Nike VR Pro Combo Irons

These will be my next iron purchase.

I agree! I had a chance to hit these at the outing and I LOVED them. They would be the perfect replacement for my CCI's that I currently hit. I hit the low irons, and found them pretty forgiving, like my current set, but you know when you make a bad swing. The blade style irons, when you hit them correctly are unreal. As with most new sets of clubs, I did not care for the stock grip at all.

I agree! I had a chance to hit these at the outing and I LOVED them. They would be the perfect replacement for my CCI's that I currently hit. I hit the low irons, and found them pretty forgiving, like my current set, but you know when you make a bad swing. The blade style irons, when you hit them correctly are unreal. As with most new sets of clubs, I did not care for the stock grip at all.

Yah the stock grips on both my VR blades and full cav's were awful, but thats pretty much any stock grip I have used.

I've actually been looking for irons like these. I tried the VR Split Cavity irons a few months ago and fell in love after the first swing of that 6i. Now, they're implementing the muscle shortys and the full cav long irons. Sounds like the perfect set!

Hey man, I give every brand an equal opportunity to make me love them lol

just giving you a hard time. i know how much you lust for these, almost as much as you do for luke donald.

The only thing that would make luke donald better would be if he played nike lol
just giving you a hard time. i know how much you lust for these, almost as much as you do for luke donald.

The only thing that would make luke donald better would be if he played nike lol

I think those in the media could think of about 10 more things. But obviously that is for a different thread.

Expect our review of these next month on the home page

i heard a rumor that he may be leaving mizuno for TM, but i don't know if that's credible or not.

these irons are so gorgeous in hand! the one thing i like about them is the clean look that they have. my brother was shocked with these irons.

these irons are so gorgeous in hand! the one thing i like about them is the clean look that they have. my brother was shocked with these irons.

I think the chrome looks far better on these than the darker finish of the previous model.

I would suspect he still might play zuni irons.
i heard a rumor that he may be leaving mizuno for TM, but i don't know if that's credible or not.

I cant wait for these. Goodness gracious my bank account hurts already,,.

Guys CAN WE PLEASE keep this about these irons.

We have a thread for PGA Tour rumors.

Any news on any new wedges? Or are they sticking with the V-Rev, theyre new enough, but dont really go well with this set.

JB, do these have alot of offset?

I think the chrome looks far better on these than the darker finish of the previous model.

i do too! plus i think the cavity, and the design on it just looks better.

Any news on any new wedges? Or are they sticking with the V-Rev, theyre new enough, but dont really go well with this set.

This thread is about the VR Pro Combo Irons. As items come up on embargo, we will have threads on them, but I would say the V-Rev are very new right now.

JB, do these have alot of offset?

Not in my opinion.

Last edited:
Hey JB,

What about if you wanted blades 7-PW and pocket cavity the rest? Are they allowing you to customize the set anyway you like?

I highly doubt it just because that involve a huge investment in equipment, etc. I wish though!

^^^^^

Agreed.

These irons look great, I've got a weird aversion to all things Nike though.

For some reason I just caught that the review will be out next month. Hopefully the release follows soon. I'm actually excited just to try these. I know why you said to wait. I just hope the irons aren't too much. Itll be awhile before I can buy so I have time lol.

For some reason I just caught that the review will be out next month. Hopefully the release follows soon. I'm actually excited just to try these. I know why you said to wait. I just hope the irons aren't too much. Itll be awhile before I can buy so I have time lol.

From what I saw.. it's like an 800 dollar set.

Oh my bad I meant too much club haha. I'd wait for the price drop or try to trade in. I just loved these clubs. But I'm also considering another set out there that I can get for a smoking deal. If I can get the cash.
From what I saw.. it's like an 800 dollar set.

I use the Forged Split Cavity's and I LOVE THEM. Before them I had: mizuno mp 32, Mizuno T-zoid, mp14s (notice a pattern?)
Up until the Split Cavity's I fell into the stigma that Nike just doen'st make good products. Funny how something a Pro Player (was it phil?) says almost 10 years ago still sticks with you. I've had the split cavotiy for 3 years now and nothing else gives me the confidence/ balance of forgivenss and playability that these do.
I am a little worried about what is essentially a "combo" set. They say the balanced CG will help guarantee a seemless transition between blade short irons and cavity back mid irons....... but I'm still wary.

Adams with their new short irons/ long hybrid sets are a good example to me. I'm sure adams did the best they could but my friend still found a huge gab from his first hybrid to the first iron. He ended buying another hybrid to bridge the gap.

How do these clubs shape up for golfers around the 18 - 22 handicap mark?

What category of player are they aimed at? Improvers, Players etc I think there is an actual rating that a lot of the club vendors use.

BTW new here Hi all.

Con

How do these clubs shape up for golfers around the 18 - 22 handicap mark?

What category of player are they aimed at? Improvers, Players etc I think there is an actual rating that a lot of the club vendors use.

BTW new here Hi all.

Con

Welcome.

Being that more than half the set offers very little to no forgiveness, these are not geared for anybody outside of low handicaps. But people can buy and use what they feel works best for them. If a high handicapper feels as though he plays better with blades, then have at it I say.

Haven't had a chance to hit any Nike forged irons yet. How do Nike's forged irons compare to Mizuno's for feel, etc.?

Back