Official Ryder Cup Thread [Spoilers]

Jeff Overton. If I were Pavin I'd have him sitting the bench until Sunday but I know that is not likely. Fowler will rock I think, he's young and a go getter so he's going to love this atmosphere. Bubba might be a little nervous but I think he'll be fine too. Overton on the other hand will likely piss and moan his way around the course and that scares the hell out of me.

Geez I almost forgot about Overton. I think the more I look at it, the more I like team Europe right now. I am hoping Fowler is awesome!!

I thought it was cool that Overton came all the way to FL to hang out with us last weekend. Much cooler guy than advertised, imo.

I thought it was cool that Overton came all the way to FL to hang out with us last weekend. Much cooler guy than advertised, imo.

I thought so too. Glad to see even a pro like him had issues in the wind on Saturday. He also endorses the divot mat

DIVOT MAT!

I thought so too. Glad to see even a pro like him had issues in the wind on Saturday. He also endorses the divot mat

Hes not near as bad in person as he seems on TV either. I tried a few putters with him, that was cool.

Hes not near as bad in person as he seems on TV either. I tried a few putters with him, that was cool.

but he's a horrible brother.

Hey guys, thanks for all the Ryder Cup support. I will do my best to make the U.S. proud. I will Tweet as much as possible - Jeff Overton

Good luck hunting those Euro cougars, Jeff!

Hey guys, thanks for all the Ryder Cup support. I will do my best to make the U.S. proud. I will Tweet as much as possible - Jeff Overton

haha, go get em' jeff. don't let them euros try to make out with you, they're into that type of thing.

Hope its not as windy over at Celtic Manor as it was PGA National. I saw how the wind affected your game and overall attitude towards golf...haha

Last I heard it was really soupy wet and now the wind is back at it and could last for some time. You better bring some of those nail spikes Jeff!

not wet or windy at the moment but forcast some heavy showers later.

Is it Ryder cup week? Am I excited? Are the practise rounds underway? Is this gonna be awesome?

Early practice round news, only 3 Euro pairings known at the mo tho but it's

Rory/GMac
Tubby Lee/Kaymer
Molinaris (shock that one)

I hope the US guys go by the silliest names together..plenty of choice after all; just a shame it can't be Bubba and Boo but Tiger/Hunter would do I guess.

Update

USA practice pairs - Stricker & Z Johnson/Mahan & Woods, Kuchar & Cink/Furyk & Overton, Mickelson & Fowler/D Johnson & Watson

Europe practice pairs - McIlroy & McDowell/Molinaris, Westwood & Kaymer/Jimenez & Hanson, Poulter & Fisher/Donald & Harrington

DJ and Bubba would be amazing to follow. Westwood and Kaymer are gonna be a brutal pairing.

Update

USA practice pairs - Stricker & Z Johnson/Mahan & Woods, Kuchar & Cink/Furyk & Overton, Mickelson & Fowler/D Johnson & Watson

Europe practice pairs - McIlroy & McDowell/Molinaris, Westwood & Kaymer/Jimenez & Hanson, Poulter & Fisher/Donald & Harrington

thanks for the update!

i must admit, i kinda like our pairings:

stricker/ZJ = surgical precision and solid putting
mahan/woods = team foley
kuch/stewie = GT alumni, comfort level
furyk/my brother = POY and even keeled reigns in the hot head, inspires good golf
mickelson/fowler = shot makers delight! prolly the group that will most likely put the most pressure on their oponents
DJ/bubba = not even a european cannon could keep up with these two! you take your long irons and we'll match them with our scoring clubs!!!

dude, i'm getting so excited for a good ol' fashioned beat down.

Those pairings look very natural to me TC, you have a smart captain and he will squeeze every ounce he has out the team I'm sure.

I'd be less confident if these guys in Mizuno's Facebook comp was in charge though. You have to predict the result of the Cup match and how many points Luke will score and win a set of irons.....I'm not so hopeful for the geniuses that has Europe winning it 15.5 - 13.5 or 16-13 but the winners must surely be the two guys who have used all their insight to predict a 15.5-14.5 win for mighty Europe.

Maybe they could share the irons...that'd be 6 clubs each right?

This is looking closer and closer as the countdown continues. Those US pairings look solid. Except for Bubba and DJ, on this course. Course is set up for a clever game, and you've really got to keep it out of the thick stuff. Foursomes could be a problem for them.
Or they could prove me wrong and bomb it straight every single time!
Stricker/Johnson and Cink/Kuchar could be big trouble for us, if they're go out firing in the right order.

There's not too many surprises on the Euro lineup today. Who'd have guessed GMac/Rory pairing? Shock! Or the Molinaris playing together!? Got to play to our strengths though. Splitting either of these 2 up would be madness.

i too am a bit concerned about the DJ/bubba pairing but we'll see. the westwood/kaymer pairing would be an absolute sledgehammer!

is it here yet? lol

i too am a bit concerned about the DJ/bubba pairing but we'll see. the westwood/kaymer pairing would be an absolute sledgehammer!

is it here yet? lol

Assuming Westchoke's leg stopped leaking gravy.

I actually read that Stricker and Woods were playing together and that Mahan and Zach were playing together. I wonder if Pavin is using the pod setup that Paul Azinger used so successfully last time around, it kind of looks like it to me in the groupings that everyone is playing in.

Back