Cleveland Launcher Ultralite Driver & FW

JB - Thanks for the incredibly fast reply.

Did any of the models you got the chance to hit have the draw set up? Any feedback on that? As for the models with the normal set up, does these tend to sit open, neutral, closed at address?

JB - Thanks for the incredibly fast reply.

Did any of the models you got the chance to hit have the draw set up? Any feedback on that? As for the models with the normal set up, does these tend to sit open, neutral, closed at address?

I would say the normal model sits fairly neutral. I did not notice any really closed looking shots of it. I have hit the draw and found them to be just like the normal except a few degrees more closed. Im not a big believer in draw drivers to fix slices, or to help with that because of the fact that it greatly changes the playable loft of a club. Just my opinion though.

JB does this one fall into the low spin or high spin category? Granted the shaft has some input with that number, but I am looking to move into a lower spinning club this spring.

JB does this one fall into the low spin or high spin category? Granted the shaft has some input with that number, but I am looking to move into a lower spinning club this spring.

I would say Mid. I know that does not help much, but it seems to be what I am seeing on the monitor.

it's no secret that i thoroughly enjoyed my 09 launcher 3wood, but have since moved on to the superfast. i can't help but find myself in this thread looking at pics and wondering what it would look like to have one of these 3w's in the bag, haha.

i look forward to the opportunity of hitting one. now that i have my superfast setup it will be a stiff challenge but one i wouldn't mind taking.

Looking forward to putting some guys on the launch monitor this weekend with these. SHould be some interesting testing.

I reckon I can man the launch monitor.

Looking forward to putting some guys on the launch monitor this weekend with these. SHould be some interesting testing.

I reckon I can man the launch monitor.

Are you going to be here this weekend? I believe you mean next weekend...hehe

But this weekend we do have 6 guys getting a chance to try these out. Then next weekend, we will have some more people on them as well. TC and I can work the monitor.

Nope....I'm not excited at all. Sorry, getting a little ahead of myself.

Are you going to be here this weekend? I believe you mean next weekend...hehe

But this weekend we do have 6 guys getting a chance to try these out. Then next weekend, we will have some more people on them as well. TC and I can work the monitor.

I would say Mid. I know that does not help much, but it seems to be what I am seeing on the monitor.

Hey that's a good enough early assessment for me considering how new it is.

We will have a really interesting article on this driver line in the next few weeks. More scientific than personal preference. Have a number of people lined up to test it out on the launch monitor this weekend and do some comparisons.

Looking forward to reading this one. Who knew science could be so fun.

It will be fun trying these out. I hope they don't make it too hard to decide though. 3 headweights X ? flex options X ? lofts. I couldn't believe how many clubs cleveland had at the last demo I saw. All their lines, all flexes, and all lofts, a double sided rack about 50 feet long, with free balls. Great fun.

It will be fun trying these out. I hope they don't make it too hard to decide though. 3 headweights X ? flex options X ? lofts. I couldn't believe how many clubs cleveland had at the last demo I saw. All their lines, all flexes, and all lofts, a double sided rack about 50 feet long, with free balls. Great fun.

Not as much fun as hitting everything in NEXT YEARS line :)

You would DEFINITELY like the THP Demo Days then.

These drivers sound amazing and I can't wait to hit them. Right now I am trying to decide if I want to put a Miyazaki shaft in my R9 460 or wait and buy one of these many cleveland drivers that come stock with an amazing shaft. Hmmmm I suppose I should wait to demo these before making any decisions but I am a very impatient person.

After hitting the SuperFast and 09 Burner I've become a big fan of light weight drivers. At 53 years old and being a guy with a bad right hand and elbow I dream about stuff like these 270 & 290 gram drivers.

They sound soooooo nice. I´m looking forward to read more about the testing. I think I may just have to reward myself with one of these. Trying to break 300 yards next year. Will probably have to wait for a long time before these babies hit Sweden - and pay around 2x the US price(sucks to be swedish:banghead:)

Or come spring I´ll go and get measured and order from US (or send bail-money to some nice THP:er)

Can´t wait!!!!!

We will have a really interesting article on this driver line in the next few weeks. More scientific than personal preference. Have a number of people lined up to test it out on the launch monitor this weekend and do some comparisons.

Awesome I can't wait. Can you compare it to other light weight drivers? Specifically the TM Superfast?

Awesome I can't wait. Can you compare it to other light weight drivers? Specifically the TM Superfast?

I have not put them up head to head. But I can tell you based solely on my swing, that it is no contest right now. Taking both as standard options I FAR prefer the Miyazaki C. Kua to the standard offering in the SuperFast.

I have not put them up head to head. But I can tell you based solely on my swing, that it is no contest right now. Taking both as standard options I FAR prefer the Miyazaki C. Kua to the standard offering in the SuperFast.

Wait the Kua to the stock Superfast shaft?
Sorry Jb, what I was asking is if you were going to compare the new Cleveland Lightweight Driver to the Superfast. I'ld be real curious to see how people Launch numbers compare when hitting these two different drivers. That and a few other drivers as well.

Wait the Kua to the stock Superfast shaft?
Sorry Jb, what I was asking is if you were going to compare the new Cleveland Lightweight Driver to the Superfast. I'ld be real curious to see how people Launch numbers compare when hitting these two different drivers. That and a few other drivers as well.

I understand. But being that the Miyazaki C. Kua is the standard shaft in the driver, I think that all comparisons have to start with that.

I understand. But being that the Miyazaki C. Kua is the standard shaft in the driver, I think that all comparisons have to start with that.

Oh ok, Sorry I get it now. Can't wait for the article!

i haven't hit the new fwy woods from cleveland but i am almost certain that i would agree with this statement.

these fwy woods are at THP HQ?

i haven't hit the new fwy woods from cleveland but i am almost certain that i would agree with this statement.

these fwy woods are at THP HQ?

They are here for people to try out.

Back