play match play style with fellow THPers

thoughts?

Ummmmmm....LOVE IT!!!!!

thoughts?

Sounds great, I would for sure for stay the extra day. After reading all the posts about the great time you guys just had, I cant wait for the next outing!

not a bad idea depending on how many stay on Monday

I agree to an extent, but we must also remember that they do offer a completely different menu in Ironwood Grille right behind I-Bar, but it is an upscale restaurant. I agree though, I would like a few other choices. If I remember correctly, outside they also had a few other options.

iBar, Wave (pool bar) and the bear trap all had the same food I believe ( i never ate at the bear trap)
19th hole was not different from what I remember, the only other option was Ironwood (costly, but looked very nice)

JB Holmes will prolly be available

Wonder if he will bring his 2011 Masters Champion Jacket with him? :D

good call ddec! I think we may have an accepted challenge one day! Might not be for the Ryder Cup event thingy but oh yes.

thoughts?

If timing is finally right with me, I'll be all over it! I'd hope to play as many rounds as I could till I dropped and the Ryder Cup idea sounds awesome! These outings seem to always land on weekends that I'm required to do something important.

so...after finally catching up on this thread, I will throw in a couple more comments from my perspective:

• PGA National did a fantastic job. I know there are a lot of people that want another shot at those 2 courses.
  • How about a $10 coupon to the Iron Grille?? Could get people to try out that restaurant a couple more times instead of the Bear Trap
  • While I know they want to keep you on site, how about a special rate for a taxi for THP'ers to head to the mall??
  • I think the early notification of the outing helped some people secure some better/cheaper flights
  • I was worried that not having a vehicle would hamper, but the all inclusive resort was awesome!!

Bama

Ummmm. Nothing is more important than a THP Outing...hehe

Ok, let me rephrase... weekends that I'm required to do something important and they set their date first. :wink:

Right now I have nothing planned for either spring or fall so it's all good!

thoughts?

Count me down there. Is this North vs South? (Excluding the Foxworthy twang). North would be at a disadvantage with that rough, but were sure a lot better looking doing it.

Great ideas, bring it on!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

they already do

Spoiler
it's called throw as many people into a cab as possible so the cost per person is low

so...after finally catching up on this thread, I will throw in a couple more comments from my perspective:

• PGA National did a fantastic job. I know there are a lot of people that want another shot at those 2 courses.
  • How about a $10 coupon to the Iron Grille?? Could get people to try out that restaurant a couple more times instead of the Bear Trap
  • While I know they want to keep you on site, how about a special rate for a taxi for THP'ers to head to the mall??
  • I think the early notification of the outing helped some people secure some better/cheaper flights
  • I was worried that not having a vehicle would hamper, but the all inclusive resort was awesome!!
Bama

Back