SuperTri vs. Superfast TP

EJ333

Reaction score
Handicap
Met a guy at a sporting goods store in the golf section. Turns out he and I use the same club fitter. I told him that I hit the SuperTri, and it turns out, so does he. He used to hit a Superfast TP, but couldn't hit his normal draw. He took it to our club fitter to find out that the club face was open 3* so no wonder he could only hit 8 yard fades. He strongly recommended to me to give the Superfast TP a try, because his golf buddies are hitting it a good 15 yards farther. He told me I should have the club head measured to achieve the one degree open I desired, before I buy.
Do any THP'ers that have hit both have a preference ?

Here are our driver shoot out results.

http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=7079

I think you will find tons on here that have hit both and many have differing opinions on what they like more.

You can also read our review of each driver on the home page as we have reviewed both of them in the last 6 months since their release.

what is the difference between the SuperTri TP and the SuperTri? I know the TP comes with a motore F1 shaft as opposed to the regular Motore that is in the SuperTri.

Only difference I see is the shaft. You can get a the Motore F1 or a few other options with TP.

Only difference I see is the shaft. You can get a the Motore F1 or a few other options with TP.

Kind of what I figured, I know I asked you that in a PM the other day. Wanted to see if anyone else had thoughts on it.

Are the TP shafts not quite a bit better than the regular shafts?

Depends on who is using it. Shafts are all up to who is using it. In my opinion choosing the TP in the SuperTri should only be done if you are fit for one of the shafts that they offer. Otherwise save the hundred bucks and get the regular and then get fit for a shaft.

Different strokes for different folks. Get actual numbers off a monitor. ST TP and ST no difference except for shaft options at point of sale. Some people like the lighter driver option some don't. It's about the feel and balance.

try to go hit them both, proof is in the numbers. When I was fitted I got slightly better numbers with the SF and spec'd it with a 45" shaft and had the head done at 1* open which to me is visually square. The SF is a bit more forgiving according to my fitter but the adjustability of the R9 is a nice feature. Both clubs are great.

try to go hit them both, proof is in the numbers. When I was fitted I got slightly better numbers with the SF and spec'd it with a 45" shaft and had the head done at 1* open which to me is visually square. The SF is a bit more forgiving according to my fitter but the adjustability of the R9 is a nice feature. Both clubs are great.

Did he give you a reason for why he feels it is more forgiving? I have found it the other way actually for my game. Curious on this one.

@EJ33
Currently I"m in Taiwan away on family related business. I still find myself cruising my favorite Golf Forum just because. My keyboard in front of me is COMPLETLY in chinese without any english letters, so there was no way I was going to respond to anything. Actually there are two things golf related that would bring me to fight this stupid keyhboard to respond. They are : the TM Superfast and the Srixon Z.
I've had both drivers and I love both but the Superfast was better for me. The numbers didn't lie at the swing monitor. I gained about 5 Mph in the swing speed (sorry forgot ball speed improvement), and I gained about 7-10yards in Carry. Roll is somewhat dependent on course conditions. I do really appreciate the customibility with the superTri/r9 series. In fact I've kept my motore f1 shaft incase I ever decide to go back. (which I wont, i'm just lieing to myself and I'm a pack rat)
BTW the SF is lighter and it WILL throw you off at first. I found swinging slower (smoother?) actually really improved my drives at first. Once I got used to the weight I can really rip into it now.

Now get yourself a yhellow srixon to put in front of that driver and you'll be set. :D

^^^^^

Now that is dedication and we love it. Thanks Snap.

The only difference btw the regular and the TP is the shaft, the head is the same. There is about 10 different shafts that you can get but if you want a more customized one, just get the regular and save your self the money. My supertri should be here within the week, can't wait. IMO the best driver head on the market.

I have the Superfast TP and love it. I gained about 10-15 yards of distance and it also helped to eliminate my hook. I haven't hit the supertri so I can't do a comparison there but i love my Superfast TP

Nothing too specific other than he said off center hits went a bit further. I recently got a gently used 10.5* supertri driver and I will be putting the same shaft I have in my SF and doing alot of comparison testing.

Did he give you a reason for why he feels it is more forgiving? I have found it the other way actually for my game. Curious on this one.

Nothing too specific other than he said off center hits went a bit further. I recently got a gently used 10.5* supertri driver and I will be putting the same shaft I have in my SF and doing alot of comparison testing.

Hmmm. That is exactly why I went with the SuperTri. Different strokes for different folks is never a bad thing.

agreed.

Hmmm. That is exactly why I went with the SuperTri. Different strokes for different folks is never a bad thing.

I am currently using a Superfast TP and LOVE IT! Straight bombs and good roll. Just match it with a good shaft to your swing and you will not regret it

Back