Thoughts on Wager Welch'ers

I guess I kind of am. I mean you lost this bet and didnt pay. You have a fool proof system. Win and collect, and lose and do nothing. Seems like a great time.

zing!!!

bama, i don't need you to send me any money, b/c honestly, i'm not that guy. the intention of this thread was more an act of jabbing at you, giving you a hard time, having a little fun with you. the only reason i did it is b/c you made our bet public on here, and when you came into the ibar after the champions course round, the first thing you said was, "no way i'm buying all of your beers tonight". so you set the tone, not me, and there was more than one person around who heard you say that. it really isn't a big deal dude, it's just what we do, we talk smack, and everyone that has met you and i know that we have a fun way of going at it.

Well..I guess there will have to be an agreement to disagree then, because that is not how I remember it going down...:nono:
And just as a side note..I dont remember consuming any mind altering refreshments on the course, before coming into the clubhouse.... :party:
(just saying)

Well..I guess there will have to be an agreement to disagree then, because that is not how I remember it going down...:nono:
And just as a side note..I dont remember consuming any mind altering refreshments on the course, before coming into the clubhouse.... :party:
(just saying)

dude, you're calling JB out, then you're saying that you didn't say things that i, and others, heard you say. you're welch'ing in a thread about you welch'ing.

I guess I kind of am. I mean you lost this bet and didnt pay. You have a fool proof system. Win and collect, and lose and do nothing. Seems like a great time.

Its ok..I understand... as the Forum Owner you would not want to get shown up by someone of my stature/caliber at your THP function....
And you are absolutely right..If I were in your shoes, I would take the same route...

Dont worry JB, I wont come looking for you at the next outing....(I will let you take TC down to get your drinking money)

Actually bama, something is concerning me about your "version" of the events. According to you, TC said "dont worry about it" when you first saw him. But then after you hid, I mean swam and showered, and saw him leaving with his bags, why not yell "hey tc".

And then to take it a step further, it has been QUITE a while now and there have been countless threads of how great the trip was, how great the resort was, how much you hated tipping 18%, how everybody hopes they can make the next one, and yet you never once said "I lost to TC, but did not get a chance to settle up with him". (Heck, there were two pages of talk about TC losing to me) Until of course this thread appears. Then its no, TC said it was fine. No, TC already had a beer. Wait, he was leaving with his luggage. But I really dont owe him. Wait, I was swimming. Im from Vegas. Wait, where is JB, I will challenge him and avenge this loss.

I made 2 bets at the outing, both with TC. I wont those bets and he paid immediately.

Actually bama, something is concerning me about your "version" of the events. According to you, TC said "dont worry about it" when you first saw him. But then after you hid, I mean swam and showered, and saw him leaving with his bags, why not yell "hey tc".

And then to take it a step further, it has been QUITE a while now and there have been countless threads of how great the trip was, how great the resort was, how much you hated tipping 18%, how everybody hopes they can make the next one, and yet you never once said "I lost to TC, but did not get a chance to settle up with him". (Heck, there were two pages of talk about TC losing to me) Until of course this thread appears. Then its no, TC said it was fine. No, TC already had a beer. Wait, he was leaving with his luggage. But I really dont owe him. Wait, I was swimming. Im from Vegas. Wait, where is JB, I will challenge him and avenge this loss.

I made 2 bets at the outing, both with TC. I wont those bets and he paid immediately.

Its ok..I understand... as the Forum Owner you would not want to get shown up by someone of my stature/caliber at your THP function....
And you are absolutely right..If I were in your shoes, I would take the same route...

Dont worry JB, I wont come looking for you at the next outing....(I will let you take TC down to get your drinking money)

Stature of the Travlocity Gnome? Im confused.

WHy in the world would someone make a wager with you when you still have not paid the last one?

huh? JB was fun to bet with. and if he would've lost, he would've posted about it, and i would've given him a good rib'ing and he would've been a good sport. maybe he doesn't want to bet with you b/c he was sitting right there when you came in and said that you weren't going to buy my beers saturday night?

maybe he doesn't want to bet with you b/c he was sitting right there when you came in and said that you weren't going to buy my beers saturday night?

Yeah, well there is that. But in reality, I was always taught by my father to not ever, under any circumstances, EVER bet with

Spoiler
a leprechaun

Last post on this topic for me
You missed the part about me having a real job to get back to. Go and look at how many forum posts I have made since the trip?? hardly any...no transcribed notes from demo days, no pics about the putter I won..nothing...
And you know that is not like me.....
I did not know this post existed until another forum member mentioned it to me....
People are sitting here dogging me thinking I am hiding when I didnt even know the post was started. someone could have at least sent me a PM to let me know...
I wish I could sit and post at THP all day, but I am not afforded that luxury. (as a matter of fact, I am sitting here posting now, and working a Lego project with my 7yr old, before heading to a parade at 8am with my family...)
then its off to a birthday party before hosting the Alabama/FL game tonight....

yeah..I am hiding....(its called a life...be it a Gnomish or leprechaun one))

I bet that no more bets will be welched on after this thread

bama, i didn't start this to bash on you, it was more of a way to have a friendly dig at you, mostly b/c i'd been enduring days of "you lost to JB and put a 12 on the card on the 18th". it never upset me, it's part of the fun and i know that i was receiving friendly ''you lost" banter. it really doesn't matter to me anymore, obviously you're taking this much further than was ever intended, which tells me that you know you welch'd.

why on earth would i send you a pm before i started this thread. i thought it would be fun. and i'm glad that someone informed you of the thread (thanks rhino) so you could come in and defend yourself, but you didn't have to defend yourself. come in here and laugh about it.

this is my last post in here as well, b/c obviously, feelings are getting hurt.

Hey, I won $3.50 in yesterday's round! That's big cash around these parts, I won $4 of it in greenies and lost .50 in a low ball/low total match. I partnered up with my brother in law who's a beginner and we played a couple of mid to high 80's shooters, low total was a lost cause for us but I figured that I'd keep us in the match with low ball but the triple and 2 doubles I had on the back 9 ended up being the difference.

OH, and all bets were immediately paid off.

bama, i didn't start this to bash on you, it was more of a way to have a friendly dig at you, mostly b/c i'd been enduring days of "you lost to JB and put a 12 on the card on the 18th". it never upset me, it's part of the fun and i know that i was receiving friendly ''you lost" banter. it really doesn't matter to me anymore, obviously you're taking this much further than was ever intended, which tells me that you know you welch'd.

why on earth would i send you a pm before i started this thread. i thought it would be fun. and i'm glad that someone informed you of the thread (thanks rhino) so you could come in and defend yourself, but you didn't have to defend yourself. come in here and laugh about it.

this is my last post in here as well, b/c obviously, feelings are getting hurt.

No reason for you to lash out at me tc, I figured if the owner of this forum and one of the distinguished forum leaders took so much time and effort to run smack about one of their fellow forum members then at least the guy should be able to state his side of the argument. Besides Jarret kept bumping the thread up but Bama never knew it was a thread directed at him. I just made it easier for everyone to hear Bama's side. If you are "not that kinda guy" to concern yourself with wanting or needing the $$ ( and I know you are not) then I do not know why you let this run the course it did. If you want to make a point he did not pay a bet that is fine, perhaps say that he took off and never paid and you are looking for restitution next outing. But to call a guy a welcher (a word with a bad conotation) and keep up the banter initially for over almost two hours and two pages of posts with JB seems a little excessive to me and not what two leaders of this forum should be spending their time with. And just for the record, I did not seek out bama and tell him about this, I mentioned this in passing during a conversation recalling good times at the last outing, and something I look forward to repeating in the future becasue that is what this site is all about isn't it? Now enough about this silliness and lets get back to talking about golf and getting details about the next outing.

:popcorn:

it's just a good natured rib'ing! nothing more, nothing less. good lord. not everything has to have drama associated with it. kinda like the 5 days of smack talk dealt my way b/c i lost to JB. it's just suppose to be fun. i can't control bama's schedule, i don't know when he'll be on or off the forum.

i'm disappointed in the direction that this turned. and i'm a little disappointed in your approach to this, ie, making it way more serious than was ever intended. you want to know the funniest part, i didn't come up with welch'er. it came from someone else at the outing when bama walked in off the course and said, "i'm not buying all of your drinks tonight". and you wanna know something even funnier, the dude isn't even a forum member.

this is ridiculous.

Did you read his post. HE THANKED YOU for reaching out to bama. Not lashed out at you. Ironic that he knew it was you, yes, but he did thank you. Not everything has to have drama around it.

The whole thing about welching was from another person at the outing, that said "you should call that guy grape juice for what he just said" when bama walked in and said Im not paying. Im sorry it was about your little buddy, and Im sorry if that offends you. This site is about fun, and frankly that is what most were having on here. Was it at someone elses expense? In some ways (in fun), but never was it serious and never did someone demand to get paid or anything like that.

it's just a good natured rib'ing! nothing more, nothing less. good lord. not everything has to have drama associated with it. kinda like the 5 days of smack talk dealt my way b/c i lost to JB. it's just suppose to be fun. i can't control bama's schedule, i don't know when he'll be on or off the forum.

i'm disappointed in the direction that this turned. and i'm a little disappointed in your approach to this, ie, making it way more serious than was ever intended. you want to know the funniest part, i didn't come up with welch'er. it came from someone else at the outing when bama walked in off the course and said, "i'm not buying all of your drinks tonight". and you wanna know something even funnier, the dude isn't even a forum member.

this is ridiculous.

You are ABSOULTELY RIGHT tc!! But unfortunately quite often on forums/chat rooms/ discussion boards ( something I have both moderated and been part of for over 20 years) words and inclination and humor sometimes get lost. Happens here quite often on the sports talk threads, someone makes a comment about someone elses team then the banter starts and usually a response, while intended as good natued ribbing, is percieved to be something other and then the situation rises to ridiculous levels. Oh well cest la vie!

You are ABSOULTELY RIGHT tc!! But unfortunately quite often on forums/chat rooms/ discussion boards ( something I have both moderated and been part of for over 20 years) words and inclination and humor sometimes get lost. Happens here quite often on the sports talk threads, someone makes a comment about THE YANKEES then the banter starts and usually a response, while intended as good natued ribbing, is percieved to be something other and then the situation rises to ridiculous levels. Oh well cest la vie!

fify dude!

Once I lost a million dollars on a boxing match in Vegas. I ran and am no longer welcome in that town, and to this day every time I see a large man with dark shades on I crap my pants.

fify dude!

ok as long as you went there yep so true. It was on the baseball thread where people were talkng smack about the Yankees then when some Yankee fans return the smack, people started crying foul :crying: which to me is also ridiculous. - just my opinion of course

Once I lost a million dollars to OEM on the PGA putting green. I ran and am no longer welcome in that town, and to this day every time I see a large man with dark shades on I crap my pants.

FIFY .... haha

Did you read his post. HE THANKED YOU for reaching out to bama. Not lashed out at you. Ironic that he knew it was you, yes, but he did thank you. Not everything has to have drama around it.

The whole thing about welching was from another person at the outing, that said "you should call that guy grape juice for what he just said" when bama walked in and said Im not paying. Im sorry it was about your little buddy, and Im sorry if that offends you. This site is about fun, and frankly that is what most were having on here. Was it at someone elses expense? In some ways (in fun), but never was it serious and never did someone demand to get paid or anything like that.

We are all sorry about things in the world we can not change JB. Just to set the record straight 1) I would of done the same for anyone not just my "little buddy" and 2) I was not offended by your actions that is a bit extreme, just a little surprised, of course that is just my opinion. :D

I can tell you guys 1 thing for sure. After reading this, If I ever make it to one of these outings I am not making any bets whatsoever. Hehe

I can tell you guys 1 thing for sure. After reading this, If I ever make it to one of these outings I am not making any bets whatsoever. Hehe

Dont let any of the others take away from your fun that you would have. Some of us had a great time out there and enjoyed every single minute of it.

Back