Official Ryder Cup Thread [Spoilers]

Ah, it's going to be sweet to see the 'world's' top athlete's getting their butts handed to them by a chubby choke artist. :wink:

Ah, it's going to be sweet to see the 'world's' top athlete's getting their butts handed to them by a chubby choke artist. :wink:

You are right Phil will be laying down the hammer to Kaymer and Gravy McWestChoke.

Time for me to get involved (but can't be bothered to read 38 pages of posts).

Europe to win...end of!! :D

Time for me to get involved (but can't be bothered to read 38 pages of posts).

Europe to win...end of!! :D

Spoken like a true euro fan.....discount all the prior banter and just predict a victory? I love the polite smack talk, it's very noble and queen like.....ha!

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

Why are you on feeding duty for Westwood? Or better yet, Flossing duty?

You not seen any of him recently? Looking remarkably thin. In any case, you can't argue with his Ryder Cup record (14-10-5). The only veteran player you boys have with a positive win/loss ratio is Hunter Mahan (2-0-3).

IMO, Woods is possibly one of the worst team players I've ever seen. He might do ok in the singles but foursomes/fourballs he'll implode. Unless they're paying him lots of money, lol.

Spoken like a true euro fan.....discount all the prior banter and just predict a victory? I love the polite smack talk, it's very noble and queen like.....ha!

"One doesn't like to partake in frivolous verbal exchanges" (yeah right, bring on the banter :D)

You are right Phil will be laying down the hammer to Kaymer and Gravy McWestChoke.

haha. Phil looks too concerned that his tan is fading today!

You not seen any of him recently? Looking remarkably thin. In any case, you can't argue with his Ryder Cup record (14-10-5). The only veteran player you boys have with a positive win/loss ratio is Hunter Mahan (2-0-3).

IMO, Woods is possibly one of the worst team players I've ever seen. He might do ok in the singles but foursomes/fourballs he'll implode. Unless they're paying him lots of money, lol.

Of course he looks remarkably thin. They just drained 8 pounds of gravy from his leg. ANd he has been stuck over there and not able to eat the food here.

As for Woods, I agree quite a bit. But no more than Paddy. The huge advantage you guys have is the guy named Paul Casey. Oh wait, Monty McDoubtfire forgot how to count to 10 and left him off the team because of spite.

"One doesn't like to partake in frivolous verbal exchanges" (yeah right, bring on the banter :D)

haha. Phil looks too concerned that his tan is fading today!

boom! love it! i feel like i'm getting shmack talked by a butler or a nanny.

don't worry about phil paulo, he'll be ready to bring it. he knows that i get your avatar for 90 days, so he's pulling out all the stops. i must be honest though, i am a huge westwood fan so i won't talk much trash about that guy, but your captain, he's a completely different story. how do you think that he'll be able to juggle his captaincy and nursing at the same time? it could create a problem.

how do you think that he'll be able to juggle his captaincy and nursing at the same time? it could create a problem.

You've seen those things he already juggles - he'll manage it easily. Watch for him running down 18 topless on Sunday, in all his manly glory, celebrating a great victory with copious amounts of man hugs for the team.

I've not even started looking for your avatar yet TC. I'm waiting to see who knocks the most stuffing out of your pride this weekend! :wink:

The one thing I struggle with is Monty telling the world that he picked Paddy over Casey due to his matchplay prowess. That's just not accurate at all!

You've seen those things he already juggles - he'll manage it easily. Watch for him running down 18 topless on Sunday, in all his manly glory, celebrating a great victory with copious amounts of man hugs for the team.

I've not even started looking for your avatar yet TC. I'm waiting to see who knocks the most stuffing out of your pride this weekend! :wink:

The one thing I struggle with is Monty telling the world that he picked Paddy over Casey due to his matchplay prowess. That's just not accurate at all!

no, no it's not, and that's why i think he'll fumble this like he has so many tournaments on this side of the pond. i believe in a natural balance in things and his ego and his spite determined a pick rather than what may be best for the european team. it'll come back to haunt him in a big, big way, and i would be worried if i was rooting for that squad.

Uugh, don't get me started on the Casey issue! I can't remember the last time Padraig made the cut let alone a top 10, then again what has Casey done...oh yeh, almost win the Fed Ex and generally played great golf for the last 2 months.

Unless Harrington magically turns it around I'll personally be hunting down Monty with the pencil he used to write down the picks and inset it somewhere painfull.

Thankfully I've got every faith in the Molinari's, the Mac's, Kaymer etc...

PS. another omen...whilst me and my mate were over in Vegas we played a mini 9 hole ryder cup fourball against a couple of local americans. We won 2&1, not looking good for you boys ;)

As long as the Monty is running the other squad I think they should be worried.

I Disagree!

PS. another omen...whilst me and my mate were over in Vegas we played a mini 9 hole ryder cup fourball against a couple of local americans. We won 2&1, not looking good for you boys ;)

That's it decided then. Everyone knows this works, and it's official.

Casey has a great record in the world matchplay too, and Paddy's been dumped out in the first round for the last 2 years (IIRC - Pat Perez and JM Singh)

That's it decided then. Everyone knows this works, and it's official.

Casey has a great record in the world matchplay too, and Paddy's been dumped out in the first round for the last 2 years (IIRC - Pat Perez and JM Singh)

both perez and singh are formidable opponents, lol. poor old paddy, two years ago he was the european jugernaut to dethrone the mighty tiger and now he has to play a firecracker of a round of golf to make it on the first page of a european tour leaderboard. he's gonna get whipped like a red headed step child.

LOL at Monty running around shirtless. The image has burned into my brain.

Love all the banter and trash talking but too bad we wont see any of the ryder cup until after its already happened.

Love all the banter and trash talking but too bad we wont see any of the ryder cup until after its already happened.

what? you aren't getting up at 2:30 friday morning to watch it live? i will be for sure. this only happens evey two years dude.

Maybe if you guys had normal time then it would be on during the day. pffft. :wink:

I've got Friday off work and imposed a ban on the better half. She walks in front of the TV once and I'm throwing her out!

Maybe if you guys had normal time then it would be on during the day. pffft. :wink:

I've got Friday off work and imposed a ban on the better half. She walks in front of the TV once and I'm throwing her out!

paulo, you are a man's man. awesome post :)

haha, that's classic!

i've been chatting with OEM about the beatdown the euros are gonna take. you're all way to confident!

Back