Official Ryder Cup Thread [Spoilers]

bubba's losing to a 47 year old man with a pony tail. he should be ashamed of himself.

What a shot by Stricker

how on earth has luke donald not won on the pga tour since 2006? his swing is awesome.

Yep, I've been up watching it. Decided to "work" from home today ;)

Obviously very pleased to see the amount of blue on the board.

how on earth has luke donald not won on the pga tour since 2006? his swing is awesome.

Tends to choke on the final day, usually around holes 12-16

Westwood decides he's like to give a few holes to Stricker. maybe he just wants to keep it interesting... :(

bubba's losing to a 47 year old man with a pony tail. he should be ashamed of himself.

I'm not 100% sure but I think the pony tailed man has won 3 times on tour this season.

Uugh, Westwood bit off too much there. Bit of a poor one.

Hanson and Harrington will definitely lose now, I can't see Phil giving up 4 holes and Paddy has played crap all week. The only way he rewarded his captains pick was by being a "good" partner the first few days.

the kuch/poulter and overton/fisher match's are the most important imo. i could see a 1/2 a point out of strick/westwood and stewie/rory, and furyk's gonna lose so the two matchups after that are huge. those matches need to get turned around now. the euros have had hot putters for the past day and a half and the americans have been average, can that trend reverse?

I'm not 100% sure but I think the pony tailed man has won 3 times on tour this season.
Uugh, Westwood bit off too much there. Bit of a poor one.

Hanson and Harrington will definitely lose now, I can't see Phil giving up 4 holes and Paddy has played crap all week. The only way he rewarded his captains pick was by being a "good" partner the first few days.

he has, but it's hardly the PGA tour now isn't it? bubba should be destroying that guy with his length, and tiger losing to the short, dumpy molinari is just ridiculous.

i give all the credit in the world to captain montguntery. he's really done a very, very good job and i'll give him tons of credit.

Almost boom baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So close!

He helped Ross fisher with his putting incredibly, as far as Ross is concerned anyways

That's what I mean by good partner. Tbh I couldn't see Casey doing that.

Oh Rory, carbon copy of Westwood's shot. Then Tiger decides to re-discover his putting form of 5 years ago. Whole cup is so finely poised at the moment, next 3 hours could go any which way. Great golf!

It will be interesting to see how rory handles this for the rest of the match. And if sticker makes that putt, it's over.

i think that luke donald is like 7 or 8 under on his round today, lol. that dude is throwing darts.

and the mechanic pulls one out of his arse.

matt kuchar has been one of the biggest disappointments in this RC, and i don't care what DJ and Phil did for two days, those two are playing well right now. stupid kuch! and P4B's boy hunter mahan is getting worked like bama at christmas time.

Phil & DJ seem to have corrected their issue. How about the 3rd member of the trio of disaster. Cmon Tigger. We need a comeback.

he has, but it's hardly the PGA tour now isn't it? bubba should be destroying that guy with his length, and tiger losing to the short, dumpy molinari is just ridiculous.

i give all the credit in the world to captain montguntery. he's really done a very, very good job and i'll give him tons of credit.

Yeah, Monty has indeed been good. I think he dealt with the change in schedule better than Pavin, some very astute pairings he put together.

Also, what makes the PGA tour sooooooo much better than the European tour? Sure the tourny's have quite a bit more money involved which naturally attracts more players. But I'd argue that a lot of your courses are set up easier that the Euro tour ones, particularly when the weather gets involved (majors excepted, pebble beach was a b*tch!). I think the fact that Jiminez is beating Watson just shows that at this level it's way more important to have sound iron play and short game than the ability to hit it 320+ off the tee.

PS. I actually really like Bubba, he's come accross really well on the coverage this week and his passion for the game and his country is admirable! Tiger, take note ;)

Yeah, Monty has indeed been good. I think he dealt with the change in schedule better than Pavin, some very astute pairings he put together.

Also, what makes the PGA tour sooooooo much better than the European tour? Sure the tourny's have quite a bit more money involved which naturally attracts more players. But I'd argue that a lot of your courses are set up easier that the Euro tour ones, particularly when the weather gets involved (majors excepted, pebble beach was a b*tch!). I think the fact that Jiminez is beating Watson just shows that at this level it's way more important to have sound iron play and short game than the ability to hit it 320+ off the tee.

PS. I actually really like Bubba, he's come accross really well on the coverage this week and his passion for the game and his country is admirable! Tiger, take note ;)

talent from top to bottom.

Sricker....US player of the week? Great 15th hole!

Phil & DJ seem to have corrected their issue. How about the 3rd member of the trio of disaster. Cmon Tigger. We need a comeback.

Try waiving a big paycheck in front of him! ;)

Back