Official 2010 THP Putter Shootout thread

I can throw my Scotty and Kia Ma Tour in with the mix if anybody wants to see comparisons.

I'm kind of nervous to make the switch to a left handed putter because of the lack of options.

I definitely see what TC is talking about here, I see it all the time where everyone loves to remind him that he's lefty and he'll only have 2 clubs or 4 putters hardy har har har, I can see where it would get old for him to constantly have to be reminded. He knows, he doesn't complain about it, he's used to it.

Uh huh......I don't expect you or anyone else to understand. I've learned to live with it and to accept things. I genuinely have an interest in learning more about a putter fitting and its being discounted. It gets old.

Okay. Please explain this to me. How is us not being able to get your putters for testing, in any way related to learning about putter fitting? Knowledge is not always gained by trial and error. While that can help, knowledge can also be obtained by receiving information and processing it while studying others. Its no different than our review process here. While I love to hit everything we get, the truth is, that we spend just as much time observing and analyzing others using the equipment to get a fair balance and understand what equipment fits others.

I have apologized to you in both public and private about NOT being able to get LH equipment for testing. We have no choice in the matter. The companies simply do not have it available to send us. You saw what happened with the Burner 2.0s and how much longer it took to get yours than anybody else. We work incredibly hard to try our best to get everybody things to sample. However at the same time, we can only ask a company so many times to please try and supply LH gear for someone before they have just become irritated by it. We know you want to try everything, and trust me, we have tried our best to make that happen for you. But I just can't do it anymore.

It is the same reason our equipment testers all have to be RH. I know you are frustrated, and because of that I have apologized to you on the site and in our private conversations, but it is out of our control.

Okay. Please explain this to me. How is us not being able to get your putters for testing, in any way related to learning about putter fitting? Knowledge is not always gained by trial and error. While that can help, knowledge can also be obtained by receiving information and processing it while studying others. Its no different than our review process here. While I love to hit everything we get, the truth is, that we spend just as much time observing and analyzing others using the equipment to get a fair balance and understand what equipment fits others.

I have apologized to you in both public and private about NOT being able to get LH equipment for testing. We have no choice in the matter. The companies simply do not have it available to send us. You saw what happened with the Burner 2.0s and how much longer it took to get yours than anybody else. We work incredibly hard to try our best to get everybody things to sample. However at the same time, we can only ask a company so many times to please try and supply LH gear for someone before they have just become irritated by it. We know you want to try everything, and trust me, we have tried our best to make that happen for you. But I just can't do it anymore.

It is the same reason our equipment testers all have to be RH. I know you are frustrated, and because of that I have apologized to you on the site and in our private conversations, but it is out of our control.
I won't really get too involved but I have talked to Lucas about this very topic (him being lefty, limited options) he knows how much THP has done to get him something/anything to test and he is appreciative. I think it's the constant back handed reminders from everyone else on this site. He gets it and accepts it, he doesn't like that he doesn't have the options but he knows there's nothing that he can do. I think it's great that THP has worked so hard to get some lefty equipment there, with my dad coming to the Spring Outing & Demo Day and him being a lefty he knows his options will be very limited, but he also knows (based on what I've told him) that THP will try hard to get as much as possible for him and other leftys to test.

Again, this is not about what you can or can't get JB. I understand that aspect completely and I don't think I've ever been ugrateful in public or private with what you guys can provide. And if you don't see that rarely do I bring up my predicament, its usually brought up by others (please see a couple of posts above) then you're always gonna react defensively. I am not attacking you or thp or anything. In fact I said I was excited about learning more about fittings while in florida (and that encompasses witnessing, listening, watching and rolling if I can)

I won't really get too involved but I have talked to Lucas about this very topic (him being lefty, limited options) he knows how much THP has done to get him something/anything to test and he is appreciative. I think it's the constant back handed reminders from everyone else on this site. He gets it and accepts it, he doesn't like that he doesn't have the options but he knows there's nothing that he can do. I think it's great that THP has worked so hard to get some lefty equipment there, with my dad coming to the Spring Outing & Demo Day and him being a lefty he knows his options will be very limited, but he also knows (based on what I've told him) that THP will try hard to get as much as possible for him and other leftys to test.

I understand that P4B. But in fairness, how is that different than the rainbow belt jokes to Hanks, or the many other jokes around here? It sucks, and we know it sucks for him. I think people are trying to make light of an uncomfortable situation with humor. Its hard to tell tone in posts. We love TC and only wish it could be different.

I understand that P4B. But in fairness, how is that different than the rainbow belt jokes to Hanks, or the many other jokes around here? It sucks, and we know it sucks for him. I think people are trying to make light of an uncomfortable situation with humor. Its hard to tell tone in posts. We love TC and only wish it could be different.

because the rainbow belt was choice, a bad choice hehe

That's the key point right there, we're all good though. You guys go a great thing with all the equipment you let everyone hit and I think it's awesome that you did have the equipment you had in lefty down at the fall outing, while the sheer volume wasn't there the options per golfer had to have helped offset that.

trust me, you won't have to worry about having these sorts of conversations again.

Here's what I think you should do about your putter woes, TC.

Get on a plane this winter and fly to Chicago. Hit up Bettinardi's fitting studio and get the royal treatment. Then, I'll drive over and you, interlooper and I can get ddec'd. Everbody wins! Looks like a direct flight from Asheville is only 250.00 and you can ask for it for Christmas (not from me b/c I'm a broke-a$$ lol).

Get on a plane this winter and fly to Chicago. Hit up Bettinardi's fitting studio and get the royal treatment. Then, I'll drive over and you, interlooper and I can get ddec'd. Everbody wins! Looks like a direct flight from Asheville is only 250.00 and you can ask for it for Christmas (not from me b/c I'm a broke-a$$ lol).

You got til the 28th to book this deal for the certain dates:

http://www.southwest.com/landing/halloween_offer.html?int=HOMEHEROHALWOW101026

Wow, this sounds like a fantastic plan!

Is it to late to add one more flatstick?

I was intrigued by the Tour Edge BackDraft GT+ Putter the other day in PGA SS, but they would not remove the shrink wrap so I didn't bother rolling it. Perhaps a little ghost-off comparison?

You got til the 28th to book this deal for the certain dates:

http://www.southwest.com/landing/halloween_offer.html?int=HOMEHEROHALWOW101026

Dang, when did SW start flying out of A-ville! To think of the the cash I could have been saving...might have been able to OEM some more clubs!

Wow at the SW deal. You can fly in on Saturday, leave on Tuesday for 120 round trip.

looking forward to rolling a bunch of flat sticks this weekend....

I'm ready for the results!

Especially on the DB 4 and Bettinardi Studio Stock #5!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont know if it is even available yet and,it might be too late for suggestions anyway but,i would love to see how you guys think the new Wilson Staff vizor putter rolls the rock.

Man, I really wish I could join ou all for this one, its gonna be a lot of fun!!

Last call for requests before I head down tomorrow morning.....

Last call for requests before I head down tomorrow morning.....

My main interests are the CG 16's vs your other two iron sets and the Mashie vs Superlaunch.

I'd like to see and hear some more solid comparisons using the spinner shafts, especially in the CG line.

A comparison of the CG15 ve CG16 wedges.

Putter faces on those fast greens. Roll type grooves vs agressive milling swirls vs flat faced.

hmmm.... I didn't realize this was the putter shootout thread. Disregard earlier post.

Back