What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on pace for ~95 yesterday, but had to take off after 16 holes. Started hot and thought that I was really going to shoot a low score, but my short game ended up costing me a bunch of strokes. I'm sure I had a lot to do with the problem, but I really need to replace my homemade wedges. I just don't have any confidence in them. New driver was very good to me, but only needed it on 5 holes. Hybrids and irons were good, too. Took our the Ci7's and was loving them.

Nice stuff Hawk! I forgot you have the Ci7's too. We could almost be twins with our bags!

Hopefully you can find a solution to your wedge dilema. From what I saw, you can really tear it up with your short game.
I was on pace for ~95 yesterday, but had to take off after 16 holes. Started hot and thought that I was really going to shoot a low score, but my short game ended up costing me a bunch of strokes. I'm sure I had a lot to do with the problem, but I really need to replace my homemade wedges. I just don't have any confidence in them. New driver was very good to me, but only needed it on 5 holes. Hybrids and irons were good, too. Took our the Ci7's and was loving them.

Thanks, Yoc. I had been thinking about using the Ci's again, and took them to the range last week. I was hitting the ball the same distance (or farther) as the Adams and I like the thinner sole. It's pretty crazy when I think about it. I am hitting my irons around 20 yards farther than when I started out the year.

As far as the wedges go, I need to get rid of that Diablo Edge so I can do some shopping. I thought that my wedges were fine until the outing. The difference between them and the XFT's is just sad.

The XFT's are awesome and Ill definitely agree with you there. Hopefully you can find some good deals once you get the Edge sold.

Congrats on the iron play too!

Thanks, Yoc. I had been thinking about using the Ci's again, and took them to the range last week. I was hitting the ball the same distance (or farther) as the Adams and I like the thinner sole. It's pretty crazy when I think about it. I am hitting my irons around 20 yards farther than when I started out the year.

As far as the wedges go, I need to get rid of that Diablo Edge so I can do some shopping. I thought that my wedges were fine until the outing. The difference between them and the XFT's is just sad.

There are still a couple of retailers that are doing "buy one wedge, get one faceplate" deals. If you are looking at the xFTs I would hunt those sites out.

Welcome to reality!

Two Saturdays ago I posted a 70, with 31 on the Pine View 9, some of my best golf of the year. I followed that one the next Friday with a round at the Golden Bear at Hilton Head Island, where I was one over after 8 with a par 5 for the 9th and BOGEYED, then was 1 over for the 18 after 17 holes, again with a par 5 finisher that I BOGEYED. So, 74 - decent enough on an unfamiliar course.

After a summer of good play, I went out this Saturday past expecting more of the same. My opening hole was the 179 yd par 3 8th on Island View, where I hit my 6 iron about 40 yards out into the lake to start my round - DOUBLE BOGEY. And it never got much better, as I never doubled again but bled bogeys all day (9 of them) on my way to an 83, worst score of the year. It wasn't far off, but it was off; the putter could have saved me a decent score, but I was 0 for 10 on putts of 6 to 10 feet.

Shot 81 today - four 3 putts darn it! Stopped swaying and hit my driver good! Bending the knees more did the trick.

Shot 81 today - four 3 putts darn it! Stopped swaying and hit my driver good! Bending the knees more did the trick.

:clapp::clapp::clapp:

Wow, that's good stuff KellyBo. I hope some day you, Gray and I get the chance to tee it up. It would be a pleasure to get my butt kicked, haha.

I shot the greatest 86 I have ever played yesterday, lol. Wind blew like 25 mph, but my irons were like lazers, it was crazy. I putted really well, but skimmed every hole. My 3w/hybrids cost me several shots as did my usually solid chipping. Those two together cost me dearly.

Shot an 84 ( again playing with a mismatched partial set of clubs ). This was a 39 on the front and 45 on the back (carded an 8 on a par 4 and bogeyed the par 5.) Also blew 3 putts of 5' or less, including a birdy put inside 3 feet. I hate the crappy Actuity putter that's in this bag and they were aerating most of the greens -- very hard to hold a line.

My last round was pretty good.

After only playing twice in the last month, my father-in-law came into town and I got four rounds in 8 days.

The first was a so/so 79 at my home course. Just to knock the rust off.

The next was a two man best ball with my father-in-law and two buddies. I shot 75 but we got crushed by my friend who shot 64 for his best ever round. I don't think he missed a shot.

The next round was a round where I hit the ball well but couldn't score AT ALL. I shot 84 but we halved the match.

My most recent round was another two man best ball on a tough but fair course.
I played really well and had four birdies but gave some shots away and had 8 bogies but we won the match and evened everything up for the week. Happy with my 75 as the course is 7100 yards, par 71 from where we played and I hit some awesome shots.

A few highlights. Birdie one, hit it to 3 ft on hole 2 from 105 yrds. Made the putt.

Hole 3, from 160 out, hit my 7i to 4 ft and made birdie.

Hole 17, hit my LW from 80 yrds to 8ft and made the putt.

Hole 18(my best shot of the day), from 180 out, hit a high cut 6i to 8ft and made the putt. Great birdie/birdie finish to win the match.

Today was a great day. Shot 79 and the highlight came on #14. After a good drive, I holed a wedge from 90 yds out for an eagle 2. Golf seemed easy today.

Today was a great day. Shot 79 and the highlight came on #14. After a good drive, I holed a wedge from 90 yds out for an eagle 2. Golf seemed easy today.

Did you scream "BOOOOOMMMMM! BABY!" ?

Thanks Duey! Congrats on that great round yourself! We've got to play together one day. I know it would be a blast. We'll have to stay an extra day or two next time there is an outing and make sure we tee it up together.

Wow, that's good stuff KellyBo. I hope some day you, Gray and I get the chance to tee it up. It would be a pleasure to get my butt kicked, haha.

I shot the greatest 86 I have ever played yesterday, lol. Wind blew like 25 mph, but my irons were like lazers, it was crazy. I putted really well, but skimmed every hole. My 3w/hybrids cost me several shots as did my usually solid chipping. Those two together cost me dearly.

Shot my second consecutive 89 (47/42) yesterday after never having broken 90 before. Started off terribly, and blew up the first two holes badly, and had 15 between them(par 4 and 5). After that, I relaxed and actually played pretty well. My short game was working better than it ever had, but I had a hard time from the tee for most of the round, hitting only 3 fairways. I had a lot of tee shots that were really long and pretty, but just off the fairway, and the rough was pretty thick and made me pay for the misses. I had 35 putts on greens that were pretty rough from being punched recently. I was actually pretty happy with that considering the greens. Two birdies on the round, one on a 100 yard par three that my PW landed 6 feet from the hole off the tee, and the other on my nemesis par 5 that more often than not beats me down. It was really nice to get revenge on a hole that usually wears me out. The one thing that really stood out to me on this round was that i played exactly zero shots from bunkers. That was nice, and I can't remember that ever happening before.

Last edited:
Congrats man keep up the good scores
Shot my second consecutive 89 (47/42) yesterday after never having broken 90 before. Started off terribly, and blew up the first two holes badly, and had 15 between them(par 4 and 5). After that, I relaxed and actually played pretty well. My short game was working better than it ever had, but I had a hard time from the tee for most of the round, hitting only 3 fairways. I had a lot of tee shots that were really long and pretty, but just off the fairway, and the rough was pretty thick and made me pay for the misses. I had 35 putts on greens that were pretty rough from being punched recently. I was actually pretty happy with that considering the greens. Two birdies on the round, one on a 100 yard par three that my PW landed 6 feet from the hole off the tee, and the other on my nemesis par 5 that more often than not beats me down. It was really nice to get revenge on a hole that usually wears me out. The one thing that really stood out to me on this round was that i played exactly zero shots from bunkers. That was nice, and I can't remember that ever happening before.

The hated 80, I hate not breakin 80 if im that close. I just hate 80 for some reason.

A boring 90 at Sycuan. Played like crap on the front but shot 6 over on the back.

57/55
after 2 1/2 weeks of rain this is my first round out and man did it show... felt like i hadnt hit a ball in years and i had to make up for it by hitting it as many as possible in 1 day

altho i did witness my buddy eagling a par5 with 3 beautiful shots

57/55
after 2 1/2 weeks of rain this is my first round out and man did it show... felt like i hadnt hit a ball in years and i had to make up for it by hitting it as many as possible in 1 day

altho i did witness my buddy eagling a par5 with 3 beautiful shots

chalk her up to rust russ, that's all. man, seeing an eagle is awesome though. you should be looking at a nice stretch of weather for a while though.

chalk her up to rust russ, that's all. man, seeing an eagle is awesome though. you should be looking at a nice stretch of weather for a while though.
no doubt tc
if the weather stays like this i think ill marathon as much golf as possible :good:
that eagle was well worth the crappy scores... even if i didnt get it

no doubt tc
if the weather stays like this i think ill marathon as much golf as possible :good:
that eagle was well worth the crappy scores... even if i didnt get it

lol @ marathon'ing golf. i might steal that one.

it's been super windy here lately.

Course: 67.6/117 5,853 yards

Shot a 93 with 34 putts. Hit 6 fairways and 5 GIR's

Iron play and hybrids saved the day in my inconsistent round today. Most of my misses off the tee came from the driver and were to the right but somehow they were manageable. Aim was all sorts of off today and left all my approach shots on the opposite end of the greens which eliminated almost all 1 putt opportunities today. Wedges were inconsistent and I'm still having 'chip yips' from <60 yds and counted 6 shots that I either bladed or fatted when chipping from this yardage. So frustrating. After having a great practice session on the putting green where I seemed to hole everything I proceeded to leave everything short of the cup all day. somehow managed to only have one 3 putt though. Felt like I was up and down most of the day with mostly being down so 93 was a surprise to me.

81 (+9). Can't really expect better with how little I have practiced lately. Driver was a disaster per usual and I had 4-5 good looks at birdie I couldn't convert. Was a beautiful day so I didn't really care what I shot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back