Golf Vacation Recommendations?

derelict

In the trees
Reaction score
Handicap
short game
I am thinking of taking my GF on a golf vacation... looking for a place to play golf for say 3-4 days straight... nice courses, good scenery, nice restaurants for dinner. Wondering if anyone has suggestions or perhaps referrals to some companies that offer packages? I can probably handle the flights with frequent flyer miles I have collected, but am looking for golf/hotel packages...

PGA National Resort & Spa

Bandons always a good spot, depends when you want to go really
I am thinking of taking my GF on a golf vacation... looking for a place to play golf for say 3-4 days straight... nice courses, good scenery, nice restaurants for dinner. Wondering if anyone has suggestions or perhaps referrals to some companies that offer packages? I can probably handle the flights with frequent flyer miles I have collected, but am looking for golf/hotel packages...

To elaborate a bit, you have access to five courses, incredible scenery, excellent service. Oh, and FIVE COURSES that are top notch.

Thainer is correct when saying it depends on where you want to go. If it's somewhere warm I would say FL all the way.

You can't go wrong at PGA National and they are having good deal right now with unlimited play on 4 of the 5 (with upgrades to the Champions course): http://www.pgaresort.com/yourplay_packages.aspx Not to mention IF you get bored (ha-ha) there are several other nice places around WPB to play.

and the iBar is open year 'round haha
To elaborate a bit, you have access to five courses, incredible scenery, excellent service. Oh, and FIVE COURSES that are top notch.

I have to agree on the PGA National option.
Mrs DD and I loved our stay there.

Another of my faves is Myrtle Beach.

Thanks JB, you da man!

You can check out the THP Outing thread as well.

I know it is the trendy thing to do, but it is also the right thing to do. I loved my stay at the PGA National Resort and Spa. I would do it again (and I am going to).

when are you wanting to take this vacation? sooner/later? if it's something you want to do sooner than later than a lot of the others are correct, PGA National is incredible. I've also stayed and played at some great places in myrtle beach and charleston, sc that are nice.

if you are looking at a trip later than sooner, then i'd say you must come to the spring outing my friend!

If you want to do it sooner, you could also do Palm Springs. Is that too close?
Indian Wells, Westin Mission Hills, La Quinta all have packages. La Quinta has 5 courses to choose from including PGA West.

Nice restaurants close by and if she likes to shop, the Cabazon outlet isn't far away.

During the winter I love Palm Springs. If you are looking at spring time then the World Golf Village in St. Augustine FL is fantastic as is Barefoot Resort Myrtle Beach SC.

derelict,
Saw that you're in California, are you looking to stay on the West Coast or go someplace else? If you're looking to minimize travel time, going to someplace on the East Coast probably wouldn't be the best idea. On the other hand, it's the same distance to take a flight to Hawaii from California as it is to get to the East Coast, and you would definitely get the good golf and scenery in Hawaii. Plus, most of the resorts out there would be able to hook you up with a golf/hotel package.

Another option for you: check out a place called Punta Mita in Mexico. It's 25 miles away from the Puerto Vallerta airport, has 2 great hotels on site (Four Seasons and St. Regis), and 2 Jack Nicklaus courses that run along the coast. The Four Seasons is running a special right now where you get $1234 in resort credit if you stay for 4 nights. Both hotels are on the pricey side of things, but thought I'd put the idea out there if you wanted to splurge a bit and not have to spend a ton of time flying.

I would throw out Hawaii, too. There are still a lot of good deals on accommodations and I imagine for golf, too. Any of the islands works, with least expensive airfare into Oahu or Maui.

You can get some great deals in Myrtle Beach this time of year

You can get some great deals in Myrtle Beach this time of year

My favorite family trip ever was to Myrtle beach. Jack designed course for 50 bucks in amazing shape? Hard to beat. Although from the ranting reviews of everyone on this forum for a one stop shop I'd go with the National can be half bad right? ^_-

I love Myrtle Beach but it's a long way from the West Coast.

Back