JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
My old shaft puller broke during our last move, and since I am going to set up a new little custom shop in the 3rd garage of the new place, I wanted to get another one in.

I went with hydraulic because the ease of use and what it does is in my opinion the best around.

140.jpg

• Admin
ad415588-c6e9-96e0.jpg

gawd dude, you're getting me all jealous here. i love tools. although i don't really need a shaft puller for anything.

excellent!!! Go pull some shafts

He is in the garage right now making all sorts of noise but I have no idea what he is doing. I just hope he comes back with all his fingers.

hahaha, funny post!

I agree......we need some videos....hahaa

• Admin
She is ridiculous. I know exactly what I am doing.

is that before or after you read the instructions/manual?

hahahaha, I totally picture you saying this as you type it

is that before or after you read the instructions/manual?

There are no instructions. And I guess that means when you need something fixed, dont come to me anymore.

It looks great! What kind of puller is it? And let us know how it's working out. I'm thinking about tinkering with my old Zing 2s with putting in new shafts. I don't have a 3rd garage, mind you, but I do have a have basement to set up a small workshop! AND I got my wife's okay to do it!!!!!!!!

wheeew, I thought you were getting divorced from the title :D

Nice addition to the garage!

Zing! Fo' sho'

Lol @ craig's post.

There are no instructions. And I guess that means when you need something fixed, dont come to me anymore.

I think Tim Taylor always said that on Home Improvement before Al had to save him....

ad415588-d742-de5e.jpg

It is so easy to use. This is the best one in my opinion for the at home guy. Its the Roberts Puller. Cost is about $80.

GG just pulled her first shaft (GOLF SHAFT YOU PERVS)

It is so easy to use. This is the best one in my opinion for the at home guy. Its the Roberts Puller. Cost is about $80.

GG just pulled her first shaft (GOLF SHAFT YOU PERVS)

*cancels order for shaft puller*

I'm seriously considering getting one of these. This would cover the costs of me walking into PGA Superstore/Golfsmith or Van's everytime I want work done. I find great deals on shafts but pass it up because of the cost.

Do you think someone who has never worked on clubs could pick this up?

I do. There might be some trial and error here and there, but pulling shafts is not very hard to do in my opinion. And with a hydraulic puller, they are a piece of cake. When you get into graphite, you have to be a little more careful with the heat gun or torch, but outside of that, it really is that easy. The beauty of the hydraulic side of things, is less heat is needed.

Hmmmmm. I'm gonna see what I can find then for sure. I have a set of clubs I can experiment on. They are in need of a good reshaft anyway. Would I need a work bench to attach this too?

Back