Mizuno MP T-11 Wedge

Took a few swings with the 60* while playing today with golf4life. I was VERY impressed with this wedge. I think it might have felt as good as the Jaws, maybe even better.

Took a few swings with the 60* while playing today with golf4life. I was VERY impressed with this wedge. I think it might have felt as good as the Jaws, maybe even better.

Yeah, this was my first round with the 54 and 60 and I came away very impressed with both. They feel so right when you put a good stroke on it, and they check up nice around the green. Hit a couple flop shots with the 60 that came off pretty nice, had a nice low skip and check with the 54 on the first hole, leading to an up and down par. And they keep their line nicely on full shots, even in the 30 mph wind we had today. I really, really like these wedges. I think the 60* has become my favorite club already in one single round. The combination of the forged head and the DG spinner shaft is a match made in golf heaven.

I know that Mizuno has its followers and its detractors. Many say they don’t make irons the way they used to. However when you hit an MP68 iron right you get that wow, what was that sort of thing that I really don’t get with much else at least in my price range. I know some of the guys that have experience with some of the really pricy import iron sets will say something like “well if you like those you should try xyz. But I can’t justify spending $4,000 for a set of irons so I just don’t know that comparing them means anything to me. I do think that the wedge series is another example of that great feel you get when you hit one of these Mizuno forged clubs pure, wedge or iron. I game the wedges as well. Enjoy them guys. I suspect you will.

Wow great reviews- I was sold when I hit this cg15 earlier this year- they were worlds above the vokey IMO. I might have to try these mizuno irons n wedges soon though heard so many good things.

I think this is what my bro is gaming.....he loves them, I have decided its time for me to invest in some wedges. After reading many reviews, it sounds like you cant beat these or the jaws....anyone have any ideas of which ones are better? Wedges to me are always a tough decision!

I think this is what my bro is gaming.....he loves them, I have decided its time for me to invest in some wedges. After reading many reviews, it sounds like you cant beat these or the jaws....anyone have any ideas of which ones are better? Wedges to me are always a tough decision!

Very different wedges to me. Both are quite good, it will come down to feel for you.

i am gaming the mpt 11's

Very different wedges to me. Both are quite good, it will come down to feel for you.

JB's right, both are different but for me, i prefer the mpt's b/c of the spinner shaft. i love the amount of bite the JAWS can impart but the shaft wins out for me.

JB's right, both are different but for me, i prefer the mpt's b/c of the spinner shaft. i love the amount of bite the JAWS can impart but the shaft wins out for me.

what about putting the two together? the bite of the JAWS combined with the spinner shaft?

Hopefully oem kevin will have some answers for that.

what about putting the two together? the bite of the JAWS combined with the spinner shaft?

sent from my genius phone!

Hopefully oem kevin will have some answers for that.

sent from my unsmart phone!

I cant answer that but after hitting the 60* MTP-11, I think the shaft makes me lean towards picking up the Mizunos when I replace the Jaws.

I cant answer that but after hitting the 60* MTP-11, I think the shaft makes me lean towards picking up the Mizunos when I replace the Jaws.

The Golf Galaxy folks are drooling in anticipation.

I wonder how these shafts would fare with the XFT's?

i'm sure they'd fare just fine spank. i may be in the minority but i am not the biggest fan of the xft, i would think that the spinner may offer a little better feel and i know it would probably make them a bit "spinnier"

i am gaming the mpt 11's

I am so behind the times on wedges. What difference does the spinner shaft have on the wedge than say a TT or whatever? Just curious what the hooray is over spinner shafts in wedges?

I agree with TC, I think the feel is better on the MPT-11's. They had them at GG but only in the chrome finish. No good for my bag.

Got mine from eBay 85 bucks brand new in black nickel

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

thats all I needed to hear! *feverishly searching for MP T-11's*

I may have done some searching myself.

maybe we can get a family discount! I dont have any wedges except my CG7 BP SW...its time to get this going!

The JAWS are mad that you're cheating on them....again!
I agree with TC, I think the feel is better on the MPT-11's. They had them at GG but only in the chrome finish. No good for my bag.

Just had a great range session with these clubs. It's hard to believe how smooth and forgiving a wedge is but these are just that. I'm not a big worker of the ball or shot creator but these wedges really give you the confidence to launch it high, hit it normal, run it low, or just pitch it. The weighting of the shaft and head are a perfect marriage and the results are a perfect result of that.

I was thinking of just putting some dg spinners on my current wedge set but now I think I am going to have to get these as soon as they make it to Canada.

Just had a great range session with these clubs. It's hard to believe how smooth and forgiving a wedge is but these are just that. I'm not a big worker of the ball or shot creator but these wedges really give you the confidence to launch it high, hit it normal, run it low, or just pitch it. The weighting of the shaft and head are a perfect marriage and the results are a perfect result of that.

nice to hear hanks, nice to hear. i spent a little time this evening at the chipping/pitching green with mine. i like practicing with them a lot. i don't hit tons of full shots with them on the range, as i want to conserve as much of the grooves as possible for as long as possible.

i'm glad you like the wedges, they really are nice.

Back