Bridgestone e6 Yellow Testing Thread

"I hope someone can make sense of my short descriptions. I sometimes have trouble transerfering my feelings into specific words."

Dirt_Guy, you did a great job on the review. Easily understood and well thought out, good job buddy. Out of curiosity, did you stay with the same rotation as which ball was hit first through the round or switch it up? No real reason, just curious. I found the E6 a bit longer than the Srixon even though I hit the Srixon second all the way around, but it really should be.

I switched it for each tee box. I hit the RX first on the odd holes and the E6 first on the even holes. I figured that way I wouldn't give one an unfair advantage of a test swing every time.

I think I would have scored lower with the RX if I would have stuck to the same routine as I did the E6. I tried to pull of some fancy wedge shots with the RX since I have confidence with it. Unfortunately I haven't played in so long that they tended to hurt me instead of help. With the E6 I just aimed to get it toward the middle of the green and 2 putt from there.

Would you say you are going to make the switch to the E6? I have been playing the E7 and so far have loved it. Great distance off the tee and pretty nice spin with the irons and wedges.

No, I'm still a fan of the e7 and don't plan to switch anytime soon.

Sorry for the delayed write-up. I received my sleeve of balls Friday and took them out for 18 on Saturday. It was brutal out there with 25 mph winds and around 45*. It was also my first round within the past month so it was a little rough starting but ended like normal. The only ball I had on hand to compare the yellow E6 with were the B330-RX, so I used each ball independently for every hole. It's really not the most fair comparison on ball performance since it is a "tour ball" but it has to compete to find a spot in my arsenal.

Before I go any farther I want to let you know I'm not a fan of the colored balls. My eye is trained to find a white golf ball so looking for a little yellow sphere is a little different for me. I tried a box of the competitor's yellow balls when they first came to the market and lost them all very quickly in tall grass and other misc. errant shots, so I never restocked.

Driver: The E6 flew well as it is designed to. Most of the shots went straight down the middle and then took an abrupt turn at the end thanks to the gusting winds. The distance was very similar to the RX and maybe varied up to a couple of yards. The E6 felt a little more tightly wound than the RX because I could feel a little harshness with each impact. It was nothing bad, just not as smooth as I'm used to with the RX.

Irons/Wedges: Once again, this ball performed as advertised. It went pretty well straight at the target. It didn't have much spin when hitting a GIR and sometimes rolled off of the tiny greens I play on, but I'm an individual that doesn't like a whole lot of spin. I like to let the ball hit the green and roll toward the hole (hopefully). I had a few chip shots that went as planned and tapped the pin, but nothing fell for me. The feel of the E6 vs the RX was pretty similar here. Everything I put a smooth swing on felt great on impact and gave good results most of the time.

Putter: It felt like most softer compression balls do, very smooth off the putter face and rund the direction it's struck. The bad thing for me is that I rush my putts more often than I should since I play a lot of solo rounds.

Yellow color: I am a believer in the yellow ball now. It was much easier to spot with all the leaf litter on the ground than the standard white ball. There were even some times I teed off with the white ball and had no idea where it flew because as soon as I looked up I lost it in the sun. Luckily I teed off with the yellow ball and was able to track it in the sky against the sun and cloud cover. When I arrived at the yellow ball, I could usually find my white one within a couple of yards. I now feel that I understand the benefits of the colored ball and am not totally against trying it again.

Overall performance: Is this any magical ball? No. Did it score lower than the RX? Yes, by 2 strokes (but that is mostly due to operator error with the clubs). Will the E6 make a regular spot in my rotation? Maybe. I might keep a sleeve or two on hand for the fall rounds with leaves on the ground. If the RX gets a color change, it might become a regular gamer for me.

I hope someone can make sense of my short descriptions. I sometimes have trouble transerfering my feelings into specific words.

Thanks THP and Bridgestone for this fun opportunity to take something new for a test run!

Great writeup Dirt! I enjoyed your delivery on this topic. I look forward to seeing you the 12th in Blairsville dude :golf2:

After work yesterday I went straight over to Greysburg golf course for a quick round. Pitting the Bridgestone e6 yellow golf ball up against my usual Callaway Big Bertha Diablo. Being late in the day I was able to play a few holes hitting each ball from the tee to hole.

Look: Obviously the yellow of the Bridgestone e6 stands out over the generic white of the BBD. The drastic difference really showed up as I teed them up beside each other. Not only could I track the e6 during fight better but it was so and I mean so much easier to find the ball. Not only in the fairway but from the rough and once even in very thick bushes. The e6 almost seemed to glow from close to 75 yards, drawing you to it. This feature seemed to have an unexpected effect on my game, making the round faster, especially locating the ball after blind tee shots!

Sound/Feel: The e6 had a much more muted sound off all of my clubs. Most notably the driver which sounds like I've hit a rock when using the BBD, not at all pleasant. It seemed to me that the e6's core was softer than the BBD, sending less of a shock through my irons and woods. Feel/Sound off the putter face was smooth and sent the ball rolling nicely.

Distance/Spin: These have been categorized together due to the "Anti-Side Spin Inner Layer that kills excess spin for an even straighter and longer flight." I found this to be a very true statement. My usual flight pattern for driver is a slice. The e6 seemed to tame my drives and 3 wood into more of a workable fade that the BBD simply couldn't match. I didn't have the luxury of a GPS or rangefinder to confirm this with but the average drive was close to 25 yards longer with the e6.
With my current skill level I'm not much of a spin player around the green. The e6 seemed to roll out close to the same amount as the BBD.

Durability: After the holes I played side by side I inspected each ball. The e6 showed less wear from full and 3/4 wedge shots, even from the Mack Daddy grooves of my 54*. Even after an unfortunate trip down the cart path the e6 was playable.

Overall performance: The ability to place the ball in the fairway is one of the major problems with my game. It was much more enjoyable to play from the fairway and edge of the rough more often.
I've tried several of the lower cost "straighter flight" balls, none of which have come close to the e6 ability to harness a slice.

Stating that I love these golf balls would be premature from one round. I'll continue to test them while they last, hopefully from a variety of shots. But so far they've simply fit my game better than any other ball. Perhaps love isn't as far fetched as I thought.

Thank you Bridgestone and THP for giving average golfers the chance to try such a great product!

good stuff blue titan. pretty cool that when i played with you i was testing a bridgestone ball, and now you are! good write up man.

Good job Blue! I think we are all showing some love for the purty little bright yellow E6 :O)

25 yard gain Titan? That's awesome! Amazing what happens when the ball doesn't waste time going sideways! Nice writeup.

Good stuff, Blue! I know it sounds crazy, but I saw the same thing on a launch monitor compared to the e5, which is a much spinnier ball. Glad to see that you enjoyed it. The e6 is just a GREAT all around ball.

Cant wait to get mine to test it. First yellow ball I will have played in decades

Wow 25 yards! I might have to try those now. :smile-big:

good stuff blue titan. pretty cool that when i played with you i was testing a bridgestone ball, and now you are! good write up man.
Funny how things come full circle isn't it? hahaa
25 yard gain Titan? That's awesome! Amazing what happens when the ball doesn't waste time going sideways! Nice writeup.

Yeah, it's very amazing. I want everyone to know that those gains were from severly sliced BBD compaired to a faded e6 from the same tee box. As close to the same swing for each that I could muster. If I were able to consistantly drive straight I'm not sure how the distances would compair. But that is the beauty of the e6, it cut the slice back significantly. For this I am quite thankful!

I've intentionally tried not to read the other reviews before I had written my own. Now having completed it I've been able to go back and read them all and I must say....very good job guys! Looking forward to reading follow ups as well. The only thing I'm not a fan of is this "limited edition". Is this based on future sales figures, as in, it does well it gets a full release?

I would love to try the orange e6's as well!

Thanks for opportunity to test these!!! Hopefully they make it before Friday so I can test them in scramble I'm playing in. Thanks again!!!

Sorry, I was supposed to play Sunday but I had a water leak in my house so I had to cancel. I should be able to play Thurs or Friday and then I will write my review. If I gain yardage like Blue Titan I will be one happy man.

I've intentionally tried not to read the other reviews before I had written my own. Now having completed it I've been able to go back and read them all and I must say....very good job guys! Looking forward to reading follow ups as well. The only thing I'm not a fan of is this "limited edition". Is this based on future sales figures, as in, it does well it gets a full release?

I would love to try the orange e6's as well!

Limited edition sells and these are the first for the E6 brand. Bridgestone wins either way by chosing to release or not, I think its a great marketing direction. I personally hope the go yellow with the B330 RXS, but I'll continue to buy that ball regardless.

PAGING bridges. PLEASE pick up the nearest courtesy phone. Maybe we should post his testing in the NFL or MLB thread so he sees it. :alien:

I know CL will you get a PM asap! He's been dying to try these, can't imagine Bridges will be far behind

I think I sent GG a pm before she finished typing my name. I just sensed it lol

Lol.... Ill hit him up. You should post it in the FF trade thread.
PAGING bridges. PLEASE pick up the nearest courtesy phone. Maybe we should post his testing in the NFL or MLB thread so he sees it. :alien:

nah, Rangers are done so try the NFL thread....hehe

lmao, send him a trade request with yellow balls in it.

Haha my bad! Sorry I wasn't on much yesterday so I didn't see it. Sending pm to GG right now. Thank you for choosing me, can't wait to test them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha my bad! Sorry I wasn't on much yesterday I WAS BUILDING A SHRINE TO WORSHIP CODY ROSS. Sending pm to GG right now. Thank you for choosing me, can't wait to test them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fify, slacker! haha

OMG!!! We have a Bridges sighting outside of - 1.FF Football threads 2. NFL thread 3. MLB thread

Back