Graphite Design Shafts

JRod

Reaction score
Handicap
4.2 USGA
Being doing some research lately on shafts being that my fitting is coming up soon and I've been reading alot about a company called Graphite Designs, specifically the DI series.

Just curious if anyone out there has had any experience with these shafts or the company in general. Apparently these are the new "in" shafts, probably because Tiger used one for awhile and all his fanboi's rave about em.

Lemme know I am trying to build a good database here so I can show up informed!

Know their shafts very well. Liked some and disliked others. Still not sure why any driver shaft that Tiger uses would be in the "in" shaft since he misses more than he hits.

But if I were you, and Im not, but if I were, I would not do ANY research. Go in with a completely open mind about brands and not worry about any of them.

It reminds me of a story that Hoeffy told in the SPring magazine. Where someone came to get fit at the Kingdom and on their way there, read all about a different set and wanted that too. So in reality they fit themselves before the fitting.

Go in completely open and you will be amazed at the results and what you find out.

Back to your original question, i have hit the DI series and they are quite good. For me they would not crack the top 3-5, but they are a good shaft.

Know their shafts very well. Liked some and disliked others. Still not sure why any driver shaft that Tiger uses would be in the "in" shaft since he misses more than he hits.

But if I were you, and Im not, but if I were, I would not do ANY research. Go in with a completely open mind about brands and not worry about any of them.

It reminds me of a story that Hoeffy told in the SPring magazine. Where someone came to get fit at the Kingdom and on their way there, read all about a different set and wanted that too. So in reality they fit themselves before the fitting.

Go in completely open and you will be amazed at the results and what you find out.

Back to your original question, i have hit the DI series and they are quite good. For me they would not crack the top 3-5, but they are a good shaft.

Excellent point...and you are absolutely right. I kind of wish all the shafts they have would be painted black with no writing on them so you had no idea what you were even swinging. In fact why don't they do that...It would be the true "blind test"

Excellent point...and you are absolutely right. I kind of wish all the shafts they have would be painted black with no writing on them so you had no idea what you were even swinging. In fact why don't they do that...It would be the true "blind test"

Go to a TMPL. All the shafts are done to look like stock R9 shafts when we were there.

I play a Graphite Design Pershing in my driver and I love the stick. I play in alot of wind and it gives me a ball flight that is a bit lower to help with that, but I didn't have to sacrifice distance. I have had this shaft for a few years and can't really help you out with any info on the DI. I would have to agree with JB on this one though, go into your fitting with an open mind and listen to what they recommend and ask lots of questions.

For what it is worth, I am not a fan of their shafts. I have not hit their high end shafts, but the ones that were in my Cobras were pretty weak in my mind. I have hit them in other clubs as well and was never impressed. But like anything, the high end stuff is normally much different than mid level stuff.

Back