Ive just started hitting the K15 3W and have been very impressed with it. This weekend I plan on hitting the driver again and will post more about it then.

Hi Kevin, I've narrowed down my options to the K15 and the FT-iZ from Callaways. Do you think the K15 will perform without me having my "A" game? Looking forward to your reviews.

Hi Kevin, I've narrowed down my options to the K15 and the FT-iZ from Callaways. Do you think the K15 will perform without me having my "A" game? Looking forward to your reviews.

I have hit both of those drivers and I would say that you will REALLY enjoy the K15. It is a solid driver. I think it will perform without your A game. I thought it was extremely easy to hit

Sure is a nice looking traditional driver.

I'm assuming it's more closed based on your comments JB?

i spent a good bit of time with both of these drivers as well and much preferred the k15. i actually put it in the bag for my round on the palmer course at pga national. i loved the sound, looks at address, and it will definitely be more forgiving for you when you're "off" on the course.

The K15 is very forgiving driver and IMO much more forgiving then the FT-iZ. Im thinking of putting one in the bag but thats getting ahead of myself and this weekends testing.

Thanks for your comments guys! I really appreciate it. If there's any chance there will be any testing here in the San Francisco Bay Area, I'm up for it....just wishful thinking. Good luck on this weekend's testing.

The K15 is very forgiving driver and IMO much more forgiving then the FT-iZ. Im thinking of putting one in the bag but thats getting ahead of myself and this weekends testing.

I haven't hit the K15 but will tell you the FT-iZ isn't very forgiving at all based on my extensive testing of that particular head with numerous shaft setups.

I bought the K15 driver a few days ago. I haven't taken it on the course yet, but have been on the driving range with it for the last two days. It's definitely a very forgiving club and I like the feel of it a lot. I can still manage to get an occasional slice out of it (a product of my horrible/inconsistent swing, not the club!), but for the most part my usual slice has turned into a straight shot or very slight draw. I was hitting a 10.5* Taylor Made Burner "Draw" driver before this and I find that the K15 is much more forgiving of off-center hits and does a better job of bringing my shots back to the middle.

I cant wait til you get a round with this Snowman, it was a favorite of mine at the THP outting!

How this driver compare withh the Ping G15. I already test and finally buy the 3wood but I dont have the time to test the K15 driver

I'm beginning my review process for the K15 this weekend. I've hit the G15 as well so hopefully I can have some initial thoughts for you asap

I am interested in this. My brother had a G15 and I liked it a lot. Great feel and it was solid. It had a draw bias but nothin too much.

Heard a lot of good things about the K15.

In my time Ive spent with Ive found it to be a very solid driver. Shaft is ok, love the looks of it, alignment aid is a plus in my book and the thing hits some solid shots. I think its a worthy upgrade from the G money

I'm beginning my review process for the K15 this weekend. I've hit the G15 as well so hopefully I can have some initial thoughts for you asap

Cool waiting for your review. :thumb:

I have hit this club quite a bit and have been very impressed with the outcome. A very solid driver IMO.

I cant wait til you get a round with this Snowman, it was a favorite of mine at the THP outting!
I've played two rounds with it now - one last Saturday, one this afternoon. I just started taking lessons and am completely rebuilding my swing, so any kind of consistency is right out the window at the moment. With that said, I'm very pleased with the K15 driver. Some complain about the looks, but it sets up nicely for me and I feel confident standing over it. While there's no such thing as a "miracle club" that will turn a banana-ball slice into a dead straight shot, it definitely is more forgiving than my old TM Burner and keeps me closer to the middle. I can't attest to its shot-shaping ability because I'm nowhere near the skill level where I can voluntarily shape my shots at this point. I don't find the impact sound objectionable at all - I wouldn't call it subdued, but it's not an ear-piercing 'clink' either.

A buddy of mine I was golfing with today (I'd estimate he plays to somewhere around a 15 HI) was having a pretty solid day off the tees hitting his beat-up, 10+ year old bargain-bin driver, and on the 18th he asked if he could try mine. He hit his old driver first, then absolutely nutted one with the K15, dead straight down the middle and a good 30-40 yards beyond his first drive. He was pretty amazed and I was fortunate that I didn't have to fight him to get my club back. :)

glad you like this driver snowman. i also quite like it. if i had to choose another driver to put in the bag besides what i currently have, it may be this driver. i quite like the look of it but for me, i would need to have a shaft change immediately. sometimes i still think about this driver, lol

You were bombing the ball with it, TC. It was fun to watch.

You were bombing the ball with it, TC. It was fun to watch.

thanks man, i hit it pretty well. like i've said many times, when you just put a good smooth, even tempo'd swing on the ball with this club, much better things happen.

taking this out on the course today to start my review.....first time I can remember being excited about hitting a new driver in a while.

Really intrigued by this driver - been hitting the G15 all year - and love it. I'm way more consistent with it than my old cleveland hi bore. But, demoed the K15 and really felt smooth with the SFT. Can't wait for the review. I felt like it really did force the club face into the right position.

Good luck with it, T!

Looking forward to the review, I have really been enjoying mine. I went into the store thinking I would be buying a Diablo Edge or an R9 but came away really impressed with the K15.

ripper- did you hit the G15 at all prior to getting the K15- curious about ball flight and trajectory - any differences or is it easy to replicate flight path? I only swung it 10 times or so. Felt great but wished I had more time.

Got to start spending some time with this driver this weekend. The looks and shape are starting to win me over. Still not sure about the shaft but the initial results are hard to ignore. Definitely a long hitter although the face doesn't feel overly hot, the feeling is definitely along the lines of 'crushable', and the weighting is definitely different from other drivers where you feel more of the club throughout your swing more than most. Hoping to get soem more swings in with this tonight and/or tomorrow.

Back