THP FF Week 9 Thread

Oh I think he'll play as well. I'm just hoping it slows him down to where he maybe gets tackled on the 1 instead of scoring the TD

We call that Brandon Lloyd and Ray Rice syndrome.

We love Gates. The guy just gets it done every single week. If we did not think Tamme was going to be a good one, he would never have been traded. Heck the guy is our leading scorer and leading the NFL in FF scoring (except for 1 guy).

Is it alright to offer the same players in 2 different trades and see whoever bites first?

Is it alright to offer the same players in 2 different trades and see whoever bites first?

In my mind yes, but I think the system (ESPN) cancels the 1st one.

OK well I can always offer the second trade through PM's here and see if he accepts.

It would be OEM's luck that gates wont play against the worse pass defense.

Just read this on the site.

Gates has plantar fascia in his right foot in addition to toe and ankle injuries in his left foot, the San Diego Union-Tribune reports. Gates isn't sure he can play this week against Houston. "I was in so much pain," Gates said. "But you take steps, you prepare the right way. I hope I can go."
Spin:
He hurt the plantar fascia in his right foot in last week's game. Gates was diagnosed with a "minor form of plantar fascitis" in late May, but it sounds like this is more severe. He may not practice all week and he could be a game-time decision.

May have to veto the trade just so OEM doesnt get stuck with nothing for 2 straight weeks lol

You may want to read this thread above. It has been discussed already.

Injuries are definitely part of the game. Some players ball though injuries (see Gates/A Johnson) and others don't (damn you Pierre THomas!).

I'm going to try and start 2 TE's this week again. I will see what happens.

Bridges, is Torrain still available? Just putting a feeler out there.

Injuries are definitely part of the game. Some players ball though injuries (see Gates/A Johnson) and others don't (damn you Pierre THomas!).

I could always swap Ricky for Pierre:act-up:

Lol. I really want a healthy Pierre. HAHAHAHAHA I know I just set myself up for jokes.

I'm going to try and start 2 TE's this week again. I will see what happens.

Bridges, is Torrain still available? Just putting a feeler out there.

Torain/portis are available. Ask away.

Lol. I really want a healthy Pierre. HAHAHAHAHA I know I just set myself up for jokes.

me 2. I'm thinking its going to be 2 more weeks. This week and then the bye. But i've been hearing 1 or 2 more weeks for the last 5

Im pretty sure if his name was not Pierre he would have been back a few weeks ago.
me 2. I'm thinking its going to be 2 more weeks. This week and then the bye. But i've been hearing 1 or 2 more weeks for the last 5

I'm hurting for a QB this week and nothing on the waiver wire.

I'm hurting for a QB this week and nothing on the waiver wire.

Chad Henne could be yours....Heck, so could Aaron Rodgers for the right price.

And the VETO king strikes again....:alien:

Gee, I wonder who it could be pressing veto on every trade that MB makes. Its a mystery :arrogant::act-up:

LOL not me although I wish I could. Do not want to face Gates!!

LOL not me although I wish I could. Do not want to face Gates!!

It was a little tongue in cheek. Its the same person almost every time, its cool though, we kind of chuckle about it. No trades will get vetoed I can't imagine, and the lobbyist trying to rally his troops will fade into the sunset as trades get approved.

Last edited:
I won't say I haven't vetoed any trades in this league, this wasn't one of them.

We would have loved to have Gates our team, but it just wasn't in the cards and would have hurt our team more than helped it. Hope this works out best for both teams!

I have not vetoed any trades in this league. I still have Matt Cassel on the bench if anyone is looking for a QB.

nor have you at least been nice enough to accept or decline one :D

dude, I have a trade pending with you right now. I just want an acceptance or decline

Back