Nead Custom Putter Thread

I will contact you through your web site soon.

I got to see a picture you posted of a copper BiTi09 with a hand ground flow neck that was stunning, however I'm sure it's out of my league price wise. What's the chance you could share a picture of that one with everyone here? I know they would be amazed.

Thanks,
Duey

Duey,

There are pictures of that putter on the 1st page

Yes Sir, my mistake. I remember seeing it there and forgot, (last putter on post one, first two on post two). That is the putter of putters in the looks department. You are truley an artist. Just curious, but what percentage of buyers want to see the weld?

(I was too stuck on the damascus, haha)

I know your site is posted elsewhere, but I'll plug it again: http://www.neadcustomputters.com/

Mr Nead,

I find myself a bit unsure what weight to order. With the smaller diameter head, I could see the need to have it a tad heavier or lighter for different reasons. What are you seeing from others who order these, compaired to their normal players? Also, would the special center relief milling just distract from the beauty of the damascus? My current gamer is 360g, with two 15g weights in the heel and toe if that makes any difference.

Also, would I need to go with the AS02 style if I wanted an off set type of shaft set up?

Thanks,
Duey

Duey,

It seems like about 70% of the people want to see the weld, I guess it looks more hand made like that, as far as the weight, the Mini
for me needed to be 20 grams heavier, but I have had a few that say 30.

Duey,
You are keeping me in suspense.

Duey,
You are keeping me in suspense.

My research has done more harm than good, lol. I came across several other styles I really like, yet I want something a bit different, special. Then I got a little sticker shock, so may have to scale back just a tad. These bad boys are gorgeous and pricey, but worth it when I can afford it.

I do have a quote in to them, but pretty sure it will be above my budget. I want to make it to the next outing.

Duey has some awesome things he is working on.

Every day I use the putting green in our home, I am magically drawn to the mini. That thing just puts one heck of a sweet roll on the ball.

Every day I use the putting green in our home, I am magically drawn to the mini. That thing just puts one heck of a sweet roll on the ball.

Just currious JB, but have you tried it outside in regular play yet? I talked to a couple of guy's who play them and they say they won't go back to a regular size putter.

Just currious JB, but have you tried it outside in regular play yet? I talked to a couple of guy's who play them and they say they won't go back to a regular size putter.

Duey, its funny you mention that, because I have. The darn thing has an INCREDIBLE feel and just makes you want to use it.

I found a used one that looks incredible and may just have to pull the triger on it. I don't think my new putter has been started on yet.

i may put right handed whilst in florida in november just to test some stuff on the course and i may give this putter a roll for a round duey. i find it intriguing as well.

well, i say all this, but it depends on whether or not JB lets me.

i may put right handed whilst in florida in november just to test some stuff on the course and i may give this putter a roll for a round duey. i find it intriguing as well.

well, i say all this, but it depends on whether or not JB lets me.

I hope you get the time to try it. I have no idea why I'm buying new putters, especially after yesterdays round. I doubt anything will kick my old Slotline out of rotation, but I keep buying the stupid things, lol.

I hope you get the time to try it. I have no idea why I'm buying new putters, especially after yesterdays round. I doubt anything will kick my old Slotline out of rotation, but I keep buying the stupid things, lol.

Tell me about it! LOL

THP has a couple of new Nead's we have commissioned, we cannot wait to see them.

Any thing in a damascus style? Gene just does it right and the color just pops. Add his roll milling and you have a treasure.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Any thing in a damascus style? Gene just does it right and the color just pops. Add his roll milling and you have a treasure.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Perhaps.

I'm bringing this older thread back to life just to show a few extra looks in the world of putters produced by Gene Nead.

Here's another thread and please notice the twisty neck in picture number three I think.
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?10581-Nead-Putter-Collection&highlight=Nead

And yet another. This time we are talking Damascus. There simply is no better feel, IMHO, to a damascus head. Take a look at the grain involved here, just plain sweet Gene.
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?11255-Nead-Damascus-Putter&highlight=Nead

I want to point out that I don't work for Gene or get any special discounts, lol. I just know that he will NOT toot his own horn, so I will.

Gene, if I ask idiotic questions, forgive me, but as I mentioned in Duey's thread, I'm a lefty that always just grabbed something that caught my eye off the rack without much thought as to weight, balance, etc. I still manage to get it around the course okay, but am fascinated by your work, especially the Biti Mallet.

Are all face balanced putters center shafted? Can a non-center shafted putter be face balanced? It would seem that would not be possible, and that toe hang is part of the deal as the shaft moves off center.

Also, are center shafted putters with offset common, or are most (or all) made with straight shafts?

I'm awfully ignorant for a reasonable decent player, sorry.

Kevin

Gene, if I ask idiotic questions, forgive me, but as I mentioned in Duey's thread, I'm a lefty that always just grabbed something that caught my eye off the rack without much thought as to weight, balance, etc. I still manage to get it around the course okay, but am fascinated by your work, especially the Biti Mallet.

Are all face balanced putters center shafted? Can a non-center shafted putter be face balanced? It would seem that would not be possible, and that toe hang is part of the deal as the shaft moves off center.

Also, are center shafted putters with offset common, or are most (or all) made with straight shafts?

I'm awfully ignorant for a reasonable decent player, sorry.

Kevin

Kevin,

We make quite a few face balanced putters that have flow necks as well as plumbers neck, they do not need to be center shafted to be face balanced, the necks end up being like a swan neck.

Kevin,

We make quite a few face balanced putters that have flow necks as well as plumbers neck, they do not need to be center shafted to be face balanced, the necks end up being like a swan neck.

Thanks Gene, I sent you an email through your site with some other questions, too. I hope they make sense. I'm very interested in the Biti Mallet, and trying to figure out how I might want it.

Kevin

Back